Menu

boys are so strange

Ds is my only boy, and I had him after two girls so sometimes he just seems so alien to me. Like every thing he does has sound effects. He'll sniff his own feet and say, mmm! smells good! :001_huh: Just a minute ago, he sat on the arm of a chair, fell off. He got up laughing and said that was awesome!

:lol::lol::lol: Yep. Sounds like all the boys I grew up with too. :) He's so funny. hehehe

I grew up with 5 older brothers..... and two sisters. I am/was a real tomboy! I understand the boys better then the girls....... my son makes perfect sense to me, but my girls are soooo foreign to me sometimes. :tongue_smilie:

me too. Well not the same number of brothers and sisters you had, but I had an older brother and grew up in a neighborhood where I was the only girl so I always played with the boys. I have a really hard time making girl friends. Really hard. I think I kind of overwhelm them a bit with my exuberance and sense of humor not to mention I'm into cars and guitars which not too many girls are so my interests are either boring to them or they have nothing to contribute to the conversation since it's not their thing. But I always fall in so easy with boys and it's so easy to connect and joke around, but now that I'm married, i can't really do that anymore.

Edited by Ibbygirl

I grew up with 5 older brothers..... and two sisters. I am/was a real tomboy! I understand the boys better then the girls....... my son makes perfect sense to me, but my girls are soooo foreign to me sometimes. :tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol::lol: Yep. Sounds like all the boys I grew up with too. :) He's so funny. hehehe

me too. Well not the same number of brothers and sisters you had, but I had an older brother and grew up in a neighborhood where I was the only girl so I always played with the boys. I have a really hard time making girl friends. Really hard. I think I kind of overwhelm them a bit with my exuberance and sense of humor not to mention I'm into cars and guitars which not too many girls are so my interests are either boring to them or they have nothing to contribute to the conversation since it's not their thing. But I always fall in so easy with boys and it's so easy to connect and joke around, but now that I'm married, i can't really do that anymore.

:iagree: I don't have any brothers, but all of my friends (except 2) in high school were boys.

I once went on a girls night out event and in a van full of women we were trying to play a fun game. In my exuberance I said we should all point out our favorite cars (we were in a ritzy part of town). My suggestion was met with deadly silence. :lol:

I love the sounds of boys, life should have a soundtrack. :D

Oldest sister with three brothers here... and three sons! You are quite correct, life does come with a sound track. I wouldn't have it any other way most of the time! Life is certainly never boring.

I still become a bit perturbed over the class clown bodily function humor that apparently boomerangs constantly in my oldest son's head however. It is my belief that we mothers are charged with the task of civilizing the barbarians that are our sons.

They may be strange, but, frankly, I think girls are stranger.

:iagree: And at our house, life not only comes with a soundtrack, but a dance track. Everything has a different dance. We have a blast!

Oh, and ds swears his feet smell like bacon. They really don't. Really. :glare:

I once went on a girls night out event and in a van full of women we were trying to play a fun game. In my exuberance I said we should all point out our favorite cars (we were in a ritzy part of town). My suggestion was met with deadly silence.

:lol: That sounds like something that would happen to me. Or worse, the topic would turn to music and I'd start talking about the absolute virtuosity of Joe Satriani and how I think he is the greatest guitarist alive today and I'd get the deer and headlights stare and hear the crickets. Most of them have never even heard of Joe Satriani. Which is a real shame. He's a genius. sniff. I love Satch. :001_wub:

I love the sounds of boys, life should have a soundtrack.

hahahahaha I always tell my dh that when we're watching those ridiculous teen angst type movies and there is always the scene where someone is walking in slow motion and some song is playing. Not to mention the kissing scenes. :lol:

If my life were to have a soundtrack, it would have to be Joe Satriani's Crystal Planet. lol I play that album almost constantly. I've had it for years, but can never go too long without hearing it again.

:iagree: And at our house, life not only comes with a soundtrack, but a dance track. Everything has a different dance. We have a blast!

