Menu

s/o The Anti-Monarchist thread for those who think the Royals should be Throne Out

on the contrary, over here in the good ol' US of A, you *do* have the right to say it.;)

but happy PM'ing.....:lol:

Oh I realise I have the legal right to be a rude git and spout fallacies, but socially I tend to get along better if I don't.

And we shan't need to be happy PMing if you lot don't make us! (Heheh, just to be juvenile and pass responsibility.)

Rosie

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sweet of you, but it will be unnecessary for you to take a day off to defend my right to say things I have no right to say. Nowhere more public than pm's between the members of the International Association of OMG Those Americans Stress Me anyway. :tongue_smilie:

Rosie

Rosie I am SHOCKED that a friend like you has not invited me to join the International Association of OMG Those Americans Stress Me!

:lol:

I am only a member of Their a Weird Mob Over There Association

Rosie I am SHOCKED that a friend like you has not invited me to join the International Association of OMG Those Americans Stress Me!

I am shocked that you don't consider yourself a member. I thought you'd outted yourself a few pages back. :D

And here I was thinking if we turned out the Windsors we could turn over a lot of the Royal booty to the Society for Creative Anachronism :D

Bill

I don't need the jewels, but how nice our campsite would look with their furniture! Hang on, their jewels really are better than ours.

I don't think anyone is really interested in seeing royal booty. :ack2:

You know, we didn't need that idea introduced to our innocent brains. :ack2:

:lol:

Rosie

Here's another Prince Philip quote:

"In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, to contribute something to solving overpopulation." -Prince Philip 1988

I imagine that this overpopulation he is talking about is of commoners, not wealthy people in power. This interbreeding royal family is huge and includes American presidents and many celebrities.

The newlyweds are cousins. It's a lie that Diana and Kate were some commoners. Others in the family are Obama, the Bush's (more Nazi supporters), the Clinton's, the Kennedy's, Sarah Palin, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Madonna, Gwen Stefani, Celene Dion, and the list goes on and on. They even let it be announced on the news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjXFHFp7d7Y

The brave souls born into this family that chose to change the agenda were Abraham Lincoln, JFK, and Princess Diana. We all know what happened to them.

Considering that the big royal family has much more power and wealth than is ever revealed, there isn't much hope for dethroning. Our best bet is to pray for the hearts of the people in power to open and use their positions to serve humanity in a righteous way.

Edited by Devotional Soul

I find it absolutely unbelievable that Americans ( who aren't even in the Commonwealth) want to dethrone the queen... I am completely speechless. It isn't YOUR country.

Really, sometimes some of you display the worst stereotyped behaviour of Americans who are trying to control the world.

:iagree:

I live in the UK, and I still don't feel like I have a right to dethrone the queen because I'm not a citizen. Why Americans who don't even live here have their knickers all in a twist over the issue is an absolute mystery to me.

This interbreeding royal family is huge and includes American presidents and many celebrities.

The royal family is certainly huge.. many , many people are related to them. My grandmother swears that we are related, through King Henry V111's chambermaid.

If you go back far enough, I think we have all been inbreeding , we are all related.

Here's another Prince Philip quote:

"In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, to contribute something to solving overpopulation." -Prince Philip 1988

I imagine that this overpopulation he is talking about is of commoners, not wealthy people in power. This interbreeding royal family is huge and includes American presidents and many celebrities.

The newlyweds are cousins. It's a lie that Diana and Kate were some commoners. Others in the family are Obama, the Bush's (more Nazi supporters), the Clinton's, the Kennedy's, Sarah Palin, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Madonna, Gwen Stefani, Celene Dion, and the list goes on and on. They even let it be announced on the news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjXFHFp7d7Y

The brave souls born into this family that chose to change the agenda were Abraham Lincoln, JFK, and Princess Diana. We all know what happened to them.

Considering that the big royal family has much more power and wealth than is ever revealed, there isn't much hope for dethroning. Our best bet is to pray for the hearts of the people in power to open and use their positions to serve humanity in a righteous way.

YouTube? Honestly.:001_rolleyes:

They're 12th cousins. 12th! The Royals are probably 12th cousins with half of England. The common ancestor they share lived 400 years ago. I suspect it's much the same with all the other names you listed. William's probably more closely related to his driver or the waitress at his favourite restaurant in London.

Being some ridiculously distant cousin does not make you a royal by any stretch.

Edited by WishboneDawn

Being some ridiculously distant cousin does not make you a royal by any stretch.

Are you kidding me? I never leave the house without my nice underpants on, in case today's the day I am called to step in for the Queen.

I spend my nights watching "Dave" and "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."

