Menu

We now have an endangered species living with us ...

oooooh, how exciting! will you keep them outside? how will you keep the ravens away from them?

questions, questions....

how about bertie (albert_ and scotty? (from scotty's castle, and the man who paid for it....)

or

bessie and bertie (after the johnsons who were the money behind the castle)

enjoy!

ann

These are cool animals. Do you have to provide for them after your deaths? Sorry for the morbid question--I just think it's so interesting that they frequently outlive their caregivers.

I pet sat two of these last summer. The woman had had them most of her life (she was in her thirties) and they had just found out the male was really a female, so they are expecting eggs!

Names--I like ironic names, so something like Flash, or Speedy and Gonzales, or things like that.

They are 9 months old, so we won't know if they are male/female for about 10 to 15 years. We have them inside right now, but we are starting to plan the front yard landscaping so that all the plants are edible and not poisonous.

The names are great, keep them coming.

My dh loved slow and poke... he also thought of door stop and speed bump :D

post-8144-13535084763531_thumb.jpg

post-8144-13535084763531_thumb.jpg

Before I had my human babies, I fostered abandoned and neglected turtles and tortoises. This was back when sulcatas were the pet du jour, and once they outgrew their cuteness and started tearing up the backyard they were brought in. Annoying. Anyhoo, two of my sulcatas were Tank & Kevlar. Those names always seemed fitting to me :)

Our pond turtles all have a theme of being named after royalty. Our indoor turtles are Alistair, Malcolm, & Jeremiah, and I have no clue where the kids came up with those. I go through phases of interest. Turtles and tortoises live so long, it's like naming a kid -- it's got to be good LOL. Right now I'm going through a classic lit phase so I'd probably pick the names of my fave reads: Daisy & Jay. George & Lennie. Winston & Julia. Alec & Angel.

Do any of your personal interests offer anything good to pick from?