Menu

Am I the only one who enjoys

One of my biggests resentments of DH occurred when I had just had a baby and he got to shovel ALL DAY while I was stuck inside with the baby.

I love shoveling. Maybe if we got more than 2 or 3 decent snowstorms a year I'd change my mind. But for those 2 or 3 days of shoveling...I love it!

shovelling?

It's just so peaceful and the snow is pretty! I love the exercise and the fresh air!

I am not so much one to enjoy shoveling snow but I do find shoveling poop from the horses quite relaxing. In the morning after I feed and water the horses I will often see the sunrise over the trees while I am scooping poop. It is just so nice and peaceful and quiet out there early in the morning.

Glad I'm not the only odd one! And we do only get a few major storms a year and it the light easy to shovel stuff! Plus, I'm out of the house with a little break from the kids- they were driving me a bit batty at dinner so I left hubby with kitchen duty and I did the shoveling- I felt much better after I was done!

I like doing it when it isn't too terribly cold outside. I havn't done it since last winter when I tried to surprise dh by running the snow blower while he was at work. Yeah, I didn't take my antihistamine prior to going out and didn't have on enough clothing. I ended up in the ER with the worst case of cold urticaria yet.

So now, I go from the warm house to the warm car to the warm building with very little time outside.

shovelling?

It's just so peaceful and the snow is pretty! I love the exercise and the fresh air!

We had 3 wet inches a couple weeks back, and the snow would turn to rain and it would all be melted by morning, but then, about 10 pm, it was not too cold and the snow still snow, and I went out and shoveled while kiddo made a snowman. In the morning, all of it was gone, but the slight nip, the warm cheeks, the flinging snow, the shaking of trees on the unsuspecting person underneath filled our cul-de-sac with laughter.

Love it as well. It's doesn't happen all the time here, so it's a bit of a novelty right now. We got 8 inches of snow yesterday. I shoveled yesterday afternoon. Dh and I shoveled again at 9:00 last night after the kids were in bed. We called it our "shoveling date". Shoveling burns almost 400 calories per hour.

It depends. If it's warmer out, like in the 20s at least, and the sun is shining, and it's the powdery snow and not the wet, heavy stuff... then yeah, shoveling isn't so bad.

But today I had to shovel snow and it was 0 degrees and the snow was mixed with ice because there was freezing rain before the snow. That wasn't so pleasant, because even though there was only a couple inches of snow, it was heavy, and hard to get off the ground along with the ice. Then there were a couple times so far this year where the wind chill has been -20 and I had to shovel. That wasn't fun. Plus, I've probably shoveled at least 10 or 12 times already this year and I'm tired of it.

Earlier today I was wishing for spring, but really, I don't need spring, I just need weather that's warm enough to melt some of the snow.

I like it also most of the time except the big blizzard we had in December. We had snow from the snow plow at the bottom of the street up to my shoulder. I really wanted to cry since the rest of the driveway was also under 18 inches of snow. Thankfully, a friend plowed us out. Other than HUGE snowstorms, it gets me out of the house doing something physical.

Beth

Is this one of those Tom Sawyer white washing the fence tricks? :D

The snow stays shoveled longer than my house stays tidied.

I like shoveling snow. It gives me something to do while my children are playing outside. They are too young to be out alone. I get cold when I just stand and watch them.

I also like mowing the lawn and gardening.