Menu

Chocolate Fondue

Just don't get one of those chocolate fountains. It didn't work at.all.....

There is a good chocolate sauce recipe in Southern Living, one 4 oz. bittersweet cooking bar (dark), 3/4 cup of cream. I made it for a chocolate sauce for cheesecake and melted the ingredients together on low in a saucepan. I chose to add sugar, but with fruit you may not need to. Others can comment if this would work in a fondue pot!

Edited by Susan C.

I'll be watching this thread... And hoping others will make suggestions on other foods to dip in the chocolate! We're going to a neighbor's for Thanksgiving. My job is to supply a large variety of items to dip in the chocolate. So far, my list includes green apples, strawberries, vanilla cake, rice krispy treats, and marshmallows. I need a few more items, especially for those in braces!

Any quality chocolate will work.

When I feel fancy:

8 oz. high quality dark chocolate

1 cup heavy cream

Toblerone Bars make excellent fondue.

I have used a bag of ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips

Things to dip:

Banana slices

strawberries

sponge cake

rice krispie treats

marshmallows

oreos

twinkies

I'll be watching this thread... And hoping others will make suggestions on other foods to dip in the chocolate! We're going to a neighbor's for Thanksgiving. My job is to supply a large variety of items to dip in the chocolate. So far, my list includes green apples, strawberries, vanilla cake, rice krispy treats, and marshmallows. I need a few more items, especially for those in braces!

I love pound cake!!!

Um.. yeah.. I'm going to be in trouble. DH and I are on Weight Watchers so I'm mostly doing this for the kids. But hey, rice krispy treats? marshmallows? twinkies?? Ack!!

I will not eat more than a small serving size with fruit.

My WW meeting today was so empty. The leader said it was very common for a low count the week before any holidays. It's too bad. We had a really good meeting.

:D:D

Oh, and I do have a fondue pot. It's as old as the hills, but it still works. Cheese fondue is really good too.

Oh, oh... I can answer this one!

Go to Crate & Barrel & get their chocolate fondue. It's dark Belgian chocolate & is excellent. If they don't have it out, ask for it. They keep it in back if it's not out on the display.

I think you have to add heavy whipping cream (and maybe some butter to it?).... This stuff is delicious. :D It's worth the price, imo.

BelgianChocolateFondueF9?$web_zoom$&extend=110,110,110,110

pretzels

bananas

I usually do 12oz of high-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips and a cup of heavy cream.

Good things to dip:

- marshmallows

- pound cake

- pretzels

- strawberries

- banana slices

- mandarin oranges (surprisingly good!)

- raspberries

Please don't dip Twinkies in it.

We just celebrated our engagement anniversary and had a fondue meal--cheese, oil and then choc.

Our recipe --roughly, as I'm not sure of the measurements (dh is in charge of the chocolate portion of the meal)--is to take about 1 bag of either milk choc or semisweet chocolate chips and melt them with half a can of sweetened condensed milk.

We dip strawberries, pound cake (Sara Lee holds up well), bananas and fresh pineapple (we dry it off with a paper towel a bit to help the choc adhere). Pretzels are lovely with chocolate, but you can't spear them with the fondue fork.

I love this meal, because it lasts about 2 hours and is filled with conversation. :001_smile: