Menu

Lets say thank you to homeschool authors who give stuff away for free

Hunter

I want to say thank you to Melisa Neilsen, for sharing these videos with us.

http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?desktop_uri=%2Falittlegardenflower&user=alittlegardenflower&gl=US

Make sure to click on "show more videos"!

What authors do you know who are more concerned with struggling families than making a profit? Which ones go WAY above and beyond to sell their products as cheaply as possible? Which ones are truly humble and have a heart to serve? Who are the best of the best?

I know there are a ton of excellent products with fair prices. This is not the tread for that. This is a thread to praise AUTHORS who go WAY above and beyond. They don't have to have the most excellent product, but a heart, a true heart, to share.

I have watched Melisa for a few months now, and she has truly, truly gone way above and beyond, to minister, truly minister to many struggling families, and I just want to say a public thank you to her.

Who else has been a blessing lately to the homeschool community??? Post their name here and say thank you! :-)

I am close friends with Maggie Hogan of Bright Ideas Press. She just recently gave away a ton of her own personal book-stash as well as some BIP curriculum. She sent me some awesome living history books, tons of laminated maps and...The Ultimate Geography and Timeline Guide! :D That was a surprise. She's the best. :D

I see nothing wrong with being paid for one's efforts, but I do appreciate freebies. Including even sample material or chapters -- that is a big help in deciding if something is appropriate. I appreciated Maria Miller at Math Mammoth's free samples as they helped me decide to purchase. Her email list is nice too.

I think ElizabethB ( on these boards) belongs at the top of the list with her website http://www.thephonicspage.org/ :)

free lessons, articles, links, and much helpful advice on the boards.

I noticed today that Classical Academic Press has some nice freebies with free online games and fun stuff to go with their curriculum, free printable flash cards, free download of an ebook about classical education.

Art Robinson and the author of TWTM have both been so incredibly lenient in copyright restrictions, allowing people to talk uninhibitedly about EVERY word of their curricula, without ever voicing a complaint. And also allowing people to speak uninhibitedly about the products without getting defensive.

Also Mr Robinson has given away a LOT of CDs to people writing to him to ask for scholarships.

I see nothing wrong with being paid for one's efforts, but I do appreciate freebies. Including even sample material or chapters -- that is a big help in deciding if something is appropriate. I appreciated Maria Miller at Math Mammoth's free samples as they helped me decide to purchase. Her email list is nice too.

She also has YouTube videos explaining concepts from her program that are VERY helpful! She's working on more and plans to make some for the lower levels soon. :)

http://classicalhouseoflearning.wordpress.com/

I know she's a WTMer and I am blanking on her username...it's been a long day. Is it "Veritas????" I've just started using this but so far, it's been excellent. She put so much work into this.

THANK YOU!

I came here to post about her program, Veritaserum :) I can't wait to use it next year! Thank you to Susan for your youtube videos. It's so helpful for me to see someone talk about things.

Look at how much of his curriculum, Dr. Robinson has allowed to be posted for free at this website. What a kind man!

http://users.gobigwest.com/rosegate/index.html

I'm not saying authors don't have the right to make a profit. Please don't misunderstand. It's just that, these authors who have chosen to minister to us, deserve to be publicly recognized for their acts of selflessness.

And also there are some of us who don't know about these resources!