Menu

We're in our new house

We are not in the lake cabin; it ended up having an insufficient septic system for our family. Instead, we are in this rental.

It's been a crazy and chaotic weekend. We moved the bulk of our stuff yesterday morning, and then my husband went back for another car load. Today, we returned to the old house to clean it out and get the rest of the stuff. I ended up vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom and kitchen. Then I took a van load to recycling and another van load to the dump. DH took three trips between the houses, and I brought back half a van load when I returned. Through all of this, my kids basically had to hang out in the empty house.

I've gotten about 5-6 boxes unpacked. I lost my BCPs (and Costco's pharmacy was closed today so I'll have missed two days) and had to run to the store late last night because I couldn't find DS3's pull ups. We can't find most of DD1's clothes. We can't get the washer hooked up because one of the leveling feet is stripped and the valves leak so we can't wash clothing. Ugh!

We are not in the lake cabin; it ended up having an insufficient septic system for our family. Instead, we are in this rental.

It's been a crazy and chaotic weekend. We moved the bulk of our stuff yesterday morning, and then my husband went back for another car load. Today, we returned to the old house to clean it out and get the rest of the stuff. I ended up vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom and kitchen. Then I took a van load to recycling and another van load to the dump. DH took three trips between the houses, and I brought back half a van load when I returned. Through all of this, my kids basically had to hang out in the empty house.

I've gotten about 5-6 boxes unpacked. I lost my BCPs (and Costco's pharmacy was closed today so I'll have missed two days) and had to run to the store late last night because I couldn't find DS3's pull ups. We can't find most of DD1's clothes. We can't get the washer hooked up because one of the leveling feet is stripped and the valves leak so we can't wash clothing. Ugh!

Oh, Joann! I am so happy for you guys! God is full of blessings and surprises! I hope you have many happy memories in this new place. I love the view of the trees. The culdesac will be so nice for the kids. Lovely place!

Moving is hard. I hope the "transplant" goes well.