Menu

Bittersweet, but good news..........

Adrian's social security disability claim was declared "allowed." It is in the local office where they will process it.

The first time. I'm certain a major reason - beyond his illness - is that we wrote letters to everyone from the President to Rick Perry. We weren't writing specifically about the SSD claim, but about the issue of needing health care. Senator John Cornyn followed up with the situation over the months, mailing us every month. He obviously called SSD as often, giving us updates before they did!

I'm sad my husband is that sick, but since that is our reality, I am in tears that it has worked out.

Adrian's social security disability claim was declared "allowed." It is in the local office where they will process it.

The first time. I'm certain a major reason - beyond his illness - is that we wrote letters to everyone from the President to Rick Perry. We weren't writing specifically about the SSD claim, but about the issue of needing health care. Senator John Cornyn followed up with the situation over the months, mailing us every month. He obviously called SSD as often, giving us updates before they did!

I'm sad my husband is that sick, but since that is our reality, I am in tears that it has worked out.

I'm so happy for you, Joanne! Was just looking through your posts, and saw this one. Bumping it up for more people to see!

Joanne, that is wonderful!

I think that that also means that he gets Medicaid, right? Or at least Medicare? I am not sure how that works, and there might be a waiting period, but I think that one of those is at least coming, if not already committed. Good, good news!

We don't know about that; we weren't able to get it by phone. It will be in the letter, which was sent yesterday. He'd have to have been determined to be disabled for 24 months for that.

But, we live in Harris County now and so he's applying for the medical coverage available.