Menu

Do you have a real friend from this forum?

I'm sorry that many of you are feeling sad because of this thread. I didn't mean for it to make people sad. I've been here almost 4 years, and just within the last year have I begun to develop friendships offline. Hang in there, and reach out to people. You will make friends!

:D

:iagree:

I've been coming here for 13 years now. Has it really been that long? Holy Crapoli! :lol:

:iagree:

I've been coming here for 13 years now. Has it really been that long? Holy Crapoli! :lol:

You have a lot of crapoli today;) :auto:

I've been coming here for 9 years. I didn't get a PM friend until 2 years ago. I did know some boardies before then but that's because I was in a homeschool group with a lot of WTMers.

No. I imagine it takes quite some time to build up a rapport with individual members. There are so many members here and it can be quite difficult to keep track of even those who post regularly. Then, of course, I guess you have to have something in common. It would be nice to have a friend from here one day, though.

Cassy

I agree with Cassy here - well said. :001_smile:

I haven't been around long enough and I sure don't post often enough. I am so afraid of saying the "wrong thing" or I type something out, re-read it and think "naa, I better not".

Maybe one day I'll work up the nerve to say more, make myself known, and then make a friend!!

I agree with Cassy here - well said. :001_smile:

I haven't been around long enough and I sure don't post often enough. I am so afraid of saying the "wrong thing" or I type something out, re-read it and think "naa, I better not".

Maybe one day I'll work up the nerve to say more, make myself known, and then make a friend!!

I would have 10,000 posts if I didn't erase them 75% of the time! Maybe I'd have a friend or two if I posted more... but I'd probably have some enemies as well!

I have a few people here who I would consider real friends. But I don't have anyone that meets your criteria:

I am talking about a friend that you talk on the phone with, exchange emails with, etc. Someone who knows some of what is going on in your life and that you can call when things get rough or you just feel like talking.
I've spoken on the phone to Imp once and to Mommaduck a couple of times. I've actually known Mommaduck about 6 years, but we've never actually met.

Less than a handful of people here have my email address. Less than those have my phone number.

There have only been a couple of times that I would have liked someone to talk to. Once I just posted on the general board and got lots of great feedback. The other time I opened up to someone via PM and that didn't go to well.

What can I say. I'm batting 500.

I don't mean that you've met IRL necessarily. I am talking about a friend that you talk on the phone with, exchange emails with, etc. Someone who knows some of what is going on in your life and that you can call when things get rough or you just feel like talking. If you've met them IRL, that's a bonus!

I'm just curious. :D

I wish that I could say yes. After private messages, sometimes I feel closer to people...but the examples you give, no. There are three ladies that I've gotten personal with here... Maybe I should get their phone numbers. Well, I have the one's #, but she never answered, and there was no voicemail...:001_huh:

I did meet one other IRL, but it was right before she moved. I always was wishing I could meet up with her, then she announced they were moviing. I had fun at her place, her children were so dear.

I'm one of the "older" moms, but it doesn't always mean our friends have to be our age.;)

No.

But there are some blogs I have enjoyed reading from members here.

And there are some people I like/admire a lot and would love to meet irl if the opportunity ever arose. (That would be when my filthy rich but hitherto unknown great aunt dies at a grand old age and leaves me her fortune, enabling us to travel to the US :lol: )

Edited by Hotdrink

Not yet. Maybe someday . . . I hope, anyway! :001_smile: I'm shy about even asking people from here to be FB friends--I don't want anyone to think I'm a stalker or anything.

That's kind of how I feel too....I don't want anyone to think I'm being weird. lol:tongue_smilie: