Menu

You know what it's time for? Mid-winter Cyber Happy Hour!! Get in here!

This has been a awful week. Sick DH, sick kiddo and sick me! WAH! I am still not feeling up to par so I am going to keep it simple and serve:

Mushroom and cream cheese dip (Saute mushrooms and some garlic in butter. Add 8 oz. cream cheese and melt together w/the mushrooms.) served w/ crackers.

Cream soda.

Who's next?

Well, I've still got shipping work to do and I've got to highlight dd's hair tonight. But I'll join in, anyway, because who am I kidding? I've got a bottle of cheap but enjoyable Cabernet and some great smoked provolone, a jar of kalamatas and some flatbread crackers to share. :)

Not a horrible week, but since today is National Drink Wine Day I feel compelled to participate! I'm having a nice glass of cab, and I'm sure another will follow shortly.

I MUST know...is there anything more to that dip? It sounds great! How many mushrooms do you use? Now I want some.

I will have to join in on National Drink Wine Day...and we had Bagel Bites for dinner :tongue_smilie:! (It's been a rough a week and dh cooked:001_huh:)

Well, Bud grilled out tonight, so if anyone wants steak and stuffed potatoes.....................and sorry, but I just emptied the rum bottle.

I'll buy you another if you come to the party!!!!!

I will have to join in on National Drink Wine Day...and we had Bagel Bites for dinner :tongue_smilie:! (It's been a rough a week and dh cooked:001_huh:)

I'm pouring another glass. In honor of the day and all . . .

Not a horrible week, but since today is National Drink Wine Day I feel compelled to participate! I'm having a nice glass of cab, and I'm sure another will follow shortly.

I MUST know...is there anything more to that dip? It sounds great! How many mushrooms do you use? Now I want some.

Have to say that I just made the mushroom dip (with a little white wine added to the butter/mushroom/garlic sautee) ...yum!

Wine glass #2 + crackers and dip = Very Happy Hour!

I'm sorry -- some 15 yo beast grabbed my laptop during our happy hour! :glare: :tongue_smilie:

But it looks like you worked it out just fine. I usually buy a package of baby bella mushrooms which is about 8 oz. But I also have used more mushrooms than that and it is still fine.

It is one of those recipes that taste like so much more than just the ingredient list.

I'm glad you like it!

Not a horrible week, but since today is National Drink Wine Day I feel compelled to participate!

What?! How is it possible that I did not know this? :001_huh:

Opening a bottle of shiraz now and digging some provolone out of the fridge. Cheers, y'all! :cheers2: (we need a wine emoticon)

Yes, a hot tub.

Not palm trees, PINE trees. Off the deck, which has an outdoor fireplace. :001_smile:

Now that's more my style. Count me in!

(Not that I wouldn't have gone to where all the palm trees grow, but it just seems more realistic with the pine trees - like maybe, just maybe...:D)

We could still have a cabana boy to serve the treats - he might just be a little cold.

I'm sorry -- some 15 yo beast grabbed my laptop during our happy hour! :glare: :tongue_smilie:

But it looks like you worked it out just fine. I usually buy a package of baby bella mushrooms which is about 8 oz. But I also have used more mushrooms than that and it is still fine.

It is one of those recipes that taste like so much more than just the ingredient list.

I'm glad you like it!

And I used baby bellas! It was meant to be. :D

Now that's more my style. Count me in!

(Not that I wouldn't have gone to where all the palm trees grow, but it just seems more realistic with the pine trees - like maybe, just maybe...:D)

We could still have a cabana boy to serve the treats - he might just be a little cold.

Now you're talkin'!!!! I could deal with the pine trees, hot tub and snow IF there were a cabana boy to serve us our food/drinks!!!!! NICE!!!

Well, we had fried calamari, salmon, shrimp, dh had lobster, baked potato and key lime pie.( we don't eat meat on Fridays) Washed down with TWO pina coladas for me and one Sam Adams for dh....but it's our anniversary, so we went out for date night!!

What the heck, the kids are in bed, where's the wine.

Cheers!:cheers2:

Kim