Menu

So what is everyone wearing as Halloween costumes?

Dd age 9 is going to be Medusa. We have the dress & rubber snakes for the hair. I just have to figure out how to attach the snakes to the headdress, make the headdress, and how to style her non-snake hair.

Dd age 6 wanted to be a Rainbow Fairy and then abruptly changed to a witch. Hers is done.

Dd age 4 wanted to be Thomas the Tank Engine and then fell in love with a My Little Pony costume at Salvation Army when we were shopping for a Medusa dress. So My Little Pony it is.

I got a black cape and a Carnival-type mask.

Ariel can't make up her mind whether to be a black cat (which I already bought stuff for), Boudicca (her hero - which I'd have to find a wig and dress for) or a ghost. If she goes as a ghost, she's going to have to be a dirty one, because the only sheets I am willing to cut up are dirt brown (they were used as curtains by the former owner of the house).

I shared this with my son, who has been spending far too much time thinking about Halloween costumes lately :glare: and the cereal killer was an instant hit. Thanks! He now has his costume.....and can get back to his regularly scheduled schoolwork.

My son will be thrilled. He loves when people love his ideas. Glad I could be of assistance in getting your son back to his regularly scheduled school work.

DD7 is going as Hermione

DS5 is going as Harry Potter (we've been reading Chamber of Secrets :) )

DD2 is going as a strawberry (SO CUTE!!) and I'm going as Strawberry Shortcake

DS0 is going as the top half of a chicken costume all the other kids wore on their first Halloween. He's just not big enough for the legs. :D

Funny enough, DS5 only wore the legs on his first Halloween! :lol:

Ds7 - a knight (other kids are trying to convince him to go around saying "nee"

Ds10 - Darth Maul (no idea how to spell that)

Dd13 - Luna Lovegood

Dd14 - Tonks

And if dh stop passing this cold/ flu/ stomach bug thing back and forth so we can get our acts together, we're going as Mrs. Lovett and Sweeny Todd.

We have the cub scout halloween party tonight, so we'll all dress up for that. But on actual halloween, only the kids dress up.

dd12 is going to be a vampire (a nice one, but not a sparkly one ;) )

ds9 is also a vampire (more like Dracula)

ds9 is going as Donkey Kong

dd2 is a monkey

I am going to be Professor Trelawny and dh is going to be a vampire banana (he bought a banana costume hoping I would wear it, but I don't do that sort of costume, so rather than take it back, he is going to wear both of his costumes. :lol:)

I was thinking of something unexpected ... like a witch.

What do you think? Could I pull that off?

:lol::lol:

Idk, maybe... :lol:

Ds7 - a knight (other kids are trying to convince him to go around saying "nee" That's hilarious

Ds10 - Darth Maul (no idea how to spell that) That's right

Dd13 - Luna Lovegood

Dd14 - Tonks

And if dh stop passing this cold/ flu/ stomach bug thing back and forth so we can get our acts together, we're going as Mrs. Lovett and Sweeny Todd.

We have the cub scout halloween party tonight, so we'll all dress up for that. But on actual halloween, only the kids dress up.

dd12 is going to be a vampire (a nice one, but not a sparkly one ;) )

ds9 is also a vampire (more like Dracula)

ds9 is going as Donkey Kong

dd2 is a monkey

I am going to be Professor Trelawny and dh is going to be a vampire banana (he bought a banana costume hoping I would wear it, but I don't do that sort of costume, so rather than take it back, he is going to wear both of his costumes. :lol:)

Your sparkly vampire comment made me think of that picture where Blade is in the background behind Edward/Bella and the caption says 'What we all wish would have happened' or something like that. :lol:

Sorry, it just made me laugh and think of that . :D