Menu

What does being someone's "friend" mean on this board?

I'll say what I said on the other thread on this topic : I send friend requests to people that I enjoy. It gets you the grand prize of being on my profile page! (IOW - it really doesn't mean anything other than an acknowledgment that someone enjoys your posts.)

Now, I'm hurt.

:D

(I'm probably on Jean's ignore list, which means she won't even know!) ;)

I send requests for friends if I enjoy reading their posts or if they have fantastic stuff to sell. It makes it easier to find threads that I know will make me smile or give me a positive feeling, rather than weeding through the ones that might annoy me for one reason or other.

However, I don't always befriend those that I like...because they're already so frequently on the board that it's not difficult to seek them out. lol!

Now, I'm hurt.

:D

(I'm probably on Jean's ignore list, which means she won't even know!) ;)

You are not on my ignore list! And because I don't really pay much attention to the friends thing, I'm afraid that I forget who I've invited and who I haven't! But I'm getting the impression that I have accidentally neglected someone. . . who could it be?:confused: :D

..... Or and visit them and happily eat any peas served to you.

:lol::lol::lol:

Okay, now I know I spend too much time on this board because I knew exactly what you're talking about and I laughed when I read that (both times.)

Nothing much. I friend people new people in my area after shooting them a PM welcoming them. I friended one person who was so insulting to me the thread was taken down (I was at work and missed the whole thing, but got a pm from the person explaining they were "required to apologize" or be banned.:lol:). I friended them because the pm made me laugh so hard! One popular posters, who shall remain nameless, friended me over an act of kindness I did someone else. Let's see.... I don't think I've ever sunk to "pity friending" but I've thought about it.

It was a bit exciting at first, but has petered out a bit. That is why some of the "queens" have so many friends.

You are not on my ignore list! And because I don't really pay much attention to the friends thing, I'm afraid that I forget who I've invited and who I haven't! But I'm getting the impression that I have accidentally neglected someone. . . who could it be?:confused: :D

See this is what I love about Jean on this board. I went to sleep last night fairly sure she wouldn't read my post as passive/aggressive, but in the silly way I meant it...

Thanks Jean! :grouphug:

If you are someones friend you have to listen to them talk about private medical problems in gory detail..... Or and visit them and happily eat any peas served to you.

Yeah, I knew exactly what this is about too.

How about it is someone that when they visit you never serve them peas (or Lima beans)

Thanks guys! I was not expecting quite this response! Made me laugh! ;) Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything... I may have to make some more friends though... our dog could use more walks! :D Although, I would have to weigh that with sharing my gory medical details! :001_huh: