Menu

ETA cuisenaire

KristenR

Following up with everyone regarding the sale they are having. I got an email from them about my order saying they apologized for the trouble with their system the first two days of the sale. So they gave me a coupon code to use on my next order.

Ironically, now my computer is acting up and I can't seem to get any images to upload. So I was wondering if anyone else got the coupon and what fun things they planned on purchasing with it.... I don't want to waste it but I really don't need anything right now.... Maybe someone thinks there is something on there that is a "must have"..... Anyone???

I didn't get a coupon code, but I'm pretty annoyed that my order hasn't shipped. Did yours? It's been over a week and they charged my credit card right away...usually companies charge right before shipping.

I figure they're swamped. I actually called yesterday to double check because I, too, thought it would have shipped by now. I was told my order would ship by the end of this week. If I'd paid full price, I'd be annoyed. But for such wonderful deals, I will be patient.

I had to call yesterday because my credit card number had been stolen and canceled. (Good job losing all that information Visa.) No one had sent me an email or called, but apparently there was a credit card hold on the order. As of this morning there is a tracking number for my shipment, but no actual shipping information.

I'm probably going to use the coupon code for some holiday shopping. I can just hear the gasp of horror from my family now. "You gave them math and science supplies for Christmas?! You're a monster."

I was a bit annoyed when I realized that my order hasn't shipped yet either. Yet they didn't have any issue charging my bank account almost immediately. I went to check my order status just a few minutes ago and jsut now have tracking information BUT when I click the link it says that there is currently no shipment information available.

I really was hoping to have the stuff this week, but again I'm SO thankful for the deals and will wait another week before I call and complain.

We got a small order with thermometers and slip covers & slides.

Does anyone know if they would recommend any of their microscopes?

I don't have any experience with their microscopes but I am eyeing that stereo one. That would make a nice Christmas present.

Well, I have no reason to complain now. I could have sworn my card was charged right away (we are on a very tight budget and I've been watching it like a hawk)! I was looking at my account today and it was just charged today! :blush5: I checked my order status on the website and there was a shipping notice. Apparently their warehouse is very close and will be her tomorrow! :D

This is exactly what I have received. Patiently waiting for the rest to arrive.

My dh actually made fun of me today because when I heard him say he had a box from ETA I ran out of my room doing this weird skip/hop. Ahh the things that make us homeschooling moms happy!

I was a bit disappointed that it was *just* petri dishes but I'll patiently await my next delivery. Maybe I'll bust out in a dance or something when it arrives.....:tongue_smilie:

We got our package right after lunch and they've been enjoying the "toys" all afternoon! We even filled our ant farm with ants from the driveway. It took both DH and me 20 minutes to get 4 little ants in there! I wonder what the neighbors where thinking! :lol:

:party: The box arrived today, and the boys and I had so much fun! Did anyone else get the reading rods? I think they're my favorite item.

We got these too and I'm very impressed! My 4yo is just starting phonics, so there's not much to do with them yet. We did play with the rhyming cubes, and my older two made a few words.

Wow....I must be the only one that hasnt recieved my order! I ordered on the first day of the sale and my order still says its processing. I was surprised they already charged my card for it too. I guess part of the great deal is having some patience :001_smile:

I went back and got some 2 cm cubes for my younger son to play with while my older son uses his Cuisenaire rods, I only wish they had the jumbo Cuisenaire rods on sale - I'd jump all over that!

Also the balloon cars from the science section, which will be favors at our "thinkgs that go" joint birthday party next year. ;)

Whee, just got my first delivery, the second order I placed. The plastic pattern blocks aren't as attractive as my wooden Melissa and Doug ones, but I'm putting together a 4th birthday kit for my nephew, with Pattern Blocks (and a book of free Pattern Block printables), Cuisenaire Rods (ditto), plastic Fraction circles, a Geoboard and some rubber bands (also printables here from Making Learning Fun, with letters and numbers) and Reading Rods. Oh, and an Ant Farm, so it's not all "boring" learning stuff. :) Actually, on the whole, I think I picked the least boring learning stuff, but then the little dude asked for the DVD of Cars 2, so. Yeah. ;)

I went back and got some 2 cm cubes for my younger son to play with while my older son uses his Cuisenaire rods, I only wish they had the jumbo Cuisenaire rods on sale - I'd jump all over that!

Also the balloon cars from the science section, which will be favors at our "thinkgs that go" joint birthday party next year. ;)

What? I wanted some because my set is missing a pair, but they only had a set for $10. Happily, we first found one piece (that's been missing for 2 years) and then the other! Hooray! Yes, I count the pieces every time I put them away.

My order still hasn't been shipped.

I got an ungodly amount of stuff. I have promised my kids a science lab.

We got our package right after lunch and they've been enjoying the "toys" all afternoon! We even filled our ant farm with ants from the driveway. It took both DH and me 20 minutes to get 4 little ants in there! I wonder what the neighbors where thinking! :lol:

We got these too and I'm very impressed! My 4yo is just starting phonics, so there's not much to do with them yet. We did play with the rhyming cubes, and my older two made a few words.

:lol: I was thinking about doing this with the ants too, but think I will wait for another day. DS4.5 has worn his safety glasses to freshen the kitchen sink with baking soda and vinegar twice already today. :D I think I'm going to order more stuff, esp with the free shipping. I want a few more of the sets of gears. And maybe more play money. The boys have paid me for everything today, even cups of water.

So what might be some uses for a giant pegboard? I'm intrigued by the price and no shipping, but I'm ... not sure we'd need it, to say the least. ;)

Well, I ordered one. ;) I got the smaller one, and I am going to cut in it half so both of the littles will have one. We are going to be using K at Home and it uses peg boards. I am hoping golf tees might work or they have a cheap peg set at Oriental Trading Co and we could use those pegs....

We got the second box today, completing our first order. I'm pondering ordering a couple more things because of the free shipping, but I noticed that many of the "cool" things were sold out & removed from the list already. They've been adding other things because there were a few things I didn't remember from the first time I ordered.

Anyone else still looking?

We got our big box yesterday, and everything was great except the set of 100 2cm wooden cubes that were a bit moldy. I live in Arizona, and the UPS truck isn't air-conditioned, so it's not entirely their fault. (There were a few of those silica crystal packets, but it didn't do the job entirely, a few of the blocks were definitely smelling icky and getting fuzzy.)

I emailed them about it because I already had a second order of the blocks coming in, but I anticipate that it may take them a while to respond. I'm cool with that...at these prices, everything has been fantastic. I wish I had ordered more of certain things, because I can see how it would be helpful to have more than one set of reading rods, etc. (Well, technically, we do have two sets, but as one is earmarked for my nephew's birthday... ;>)

I ordered twice-one mostly math stuff, which arrived today, and one mostly science stuff. I don't know if they'd added more to science, or if I'd just missed it the first time around. Besides, since DD is getting a microscope for Christmas, it made sense to order some of the prepared slides and blank slides/cover slips to go with that, right?

• 2 weeks later...