Menu

What is in your school room?

I love the school room pic threads... I've never posted before. Today? Can't resist... Do you have one of these in your school room?

(Works well as a table, don't you think?) :lol:

It's supposed to go out in the spa house once the weather warms up just a bit, so it won't stay here forever.

post-5801-13535084421893_thumb.jpg

post-5801-13535084421893_thumb.jpg

What's in my school room? Maybe a better question is "What's your school room in?" Our school room is the living room, mostly. With occasional adventures to the dining room, where the computer, and my husband's "home office" is. We live in a townhouse, so space is limited. God willing, we'll be able to move into an actual, single family, detached house with at least 5 bedrooms by December then we might actually have a 'school room'.

Have to say, that when I read your post of "it's supposed to go in the spa house" I thought the picture was going to be of a jacuzzi! :^)

Oh, my -

We have a tv, a dvd player, bookshelf, wall to wall office type desks, cupboards with everything "school" in them, a tank with three fire bellied toads, a sleeper sofa, two computers and associated computer gadgets, microscope.... I think that's about it....

I don't even HAVE a school room. Our schoolwork is either done: in the kitchen at the table (said room containing all the normal things typically found in a kitchen :P)

or

In the "computer room" (I guess you could call it), which contains my computer desk/computer, a china cabinet I've converted into a school and art supply cabinet, two bookcases, a loveseat, a big tote full of craft supplies, our vacuum cleaner, and a large saltwater fish tank.

or occasionally on the living room couch, or at the patio table in the backyard if it's a particularly nice day.

What's in my school room? Maybe a better question is "What's your school room in?" Our school room is the living room, mostly. With occasional adventures to the dining room, where the computer, and my husband's "home office" is. We live in a townhouse, so space is limited. God willing, we'll be able to move into an actual, single family, detached house with at least 5 bedrooms by December then we might actually have a 'school room'.

Have to say, that when I read your post of "it's supposed to go in the spa house" I thought the picture was going to be of a jacuzzi! :^)

Our family room has all of our school books, and I like it in there because it is nice and cozy with a couch, a loveseat, and the inviting fireplace. It's not a dedicated school room.

The jacuzzi *is* in the spa house. Dh thinks this will fit, too. I'm thinking there won't be room for people once they are both in there.

5 bedrooms??? :drool: My that would be nice...

LOL! If I had one of those in my school room (it wouldn't even fit in our current school room), it would have been piled so high with books it would have been unusable for any other purpose.

Our current school room is tiny. There is a desk and chair, a large bookcase and a smaller bookcase. A three-drawer chest, an overstuffed chair with ottoman, a school desk, and a padded bench. And believe me, that's about three pieces of furniture too much!

I threw everything in there last minute in order to be able to get school started on time. I had decided mid-summer to switch the boys rooms around with my old school room. There's still work to be done on the room but it will have to wait until this upcoming summer!

Our family room has all of our school books, and I like it in there because it is nice and cozy with a couch, a loveseat, and the inviting fireplace. It's not a dedicated school room.

The jacuzzi *is* in the spa house. Dh thinks this will fit, too. I'm thinking there won't be room for people once they are both in there.

5 bedrooms??? :drool: My that would be nice...

I have a 5 bedroom house but still no school room (and I'm sitting here thinking "a jacuzzi? a spa house? THAT would be nice!!!) LOL.

My son would LOVE for that to be in our school room! Although, the room wouldn't be big enough.

Right now in my school room, I have a huge mess! Stuff is piled and/or scattered everywhere. We're in the process of purging and moving the room to brighter room of the house. We've been doing school at the kitchen table or on the couch lately. Why I didn't decide to wait until summer to do this, I have no idea...

My son would be levitating papers during school and flying them across the table.

In our classroom right now is not much. Most of our stuff is still in storage and I really *need* the rest of my books and the bookcases and my big red stuffed chair.

