Menu

Hannah's surgery is today

We're getting ready to leave for the hospital. Hannah's surgery is scheduled for 9:30, but we have to be at the hospital early to get her port accessed. I don't know that I'll have access, but I'll update when I can. Hannah will be in the hospital at least until Saturday.

UPDATE!!

Hannah did well in surgery today. They did a cytoscopy and checked her bladder from the inside. It looked great. They moved her ovaries as far as possible and marked them with clips that are visible on xray. She has been sleeping, crunching ice, and watching dvds. She looks very good considering what she has been through today. She is a bit upset that she can't eat anything but ice, and they are rationing that to one cup per 12 hour nurses shift. She is doing great.

Edited by Melinda S in TX
updating

UPDATE!!

Hannah did well in surgery today. They did a cytoscopy and checked her bladder from the inside. It looked great. They moved her ovaries as far as possible and marked them with clips that are visible on xray. She has been sleeping, crunching ice, and watching dvds. She looks very good considering what she has been through today. She is a bit upset that she can't eat anything but ice, and they are rationing that to one cup per 12 hour nurses shift. She is going great.

What a wonderful update, Melinda!