YouTube? Honestly.:001_rolleyes:

They're 12th cousins. 12th! The Royals are probably 12th cousins with half of England. The common ancestor they share lived 400 years ago. I suspect it's much the same with all the other names you listed. William's probably more closely related to his driver or the waitress at his favourite restaurant in London.

To be fair, it is not a youtube video, but a clip from the TV news.

It seems obvious to me in the clip that Mr. Bush could have been related to the janitor across the street and it would not have been mentioned... they were only pointing out the famous people they found.

I find it absolutely unbelievable that Americans ( who aren't even in the Commonwealth) want to dethrone the queen... I am completely speechless. It isn't YOUR country.

Well, even when I was only Canadian, there were a number of world leaders I wanted to see out of government, such as some of the cruel dictators. While I don't put the royal family in the same boat, what I am trying to say is that it is quite normal to have strong opinions on the governments of other countries.

Well, I'm a dual Canadian/UK citizen, and I say boot her. :D

Here, here. There are many in the commonwealth who think the same, and it is also perfectly legal for a citzen of a commonwealth country to have that opinion:D.

Spycar started a controversial thread deliberately, knowing there would be people here disagreeing. I think he's man enough to cop a few fingers shaken at him, a few "mind your own businesses" and a "you're being silly, try and make a decent argument, why don't you?" He needs a bit of argument now and then to keep him from getting bored between maths threads.

australia-flag.gif

Rosie

Absolutely, and an argument doesn't have to become a fight, either, but can remain a polite debate. Bill and I agree on some things (eg math in general, although not on every little detail), but strongly disagree on certain issues, too. He may be somewhat less than gentle in his tone, but he is not nasty as have some of the now banned members of this forum have been. He appears, in his writing voice here, to be like a couple members of my family who enjoy debating.

Oh I realise I have the legal right to be a rude git and spout fallacies, but socially I tend to get along better if I don't.

Rosie

:lol::lol:

And probably 4th cousins with half of Germany ;) :D

Bill

OK, I'll bite. What are your criteria to determine who is in fact authentically British?

Are you kidding me? I never leave the house without my nice underpants on, in case today's the day I am called to step in for the Queen.

I spend my nights watching "Dave" and "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."

I'm glad you take your responsibility seriously. I haven't up until now. I must start practicing my wave.

OK, I'll bite. What are your criteria to determine who is in fact authentically British?

Depends if you follow the logic and laws of post-enlightenment modern nation-states, or if you subscribe to the archaic values of feudal dynasticism that would categorize human beings in various stations of "nobility" (or ignobility) depending on their "bloodlines."

If it's the former I would not require a long-form birth certificate to accept the fact that the "royal" family is "British." If it is the latter I'd suggest the Prince of Wales is about as Welsh as the King of Siam.

Bill

you betcha!!!

I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.... even if you are a crazy Australian not even on American soil. ;)

heh heh heh....:D

see? we really are crazy. :lol:

just make sure you let me know when you start that thread so i can take the day off........lol....

and of course he started a controversial thread... but what do the rules say about that?

:chillpill::tongue_smilie:

Oh, trust me,, this thread hardly ranks as controversial by Bill's standard;) Stick around awhile and you'll see the rabid discourse of such hot button issues like history and math curriculum. And don't even get us started on shopping carts and crock pots.

And then there's the upcoming 2012 election. That should be a hoot.

Bill knows what buttons to push to keep us on our toes. Keeps us sharp:001_smile:

Trust me, he enjoys the verbal sparring.

Rosie, rock on:D

And pqr, where have you been? You know a good Spycar thread isn't complete without you. I'm sending up the bat signal . . .

Lisa

Our best bet is to pray for the hearts of the people in power to open and use their positions to serve humanity in a righteous way.

Surely, if you were speaking of the royals, you mean to remain open? If you were talking about politicians, it's almost enough to make me pray too. :D

Rosie

If it's the former I would not require a long-form birth certificate to accept the fact that the "royal" family is "British." If it is the latter I'd suggest the Prince of Wales is about as Welsh as the King of Siam.

So being Prince of Wales is no claim to actually being Welsh, but I do think Prince Charles deserves points over the King of Siam seeing both he and Wales exist. Siam is called something else now :tongue_smilie:

Rosie

Oh, trust me,, this thread hardly ranks as controversial by Bill's standard;) Stick around awhile and you'll see the rabid discourse of such hot button issues like history and math curriculum. And don't even get us started on shopping carts and crock pots.

You forgot chicken McNuggets. :D

Bill, you know I <3 you.

So being Prince of Wales is no claim to actually being Welsh, but I do think Prince Charles deserves points over the King of Siam seeing both he and Wales exist. Siam is called something else now :tongue_smilie:

Rosie

I figure if the "Winsors" can change their names from "Saxe-Coburg and Gotha", the Siamese can change the name of their country to Thailand if they want to, and still "exist."

