Menu

Any one stalking the mailman?

mommy4ever

I have a few packages expected here soon. The one I'm most excited about is the CLE LA. I got the first level, even though dd is more likely 1/2 way though it. I'll start when our school year is done, so that she has her 'workbooks' for summer and it will give her a solid review of this year.

K is doing so good. Last April, she wasn't reading yet. She could do copywork, but couldn't read it at all. Now she is reading small chapter books, the Magic Pony, Rainbow Fairy, Magic Treehouse.

I'm holding off any more purchases until May... but I'm so excited for this one!

Well, there is the package from Jelly Belly :lol:

I just ordered some of the stuff we need for the upcoming year, I have about half left to order and even though I did it today, I'm ready to start tracking packages :D

Most anticipated are........ The Annotated Mona Lisa and Lifepac art, both are for dd.

ETA, congrats on the new reader/writer :party: I think teaching my youngest to read has been one of the pinacles of my parenting life.

I'm waiting for some books from Amazon.de (German Amazon), and from Barnes and Noble.

I need the Amazon.de shipment for our current Africa study, and for planning German LA for next year.

The BN shipment has some US History read-alouds, and a workbook I'm planning to use now for some light English LA stuff.

I got so excited when I peeked out the door yesterday and there was an Amazon package on the front porch! I ordered on Friday so that was quick for free shipping. Only problem it was only 1 book of 7. I checked Amazon today to see when the others will arrive.... 10 days! They were all ordered at the same time all shipped from Amazon. So yes, I am "stalking" my mail carrier, but to no avail.

Edited by foxbridgeacademy
bad spelling

not today, but I was stalking both the USPS man and the UPS man yesterday. I've finally decided that a foreign language was a priority and was eagerly awaiting my Song School Latin and Greek Alphabet Code Cracker. I plan to do Latin for the next few years but wanted something really fun and simple to start out with even though my kids are much older than the recommended age. The Greek book was mostly a just for fun thing though.

Me too! Me too! If I lean *just so*, I can see the mail box from my dining room window. And I have found myself leaning *just so* quite a bit the last few weeks! DH and I are on the hunt for ToG books...doing it as used as possible, so we have lots of little and some not so little orders out. Thriftbooks.com is fun because they typically send out each book on its own...so the expectation lasts that much longer!

Me Me! I think it is the only thing that gets me through February as we wait for spring and can get out of hibernation. The real problem is that when I buy great stuff for next year and it comes, I want to dive right in. This year I was super excited about my "homemade" US history plans, and now I can't wait till next year when we do our "homemade Science". I try to only have one major subject that I pull together without a curriculum at a time, and use curriculum for the rest.

Oh and my other problem is that I am going to the Convention in VA in March and I am sure to see other things I just can't live without, so I better get out of this slump soon. :D

Yes! Me too. Dh said something along the lines of, 'doesn't take much to make you happy' as he watched me get all giddy when the UPS truck pulled into our driveway. I told him if the electrician thing doesn't work out maybe he should consider being a delivery driver.;) :lol:

I found out today, that I can't stalk the mailman...he's figured me out!

He's no longer delivering at set times. I think it's some one new :( Or various subs.

I had mail delivered TODAY..... Canada Post doesn't do residential delivery on Saturdays. I none yesterday, which leads me to suspect, we don't have a regular carrier at the moment. It has been sporadic for a few weeks.

Hate having to watch ALL day now :tongue_smilie: It was nice when you know you get your mail between 11:30 and 12:15:lol:

Yes! Me too. Dh said something along the lines of, 'doesn't take much to make you happy' as he watched me get all giddy when the UPS truck pulled into our driveway. I told him if the electrician thing doesn't work out maybe he should consider being a delivery driver.;) :lol:

LOL Love a guy in uniform!!

Kim

Yes!

Just got my packages from Lampstand Press and Bookshelf Central for our TOG 1-4 yesterday. (We had to consolidate MFW CTG so we can be ready for TOG yr 2 next year- they start at different times).

And the Amazon man comes almost daily. :)

I love book days! Of course, I have to work (I'm an ER nurse) today, have church and stuff all day tomorrow and then I'm having a hysterectomy on Monday. So I won't be able to dig in to my goodies until next week sometime.

I got so excited when I peeked out the door yesterday and there was an Amazon package on the front porch! I ordered on Friday so that was quick for free shipping. Only problem it was only 1 book of 7. I checked Amazon today to see when the others will arrive.... 10 days! They were all ordered at the same time all shipped from Amazon. So yes, I am "stalking" my mail carrier, but to no avail.

I love Amazon! So 10 days turned into like 2 days, all but 1 of my books showed up today! Only waiting on Minimus, which is just for fun. I am done stalking the mailman... of course I have several more books waiting in my Amazon basket;).

My CLE LA came today... or rather dd7 CLE..lol.

And it is perfect! It starts right where we are now. We did good in picking it out :) She is at a movie with her daddy and sister right now. Dh has the day off, so they went to see the Justin Beiber, I'm sure dh is so thrilled :tongue_smilie:

My French came today, and the Magic School Bus came yesterday. As well as the replacement cd's I've been waiting for for nearly 4months. I'm not pleased, I know I'll not be ordering from that place anytime soon.

So all my packages are here, I can quit stalking for awhile..lol

I'm stalking the UPS man once again. I got one of my books this morning, but the other 4 are in UPS limbo. The UPS site says "Out for Delivery" but I've seen nothing yet.

I want my FLL stuff, to quote someone from this board (sorry don't remember who)

Where for art thou man in brown?

We got 8 boxes from amazon today :) Lots of educational and fun reading books, president puzzle, coloring books (states, presidents), Now I'm Reading books, Evan Moor writing, poetry and reading comp books and some science kits! We're having so much fun going through it all.

I'm waiting on an order from rainbow resource and an order from Abeka! Hoping they arrive soon!

Edited by Home Grown Hearts

Stalking UPS man, not for books though. I was in need of a new computer because mine has had it, but it just wasn't in our budget. Well, DH gets an email from his brother on Monday, it is a shipping notice for computer parts. My Brother-in-law bought us all of the parts for us to build a new computer! :w00t: What a blessing!! They should be here tomorrow. I know what DH is doing this weekend! :party:

I just ordered Lials Intro Algebra and People Places and Principles of America for dd. Can't wait to get them and take a look in person! I am especially interested in the Lials book. We had a great year last year with Saxon but this year is just bombing out!