That's awesome! :D

Oh, and ds swears his feet smell like bacon. They really don't. Really. :glare:

hahahahahahahahaha :lol: This reminds me of that game we used to play in school where you tell someone that if they rub the palm of their hand for a long time it will smell like peanut butter. So they rub and rub and rub and when they go to smell the palm of their hand you pop it (gently) into their nose. :lol:

LOL There's a little guy in an afternoon martial arts class...we just crack up over him. He cannot throw one air punch, or one kick, or do one jumping jack without throwing himself on the floor, rolling over and jumping back up at attention. We have to stifle our hysteria. He's so freaking adorable, and takes one's mind off the push ups and stomach crunches. He's the best thing about that class. None of the little girls in the class do any such thing...they all sort of roll their eyes at him. We love it. LOL

That sounds like something that would happen to me. Or worse, the topic would turn to music and I'd start talking about the absolute virtuosity of Joe Satriani and how I think he is the greatest guitarist alive today and I'd get the deer and headlights stare and hear the crickets. Most of them have never even heard of Joe Satriani. Which is a real shame. He's a genius. sniff. I love Satch. :001_wub:

Ibbygirl, I :001_wub: Satriani! :001_smile: He's an amazing guitarist!

I can totally relate. I have three little sisters, then my husband and I had 3 daughters. Then we had 2 boys expecting our third son now. I am always amazed, every day the boys do something that leaves me scratching my head. My youngest just finished licking the table up and down :confused:

Ds is my only boy, and I had him after two girls so sometimes he just seems so alien to me. Like every thing he does has sound effects. He'll sniff his own feet and say, mmm! smells good! :001_huh: Just a minute ago, he sat on the arm of a chair, fell off. He got up laughing and said that was awesome!

And? :D

Bill

LOL There's a little guy in an afternoon martial arts class...we just crack up over him. He cannot throw one air punch, or one kick, or do one jumping jack without throwing himself on the floor, rolling over and jumping back up at attention. We have to stifle our hysteria. He's so freaking adorable, and takes one's mind off the push ups and stomach crunches. He's the best thing about that class. None of the little girls in the class do any such thing...they all sort of roll their eyes at him. We love it. LOL

LOL That's what is so funny about boys. They're just so goofy and adorable and will do anything for a laugh. They're like natural-born comedians. I wish I could see that kid in action. I can almost picture it in my mind. hehehe :lol::lol:

Ibbygirl, I :001_wub: Satriani! :001_smile: He's an amazing guitarist!

Awww bless you!! :grouphug: You understand. Do you want to be my best friend?? ;):tongue_smilie: :D hehehe

Yup, that's my boys. And then they'd spend the next 20 minutes climbing back on the arm of the chair and falling off again. Then they'd fall off onto each other. They crack me up! :lol:

I grew up in a house with all sisters. My two boys fascinate me. The noise, the poking, prodding, exuberance and competitiveness are all fascinating to me. I have rules I never imagined creating such as - You cannot walk on the deck railing (which is two stories off the ground), you cannot throw a ball through said railing in hopes the dog will leap off the deck to chase it and please don't jump up and try to bang your hands on every door frame in the house.

Then there are moments such as the other day when we were going through some books. They campaigned to keep a couple of Eyewitness Books on sharks, trains and knights. I said "oh do you read those often" while mentally priding myself on having studious boys. One of them answered, "no, but they make awesome ramps when we build skate parks for our finger boards." :glare:

Fascinating I tell you.

I'm glad I had a boy. They make perfect sense to me. Even my homemaking, baby-loving, quilting, knitting, gardening, opera-loving antique-collecting mother was a mountain-climber with fierce eyebrows, whom I once saw, at about age 72, take on a huge barking, snarling, snapping over-100 lb dog with a simple broom, an aggressive advance and a great deal of shouting. Shoved him right back into his yard and shut the door. Yup, boys make sense.