Menu

Any one stalking the mailman?

mommy4ever

I am waiting for 3 Amazon packages today.

Games - GeoDice, The Dinosaur Game, and GeoCards USA

Books: The Complete Book of US History, Struggle for a Continent: The French and Indian Wars, Ed Emberley's Complete Funprint Drawing Book

I just found out we're getting an a huge tax return. Although DH is trying to pay off some mortgage so he can quit his travelling job, I hope that we can get a Keekaroo chair and a 4x6 (or bigger) magnetic dry erase board.

I really have to stay away from Amazon and Ebay! After recieving my books last week I went and ordered more, a couple field guides for fossils and rocks (for my little paleontologist). I also finally broke down and purchased SOTW 1 used from Ebay for $5. We are very secular, and I wasn't sure if I could deal with the Christian tone of the book. USPS tracking say's that all of them arrived in town today so, hopefully they will be on my porch by end of the day!

Got our computer... :hurray:. Just in the nick of time too. My old one died the very next day. I was so thankful I had a back=up hard drive.

Now I am anxiously awaiting books too. Really looking forward to getting our Apologia Astronomy Notebook and A Living History of Our World journal. (from a wonderful mama here on the board :)) Why does it feel like Christmas. :lol:

YES! I ordered 3 eyepieces for my telescope on the 16th and they are not here yet!!!! :confused:

Our Messier Marathon is next weekend (an all-night search for all 110 of the deep-sky objects Charles Messier charted), and I ordered them for the marathon! They have an 82 degree field of view. :D

...I hope the clouds go away :glare:

YES! I ordered 3 eyepieces for my telescope on the 16th and they are not here yet!!!! :confused:

Our Messier Marathon is next weekend (an all-night search for all 110 of the deep-sky objects Charles Messier charted), and I ordered them for the marathon! They have an 82 degree field of view. :D

...I hope the clouds go away :glare:

LOL! I didn't look to see how old the thread was... :lol:

Jean, I keep adding to it, because I'm still waiting on a lot of books :lol:

I just called about my eyepieces. I knew one was on backorder...but now I found out 2 of them are on backorder. :( The other didn't get sent out!!! But he said his son was in the hospital all week--this is a small business run by one man, if I understand it right. For all I know, it could be run out of the back of his garage. LOL! Well, such is life. It is probably we won't have enough clear sky to have a Messier Marathon this weekend anyway.

:sad:

I went back through TWTM and found a half dozen more books I need to order, I'm still waiting on Singapore and Memoria Press.... I'm so glad we still have months :lol:

I don't know of anything I need to buy for school next year. I'll buy my friend's Physics book since she is done with it and is selling it--so I won't be able to borrow it this time around. :lol:

But my "baby" will be done, probably in December. I'm almost to the end of this journey!

Should I laugh or cry? Maybe both.

:) Jean ):

I ordered some Abeka off of Homeschooled Classifieds last week. Two books are here but several more are enroute.

And I was shocked that the AAS order I placed late Friday was here today! I'm VERY impressed and can't wait to get started with it.

I don't know of anything I need to buy for school next year. I'll buy my friend's Physics book since she is done with it and is selling it--so I won't be able to borrow it this time around. :lol:

But my "baby" will be done, probably in December. I'm almost to the end of this journey!

Should I laugh or cry? Maybe both.

:) Jean ):

We're starting high school with dd, ds is moving into Logic stage/middle school, and my youngest will be "officially" in K. I'm right in the thick of it and I think you should laugh and cry. You survived this (I really don't think humans were meant to stress THIS much :lol:), and you're going to miss it. I mean, what in the world are you going to do?!? So, laugh in memory of all the people that questioned your sanity and cry a little that now you have to turn in the jumpers and be a normal mom... :grouphug:

Congratulations :D :party:

We're starting high school with dd, ds is moving into Logic stage/middle school, and my youngest will be "officially" in K. I'm right in the thick of it and I think you should laugh and cry. You survived this (I really don't think humans were meant to stress THIS much :lol:), and you're going to miss it. I mean, what in the world are you going to do?!? So, laugh in memory of all the people that questioned your sanity and cry a little that now you have to turn in the jumpers and be a normal mom... :grouphug:

Congratulations :D :party:

"Turned in the jumpers..." :lol:

In some ways I am soooooo ready to be done. But the idea that they might all grow up and move away is soooooo scary!

