Menu

What do I want for my birthday dinner?

Thanks all! And, thanks for the early birthday wishes.

My mom is a decent cook. But, growing up, she always made things healthier than the recipe called for. So, if we wanted hamburgers for our birthday dinner, she'd make homemade ketchup. Usually for our birthdays, we wanted the junky stuff because we never got it. So, if I asked for some of these things, she'd find a way to make it healthier. And, while I like that for every day cooking, I wanted something different on my birthday.

Honestly, I'd rather go out for middle eastern or Indian food. But, they live in a very small town and that isn't available. We'll be coming back and going out to dinner for our ds' 13th birthday the following week. So, I'll get my fill then.

You know what I did though? I sent her Pioneer Woman's website and told her to pick a couple dishes from that website and surprise me. I think she'll like that. And, really, you can't go wrong with those recipes. Mom tends to follow a recipe exactly the first time she makes it!!

Thanks all! And, thanks for the early birthday wishes.

My mom is a decent cook. But, growing up, she always made things healthier than the recipe called for. So, if we wanted hamburgers for our birthday dinner, she'd make homemade ketchup. Usually for our birthdays, we wanted the junky stuff because we never got it. So, if I asked for some of these things, she'd find a way to make it healthier. And, while I like that for every day cooking, I wanted something different on my birthday.

Honestly, I'd rather go out for middle eastern or Indian food. But, they live in a very small town and that isn't available. We'll be coming back and going out to dinner for our ds' 13th birthday the following week. So, I'll get my fill then.

You know what I did though? I sent her Pioneer Woman's website and told her to pick a couple dishes from that website and surprise me. I think she'll like that. And, really, you can't go wrong with those recipes. Mom tends to follow a recipe exactly the first time she makes it!!

:lol: well, there you go!

I would ask for Barbecue Meatballs, Cheesy Potatoes (hashbrown casserole) and Corn Casserole. This is the 'country cook' type comfort foods that I grew up with but I don't make very often myself. I do actually make this meal every year for the night before Thanksgiving so we will be having it next week. ;)