Menu

Dr hive! Horse fall possible concussion ;(

Okay, ds had a pretty slow fall of our pony's shoulder today. He was wearing a helmet and got right back on. I didn't think a whole lot of it at first. As he was riding around he started whimpering. We decided to call it a day, untacked, put the horses away and then loaded up in the van. As we were driving off I heard him ask his brother, "Did I fall off the horse?" :confused: I started to quiz him about what he remembered and eventually he seemed to remember everything. I asked if he thought he hit his head, he said yes. He hit they forehead area where the visor is.

We are home now and he is still being a bit whiny. I took him inot the bathroom to check his pupils. The right pupil dilates and holds the dilation the left dilates and then expands again.

What should I do? He is holding ice on his forehead.

Edited by simka2

Just looking for an update.

Glad to hear though that he had his helmet on. Even just a slow slip off a pony can be much more serious with out a helmet.

Oh, and when you get back and settled, get a new helmet just to be sure.

He is okay. I called his dr and we kept a close eye on him. Ice and so long as there are no further complications he will be seen on monday. He has taken a few hits to the head recently which is a bit bothersome. Thanks for all your thoughts!