Right now I have two desks, a pile of books in crates, and a printer propped up on a storage box.

We have one of those pool tables. Ours is warped and it came with the house. The guy put a 5' x 9' piece of formica on the top of it to make a huge table. The formica can be lifted off (takes 2 people) to play pool. I love this table.

I remember having a holiday dinner at some relatives' house where they put a board or something over the pool table and we used it as a table.

Our school room is what you would consider the "dining room". It's 100% converted into an elementary classroom.

We have a little preschool table with 2 chairs. 1 desk for my dd7. 1 desk for my dh and I with the computer and printers on it. We have stacking cubbies where we store our books and supplies. We also have a shelving unit that holds our workboxes. We also have an old bakers rack that I use to store our collapsible tubs on with supplies and other items on. Plus we have a rubbermaid tub for all our misc. crafting supplies. Plus we have a tall set of 10 drawers that store all our teaching tools (links, counting bears, clocks, file folder games..ect) Oh and we can't forget our flag with flag pole! The room has maps, border, posters, calender time board as well as an elementary calendar I got at OTC :)

Our living room has our "classroom library" bookcase in it. Because our "classroom" is maxed out for space! lol

If you look closely at the picture in my sig line, you'll notice a pool table to the right. I was supposed to have two large tables there. Excellent bargainer that my Dh is (he is a merchandiser by trade), he got the previous owners to throw in the pool table when we bought the house.:001_huh: We've played it one evening. The rest of the time it is my paper/book/stacks of whatever dumping ground.

Project in progress:

It's a loft bed from ana-white.com for my 17 year old. I've been taking forever with this thing as it needs to come apart (The original plan did not allow this.) and he wanted it stained instead of painted, so it needs to have as near to perfect cuts as possible.

It's all done but the ladder (in progress, and should be finished today).

I don't have a "school room." We have a room with lots of shelves for all our books but it also has the piano, one chair my husband found on the side of the road and reupholstered (it is a nice chair), the dog's little crate, the fish, and a plant we have no space for anywhere else. It also tends to be the "drop all" room for anything else that doesn't have a place or hasn't made it to where it belongs. Dd and I lay on the floor to do her schoolwork.

Project in progress:

[ATTACH]4355[/ATTACH][ATTACH]4356[/ATTACH]

It's a loft bed from ana-white.com for my 17 year old. I've been taking forever with this thing as it needs to come apart (The original plan did not allow this.) and he wanted it stained instead of painted, so it needs to have as near to perfect cuts as possible.

It's all done but the ladder (in progress, and should be finished today).

Gorgeous dog, by the way.

My school room is either the dining room, my bedroom floor, or my 3.5' x 4' closet :)

The closet has a desk, small bookcase that is propped on one corner of the desk and leaning against the wall, paper, pencils, pens, ruler, calculator, etc. and lots of top storage space (shelves around whole closet on top)

The dining room has the big bookcase with all school-related books that aren't be using this year/this term and art supplies.

My room has everything else.

Our dining table, a microwave cart loaded w/ cookbooks on which sits a globe, a pile of papers, and a basket w/ sharpies, highlighters, and other assorted stuff. A small desk w/ a computer and printer- piled up w/ papers, and a tall, avacado green piano which serves as a kind of easel to hold our white boards. I don't have a school room.

My kids would LOVE an air hockey table!

What's a spa room?

We don't have a school room, but a former play room does double duty as a "study." It holds a couple of bookshelves and a desk with a bench, a "reading" chair, a wooden toy kitchen, and all of the toddler's toys. I like that we can all go in there and close the door (with glass panels so we can see into the rest of the house) and I don't have to worry what the toddler is getting into while trying to do a math lesson with one child, supervise another doing his Latin, and listening to a third child read me a story. My favorite thing about the room is three large windows that look out onto our backyard and a pasture -- lots of light and a fabulous view (except for now when all I see is 3 feet of snow).