My married dd lives 2 hours away. My college kid is commuting from home (he could use prayers this moment for his Calculus II test). My youngest is going to look at colleges this spring...whose knows where.

Now...I'll just have to wait for the grandchildren. :)

"Turned in the jumpers..." :lol:

In some ways I am soooooo ready to be done. But the idea that they might all grow up and move away is soooooo scary!

My married dd lives 2 hours away. My college kid is commuting from home (he could use prayers this moment for his Calculus II test). My youngest is going to look at colleges this spring...whose knows where.

Now...I'll just have to wait for the grandchildren. :)

:lol:

Ohmygosh, I just ordered a Keekaroo chair with the brown seat cushion. We just got our tax refund, so that was a big splurge.

The next three days I'll be getting packages from Amazon, Singapore, Growing With Grammar.

pdalley, I love ordering from AAS, the shipping is always very fast. :)

Memoria Press (Logic II, First Form Latin) is at the post office and Singapore (K-B and 5a) are coming tomorrow :D

I've ordered all the other history, biology, music and art texts I needed :lol:

Dh is starting to think college will be cheap. Poor deluded man.

ETA, still need to get Grammar, Algebra II and........ oh there's probably tons more :p

I finally placed some orders on Friday and thankfully at least one will show up tomorrow! I also managed to win a contest on facebook last week (!!) and that box should be here soon, too.

What I really can't wait for, though, is the beautiful dSLR for which I just clicked 'buy' on amazon. :drool5: How will I wait two more days?!? Worse, I wasn't really supposed to get it until after Greenville and paying off a few things, so I'm going to be good and not use it until then. (Bought it because the one I wanted is being phased out and I was afraid it'd be gone by then.)

MIL send me an email today letting me know she got me a package off my Walmart baby registry. So I guess registering wasn't completely pointless after all. We should be getting a package as soon as the end of this week. On the one hand, I hope it gets here before the baby and includes receiving blankets. On the other, I hope the baby gets here before we expect that package!

MIL send me an email today letting me know she got me a package off my Walmart baby registry. So I guess registering wasn't completely pointless after all. We should be getting a package as soon as the end of this week. On the one hand, I hope it gets here before the baby and includes receiving blankets. On the other, I hope the baby gets here before we expect that package!

My sil was officially 'full term' last Wednesday. My brother and she have been practically homebound ever since :p This is their second (and first home birth) and they're climbing the walls :D

I've been sending the kids to the door to check for packages every day! We will be starting 1st grade for my DD soon, since we live where it's hot...I thought we would start school early to take more time off in the winter. However, I am not doing anything super structured, still want them outside for now and reading reading reading. Art books & Nature journal book should be here soon!

I am but not for curricula! I orderd new glasses from Zenni Optical and they are taking FOREVER to get here. Lucky me, I have a - special - prescription that took longer to manufacture. :glare:

Really need those bifocals. Wearing readers on top of glasses looks quite silly.

I'm back to stalking the mailman!!! Ordered Mcruffy science. I have been unhappy with everything else! Either it's all about writing and lapbooking, or about experiments with supplies I don't have or can't find! So this seems to fit the bill..... Just waiting on it now..lol

Still waiting...of course. I did get an invoice for shipping, which is good. I also have laminator pockets coming. I am nearly out! Got a great deal!

Think McRuffy and the laminator pockets are it..

OH, and a reimbursement check :) That will be nice!