Menu

Best face cream for 40ish skin?

Have you thought of something as simple as Cocoa Butter? I have really difficult skin and this seems to help.

If you want something name brand then I would go with MaryKay. I used to sell for Jafra, Avon, and MaryKay. Avon is one company I would not use skin cream from as it always irritated my skin. Jafra is on the pricey side. MK is better pricing and decent product.

(I don't sell for any company now)

I've been using Derma E's Retinol & Green Tea Advanced Renewal Creme for the past month and LOVE the results!

I had to switch to a moisturizer with all natural ingredients, because my eyes were becoming irritated (started watering like crazy) every time I put moisturizer on my face. When I switched to this product, my eye irritation stopped - and after 2 weeks of use, I really started noticing a difference in my skin (and my DH and friends have noticed and commented too!). It's now been a month and my skin is much more radiant, softer, and I'm even noticing some reduction in lines.

I buy mine at my local health food store, but it looks like Amazon has a great deal on this (a 2-pack for $29.01): http://www.amazon.com/derma-Advanced-Wrinkle-Treatment-Vitamin/dp/B001ET782Y/ref=pd_sbs_bt_3

I've been using Derma E's Retinol & Green Tea Advanced Renewal Creme for the past month and LOVE the results!

I had to switch to a moisturizer with all natural ingredients, because my eyes were becoming irritated (started watering like crazy) every time I put moisturizer on my face. When I switched to this product, my eye irritation stopped - and after 2 weeks of use, I really started noticing a difference in my skin (and my DH and friends have noticed and commented too!). It's now been a month and my skin is much more radiant, softer, and I'm even noticing some reduction in lines.

I buy mine at my local health food store, but it looks like Amazon has a great deal on this (a 2-pack for $29.01): http://www.amazon.com/derma-Advanced-Wrinkle-Treatment-Vitamin/dp/B001ET782Y/ref=pd_sbs_bt_3

Julie, I found you a better price...

http://www.vitacost.com/Derma-E-Retinol-Vitamin-A-And-Green-Tea-Wrinkle-Treatment-Creme

• 1 month later...
Paula Begoun's products. Really.

:iagree:

But I may need to start looking for all-natural products, which I'm not happy about at all, since I love Paula and natural products don't last very long in this climate. I'd rather use nothing at all in that case.

I can swear by Roc, MK, & Estee Lauder for making a noticeable difference in deep-set wrinkles. With MK you want the TimeWise stuff for age-related skin concerns; EL has a purple bottle of serum with "Perfect" in the name... it escapes me right now. That stuff was like a facelift in a bottle, but too spendy to buy again. :(

Paula Begoun's products. Really.

:iagree:

Another vote for Paula's Choice. Her products are simple, effective, and affordable. I love the Skin Recovery cream. I am also using the 10% AHA body lotion....on my face ;)

A different company's product that I mix with this is DHC's Olive Virgin Oil. It is expensive but using two tiny squirts a day, mixed with another moisturizer, a bottle lasts me more than a year. In the winter I also use the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil at night and let it sit for a few minutes. Even though you wash it off, it penetrates and really makes my skin feel better.

I the summer, I mix the Olive Virgin Oil with drugstore aloe vera gel as a light moisturizer.

Edited by laundrycrisis