Menu

Amazon $20 GC for $10 @ Living Deals

Never used LivingSocial before, so I did a little digging. Some people have been extremely dissatisfied with specific deals not working and (lack of) customer service.

HOWEVER, Amazon invested $175M in LivingSocial last month, so I suspect this is legit.

To be on the safe side, pay with a credit card (rather than debit) and don't be afraid to dispute the charge with your cc company if LivingSocial doesn't come through.

I ordered mine yesterday and received my notification this morning. I have ordered from LivingSocial before and have not had any trouble. In fact, once, I had purchased a deal (movie ticket deal) and the company went out of business before my deal could be used. Without me even having to contact them, LivingSocial sent an email stating that the business (it was a movie coupon deal) had gone out of business. Not only did LivingSocial issue me a full refund immediately--which they didn't have to do since it wasn't their fault, they also credited me an additional $5 in LivingSocial bucks to use on a future deal.

It's not a scam. I have purchased several deals from them but I have yet to get my confirmation for this deal. I think they sold over 2,000 amazon deals yesterday.This may be the reason why it's taking so long to get it.

It was actually over 1,000,000 deals.

Darn... I wish I saw this yesterday. :(

This message is on the very top of this website's front page:

Amazon.com Gift Card purchasers:

Thank you for making yesterday's deal such a success. We're hard at work processing each purchase. Thanks for your patience and you'll hear from us soon!

Got my GC code this morning, yay! However, I don't have any indication that anyone used my LivingSocial link, which makes me a bit suspicious, because a couple people said they did....

Yes, same here. I know for sure of at least one - because I talked them through it over the phone. :glare:

Got my GC code this morning, yay! However, I don't have any indication that anyone used my LivingSocial link, which makes me a bit suspicious, because a couple people said they did....

I got mine this morning too. I used your link and 2 of my friends did too. Maybe it'll show up later?

I got mine this morning too. I used your link and 2 of my friends did too. Maybe it'll show up later?

Oops, no, I wasn't the OP. I posted my referral link on Facebook, and friends let me know they used my link. ;)

But that's a good point. DarcyB, did you get credit for all the people who used your link? By default, my account says it is set up to notify me by email whenever anyone uses my link. Did you get any notifications?

Oops, no, I wasn't the OP. I posted my referral link on Facebook, and friends let me know they used my link. ;)

But that's a good point. DarcyB, did you get credit for all the people who used your link? By default, my account says it is set up to notify me by email whenever anyone uses my link. Did you get any notifications?

I did. But it will only give you the 1 free one, from the first 3 referrals. I got notifications from people using the link, but not from all the ones that I knew happened.

Me, either. I got my code just fine, but I know of at least 3 people who used my link and I didn't seem to get ANY credit for it. :(

I haven't received my refund or an additional GC for my referrals, either. I didn't do this for the referrals only, since the original deal was great, but I would like to get that reward, as well.

If you haven't, submit a help ticket to LivingSocial requesting follow up about when it's going to happen.

https://help.livingsocial.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic