Menu

I found a gap in our homeschool

My step dad never says anything about homeschooling. My kids read early, we are BUSY in a lot of things.

So when he visited recently we were sight seeing. He asked the kids to sing a round with him. They had no idea how. I tried to explain it but they weren't able to do it. My stepdad went on for a bit about them missing out from school. For not knowing how to song a round with others?!?!

There is our gap. We can't sing a round. It is only 2 kids Dear stepdad ;-)

I don't even know what that means. Sing a round? It must be an American tradition?

One person (or group) begins a song and sings the first verse. Then, a second person (or group) begins singing the same song while the other group sings the second verse or chorus. Continue with as many groups as you have. It sounds really cool.

I don't even know what that means. Sing a round? It must be an American tradition?

It's just when one person starts singing the song, then another person starts the same song a few beats later, etc. You've probably heard it and know it by another name.

I bet they don't often teach round-singing in school. I think you have to go to camp for that. Maybe your step-dad wants to pay for camp? :D

I bet they don't often teach round-singing in school. I think you have to go to camp for that. Maybe your step-dad wants to pay for camp? :D

I learned it in both public and private school in the late 1980s/early 1990s. I don't know if it's typical now.

Rounds were fun, but I preferred singing different parts/songs at the same time such as Swing Low, Sweet Chariot/When the Saints/I'm Gonna Sing/This Train. My Christian elementary used to be split into 4 groups to sing this during chapel and it sounded wonderful!

My step dad never says anything about homeschooling. My kids read early, we are BUSY in a lot of things.

So when he visited recently we were sight seeing. He asked the kids to sing a round with him. They had no idea how. I tried to explain it but they weren't able to do it. My stepdad went on for a bit about them missing out from school. For not knowing how to song a round with others?!?!

There is our gap. We can't sing a round. It is only 2 kids Dear stepdad ;-)

Oh, your poor, poor children. I only hope you can teach this to them before they graduate.:tongue_smilie:

Lisa