Menu

Political Compass?

Here's my results:

Economic Left/Right: -4.12

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.08

I don't really understand what it means. :confused:

Your first score means you lean towards communism, economically speaking, and rather far away from neo-liberalism (think very free market, "every man for himself).

Your second score means you lean very far away from fascism (as the ultimate authoritarian model), and more closely to libertarianism in personal freedoms. You are closer to anarchism than to fascism.

Your first score means you lean towards communism, economically speaking, and rather far away from neo-liberalism (think very free market, "every man for himself).

Your second score means you lean very far away from fascism (as the ultimate authoritarian model), and more closely to libertarianism in personal freedoms. You are closer to anarchism than to fascism.

Is there any correlation between the scores and democrat/repblican, or are d/r too close in the grand scheme to be separated out by this quiz?

Is there any correlation between the scores and democrat/repblican, or are d/r too close in the grand scheme to be separated out by this quiz?

In practice, they would both be in the upper right quadrant, very near the middle of the graph. More abstractly, I would consider the lower left quadrant to be Democrat, the upper right quadrant to be Republican, and the lower right quadrant to be Libertarian.

Hope that helps!

Edited by tntgoodwin

In practice, they would both be in the upper right quadrant, very near the middle of the graph. More abstractly, I would consider the upper left quadrant to be Democrat, the upper right quadrant to be Republican, and the lower right quadrant to be Libertarian.

Hope that helps!

So, if I am lower left, I am a nonexistant political party? :001_huh:

So, if I am lower left, I am a nonexistant political party? :001_huh:

In this country, yes. I'm politically very close to you. There are no parties "left" or truly "liberal" in the United States, besides maybe the Green Party. As tnt said, Democrats are practically quite conservative in many ways. They're the Republicans of 15 years ago. The Republicans are...somewhere off to the right.

Economic Left/Right: 2.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

I really haven't a clue what these results mean. I have a hard time with these types of quizes because many of the questions I would like to answer non of the above. I really do not like the way some of them were worded and just had to pick the closest answer.

Economic Left/Right: 2.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

I really haven't a clue what these results mean. I have a hard time with these types of quizes because many of the questions I would like to answer non of the above. I really do not like the way some of them were worded and just had to pick the closest answer.

:iagree: I had that trouble too. I kept wondering where the "other" button was :lol:

Me too. I thought my results were hysterical. I am not anywhere near as left leaning as it makes me out to be.

Me too. I thought my results were hysterical. I am not anywhere near as left leaning as it makes me out to be.
:iagree:with you and twoxcell.

I didn't like the choices on some. My results were Economic Left/Right -5.38 and Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -3.85.

I think I was near Ghandi also. :001_huh: Not that it surprised me. I didn't think I was that ... liberal, peaceful. I didn't see the Dalai Lama's name...but I guess he would be in there with me, Ghandi, Mandella, and Amy1k!

I don't know what it means either, but maybe we're now in the system and they can watch us to see if we're going to have peaceful demonstrations.:D:tongue_smilie:

Economic Left/Right: -5.62

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.21

Though I was wasn't sure about a couple of the questions. I overthink things.

Yep. Thinking about homosexuality and abstract art

:D

If only that were all. You know my greatest shame. :tongue_smilie: Edited by nmoira

Well, it's 3AM here. DH may be a deviant and a democrat, but I can just picture his face if I woke him. I'm actually tempted to take a picture of his expression and have it as my avatar.
:tongue_smilie:

There's always tea.

Economic Left/Right: -4.50

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31

Here's my results:

Economic Left/Right: -4.12

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.08

I don't really understand what it means. :confused:

It means you should come hang out with me!

I suspect he would totally not be on speaking terms with me, since I chose reducing unemployment as more important than controlling/ reducing inflation. :D

Yeah, me too...

Most of the questions made me want to barf or hit "other" but when forced to chose I came up:

Economic Left/Right -2.2

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -4.4

Bill

Yeah, I had a lot of moments like that. Where's the neutral button, or the "I agree with clause A, but disagree with clause B" button?

Yep. Thinking about homosexuality and abstract art.

:D

Fun times!!

Looks like most so far are in the lower left quadrant...very interesting!

Not really, given that the poll questions are a bit skewed, I think, to produce libertarian-leaning results. Although maybe not. I don't know. I do think a number of them are weirdly worded, though.

Edited by twoforjoy

Well there were several that I just gave a best guess. Some of those questions were worded to be a bit leading I think. Now I am left wondering what my results say about me. :confused:

Economic Left/Right: 0.00

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.79

I hang with the Dalai Lama, which makes sense, but I still don't put much stock into the quiz. The style of questioning didn't give enough room to adequately distinguish between my personal opinions and my thoughts on legislating those personal opinions.

:iagree:

This quiz:

Economic Left/Right: -4.88

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-4.88&soc=-5.13

Compared to the quiz found here:

You are a left moderate social authoritarian.

Left: 4.77, Authoritarian: 1.62

10x17.gif

I believe the second quiz more accurately represents my views.