Menu

If you could spare a prayer for me and my dd9

We're about to head to the dentist in 10 minutes. She has severe dental anxiety. She's been given her tranquilizer (Diazapam). I've promised her that I would stay in the room with her quietly. I had trouble with this at this pediatric dentist's office in the past. Dh had to intervene last time - they gave him no trouble while I was labeled an overprotective mother.:glare: Anyway - I've geared up my inner Remudamom but I hope I don't have to let her out.

Update: Thank you everyone. It is over and went ok. I got some looks when I first went in and sat down but I did my best imitation of a nonthreatening but immovable rock and no one said anything. So I didn't have to go Remudamom all over them And RC, one of these days you're going to find out that I'm scary - really scary, when I get mad!

They gave her nitrous on top of the diazapam and while there were a couple times when I thought she was going to lose it, she didn't this time. Considering that it took us 4 visits last time to get 2 teeth filled, this was a miracle!

Edited by Jean in Newcastle

:grouphug::grouphug: and prayers.

PS I can see you having an inner Remudamom. But for the life of me, I can't imagine you letting her out. You are just too sweet. Don't hit me; I mean that in a good way! Go ahead. Do it. Make sure someone is around to take video so you can post it!

Edited by RoughCollie

Thank you everyone. It is over and went ok. I got some looks when I first went in and sat down but I did my best imitation of a nonthreatening but immovable rock and no one said anything. So I didn't have to go Remudamom all over them;) And RC, one of these days you're going to find out that I'm scary - really scary, when I get mad!

They gave her nitrous on top of the diazapam and while there were a couple times when I thought she was going to lose it, she didn't this time. Considering that it took us 4 visits last time to get 2 teeth filled, this was a miracle!

I'm so glad that everything went well. Now spoil your sweet DD for the rest of the day!

PS I'm not scared of anybody. But everybody is scared of me!

She's wrapped in a pink fuzzy blanket, hugging her stuffed dog "Cucumber" and sipping on a chocolate shake while watching a kid's movie. Is that spoiled enough?:001_smile:

P.S. You don't scare me!

Is that valium? Dd got her wisdom teeth out recently. She had quite a bit of anxiety over that beforehand. The dentist got us a script for one tablet (5 mg.). I have her a half one-half an hour before leaving. She was giddy on the way over and could have cared less where we were going!!

Is that valium? Dd got her wisdom teeth out recently. She had quite a bit of anxiety over that beforehand. The dentist got us a script for one tablet (5 mg.). I have her a half one-half an hour before leaving. She was giddy on the way over and could have cared less where we were going!!

Yes it is valium. She had a full pill but it didn't really kick in noticeably this time. Last time she was walking like a drunk, which she thought was hilarious:lol: (It didn't keep her from flipping out once she was in the chair, though.) I think the fact that she was older this time and had done it once before and survived had a big part in her being able to handle it better this time.

Glad it went well. I cannot understand why docs and dentists have an issue with parents in the room. I always went in with my ds (who never had any anxiety issues) up to about 14 years or so. I wanted to know what they were telling him and what the diagnosis was, right there and then.

Our dentist and ortho actually have told me several times to look at something they were pointing out so we could better understand what the dentist was speaking about.