Menu

What food could you not get enough of?

Lentils with rice. My comfort food.

Lesley

How do you make them? I cook them in two pots: one cup uncooked rice in one pot and 2/3 cup uncooked lentils in the other. While they cook I take a good sized onion and slowly caramelize them in EVOO. When all three are done, I stir them together. I learned this from a Panjabi, who said the EVOO was used when available, as the dish was more Middle Eastern.

No spice, no salt, yum.

(real) Wheat Thins and (full fat) sour cream :drool5:.

(sad site to behold -- but you wouldn't have to behold it for long, as the box is depleted fairly quickly:blush5:).

Oh yeah....one more:

I have to beat the glutton demons pretty fiercely over some good Cornbread Dressing also. I'll fill a whole plate at Thanksgiving and that's all I'll eat for Thanksgiving!

Edited by MaryElizabeth

1 week out of the month - CHOCOLATE!!!

I'm with you on that one!! And I'm not fussy about the chocolate, either. Just chocolate, or chocolate ice cream, or chocolate sauce, or chocolate fondue.. good thing I'm just over my p. otherwise I'd be on a chocolate hunt by now.

I have a keyring tag that says: "Hand over the chocolate, and nobody gets hurt." :D

The rest of the month.. well.. I'm a bit like that little fella in Ratatouille.. Emile, the brother of Remy (the main character): just not too fussy about food. I pretty much like it all. Pass it over, sista. :tongue_smilie:

:lol:

I have a jar in my pantry if you'd like to come over for breakfast. We can visit and I will make you Nutella crepes.

:D

You are my new best friend. I'm on my way! :)

Have you ever eaten a Honeycrisp?

I've only recently tried them (maybe they're a new hybrid), and they are the very best apples I have ever tasted.

Honeycrisp apples are like dessert. They are sooooooo good!!!!!!!! Crissy, we have the same taste.