Menu

365 days ago, I was diagnosed with breast cancer.

This really strikes home for me. My family has the "gene" that causes us to be something like 80% more likely to have breast cancer. My sister already had it, and she has had a double-mastectomy. My other sister got the test, found out she also has the gene and just went ahead and had a double-mastectomy to keep it from happening to her. My 3rd sister has also been tested and has the gene.

I haven't been tested yet. I am going to, but I am nervous to hear the results.

I am happy that you are celebrating anniversarys! May I ask, what are the symptoms you referred to? A lump? I ask because I want to be sure I know what I need to pay attention to.

At my last mammogram the doctor re-did the test because there was a darker area. They said it is probably nothing, that I have "fibroids?" But they want me to come in again in 6 months just to be sure there is nothing hiding beneath it.

With my family history, I have to be honest, I'm trying not to worry....

Anyway, thanks for sharing and I want to send you lots and lots of virtual :grouphug:s for all you have faced in this journey.