Menu

Who's on Google+?

I've added everyone who put their names here.

I'm the woman on the trapeze, face partially obscured. I'm not putting my full name here because I am to keep my online identities seperate from my real name :) Feel free to add me, or PM me if you want my name to add me.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just updated a post I made earlier in the thread:

ETA: The Google+Facebook extension has major security holes and shouldn't be installed. It downloads a script every time it executes, a frowned upon and dangerous practice.

If anyone needs help uninstalling this, please let me know and I'll help walk you through it.

Edited by nmoira

Someone posted somewhere a link that showed how to move all FB data over to Google+. Does anyone have that link? I cannot find it now!

I think Facebook blocked the contact transfer tool within hours of its release.

I just signed up this week. I have added some of the people on this thread, but I still can't see the group area. Here is a link to me.

Your link is just to the G+ main page. Try linking to your profile.

And there isn't a 'group' place. The idea is that you can add a bunch of people to circles - in this case HS or WTM circles - and then post just to them and people will respond and share.

I've got over 120 people in my HS Circle. Here is a great post with lots of HSers:

And here's the WTM post:

If you circle me, Diana Bartch, you can get access to both of those links.

I've got over 120 people in my HS Circle. Here is a great post with lots of HSers:

And here's the WTM post:

Thanks for linking to those! I just added another huge group of homeschoolers to my circles. It's exciting to see how we can all connect this way. :)

Thanks for linking to those! I just added another huge group of homeschoolers to my circles. It's exciting to see how we can all connect this way. :)

I'm on google plus too, but can't figure out how to get a WTM circle up. All this new media is starting to make me feel old LOL. I can't seem to get the WTM link to work... my name on google plus is Melanie Blair.

Edited by catholicmommy

Is there some trick to getting on to Google + ? When I've tried, they've told me they've exceeded their capacity.

You have to receive an invite from someone already on G+. If you want to PM your email address, I'll send you an invite.

They have been steadily open now, just by invite only. When it first started, they'd open the invites for very short periods of time (10-20 minutes it seemed) and then stop again. I think they were doing flood control so they didn't overload servers and the like.

I got the invite (Thanks!), but they're asking for my phone number for "verification". I'm less than thrilled about them selling this piece of info to anyone who feels like trying to sell me something.

Did everyone else have to give their phone number? If so, did you get unwanted calls following that?

I got the invite (Thanks!), but they're asking for my phone number for "verification". I'm less than thrilled about them selling this piece of info to anyone who feels like trying to sell me something.

Did everyone else have to give their phone number? If so, did you get unwanted calls following that?

Google will not sell your personal information to any other entity; it's not in their interest to do so. Google is in the business of serving up ads on their own sites and elsewhere, and it uses your personal data to better target the ads. It keeps your information jealously guarded, except to you. However, it does offer a number of options in the privacy dashboard for limiting its use and collection of your data, both on Google sites and off. I don't have the issues with Google I do with Facebook's ever shifting privacy "features" and the never ending "accidental" leaks.

Ladies and Gentlemen... I present the extension (Chrome/Firefox/Safari) we've been waiting for... :tongue_smilie:

Start Google Plus extension: http://startgoogleplus.com/

Click on "get extension to get sent to the right site for your browser.

It integrates Facebook and Twitter feeds into your G+ Stream (can be turned off), and, most importantly, lets you post to FB or Twitter from G+. I've tested it on FB with status updates, links, and a picture and each type of post worked flawlessly. Note: You won't see posts from people who have set FB privacy to disallow access by all apps (but you don't see those in FB mobile apps either).

Also: How to Migrate your Facebook Data to Google Plus

I just posted this, you may wish to check your own circles page:

I must not get getting all my Circle notifications. I just found about 15 people who'd encircled me that I didn't know about (one of the sort options under "People who have added you" is "Not yet in circles"). Not creepy people :P but rather people welcome in my circles.

In a browser, you get to the Circles page by clicking the button directly to the left of the "find people" box above your stream.

Ladies and Gentlemen... I present the extension (Chrome/Firefox/Safari) we've been waiting for... :tongue_smilie:

Start Google Plus extension: http://startgoogleplus.com/

Click on "get extension to get sent to the right site for your browser.

It integrates Facebook and Twitter feeds into your G+ Stream (can be turned off), and, most importantly, lets you post to FB or Twitter from G+. I've tested it on FB with status updates, links, and a picture and each type of post worked flawlessly. Note: You won't see posts from people who have set FB privacy to disallow access by all apps (but you don't see those in FB mobile apps either).

Also: How to Migrate your Facebook Data to Google Plus

This is great! It's transferring my photos now. :)

• 1 month later...