As a point in his favor King Bhumibol Adulyadej didn't need to change his name for sounding "too German" :D

Bill

And probably 4th cousins with half of Germany ;) :D

Bill

:lol::lol: Of course, since Icelanders, who are the most related to each other of any European country I know of, have to go back 10 generations to be related to everyone in their country I suspect that you are using hyperbole here:).

And then there's the upcoming 2012 election. That should be a hoot.

Lisa

However, American politics are a no-no on this forum, which Bill, aka Ishmael, well knows, so I doubt he'll start one of those.

You forgot chicken McNuggets. :D

Bill, you know I <3 you.

Oh, yes! In fact, I was going to throw caution to the wind and reveal that I bought breakfast sandwiches for my kids this morning at Burger King, but thought that too flagrant an attack on Bill's sensibilities. I have limits, you know.

Lisa

Blame Sir Francis Drake :tongue_smilie:

Bill

Between Drake and German sausage, this thread reads like an homage to Blackadder.

Oh, yes! In fact, I was going to throw caution to the wind and reveal that I bought breakfast sandwiches for my kids this morning at Burger King, but thought that too flagrant an attack on Bill's sensibilities. I have limits, you know.

Lisa

Did you know that "Burger King" used to be "König der Bürgers" but it sounded too...well you know :D

Bill

Edited by Spy Car

Blame Sir Francis Drake :tongue_smilie:

Bill

Oh believe me I do. It's horrible what he did here in St. Augustine! He's was a villain, but I was talking a little further back actually. The first King of Asturias' reign began in 718! ;) :)

LOL Black Adder! hehehe:lol:

Bill, it's all because of you, and also because of all the hoopla and hype with the Royal Wedding and all ... that after about 14 years, I'm soon going to re-read The Royals by Kitty Kelley. Pure trash, I know. But I cannot seem to resist. :lol:

If anyone has any good book suggestions, please share.

• 1 year later...
And a better class of "friends". Or some common sense. How many times have pictures of him at a private event ended up in the rags? This time, the nazi uniform....one other I think?

Yes to both the bolded. I'd not be surprised by something like this from a 17-year old. But at 27 it is a bit ridiculous. The man needs to grow up.

And a better class of "friends". Or some common sense. How many times have pictures of him at a private event ended up in the rags? This time, the nazi uniform....one other I think?

There appears to be a decided lack of class in his circles, but I'm not too sure that he brings up the average :D

Bill

It always seems like the one who is not in line for the throne is a bit wild. Even way back, Princess Margaret, then Princess Anne were making not-so-lovely headlines. Then there was Randy Andy.

And this really isn't surprising. They are famous for simply being born. They have a bit of money. And no real outlet.

Yes, he flies helos. But he can't actually go to war because he is the current "spare" to the throne. So, yeah, lots of boredom there. Lots of ways to goof up.

He needs a real job, and real responsibility - just like any other 20-something.

And this really isn't surprising. They are famous for simply being born. They have a bit of money. And no real outlet.

Yes, he flies helos. But he can't actually go to war because he is the current "spare" to the throne. So, yeah, lots of boredom there. Lots of ways to goof up.

He needs a real job, and real responsibility - just like any other 20-something.

:iagree: 100%

Charles wasn't exactly a well behaved OLD man. You know, what w/having affairs, the whole "I wanna be your tampon" thing...

*gack*

Do tell! As a mere American Yank, the tampon thing is not something I've ever heard about! :001_huh:

Good gag, are the Brits really going to let him be king? Can't they just skip over him, you know...like choosing not to invite your craziest relatives to the reunion and then have the party a an undisclosed location?

Where is the vomit smilie when you need it?

Faith

You mean being an alcohol-sodden international playboy isn't a "real job?" :D

Bill

Do tell! As a mere American Yank, the tampon thing is not something I've ever heard about! :001_huh:

Good gag, are the Brits really going to let him be king? Can't they just skip over him, you know...like choosing not to invite your craziest relatives to the reunion and then have the party a an undisclosed location?

Where is the vomit smilie when you need it?

Faith

I can't remember the exact timing, but it was either just before Diana left him or just after, a transcript of a phone call he had w/his then mistress, now wife, Camilla, and he was going on...at one point telling her he wanted to be reincarnated as her tampon. Something like that.

*gag*

I can't remember the exact timing, but it was either just before Diana left him or just after, a transcript of a phone call he had w/his then mistress, now wife, Camilla, and he was going on...at one point telling her he wanted to be reincarnated as her tampon. Something like that.

*gag*

I guess everybody is entitled to their fantasies. :ack2: