Menu

Do I want the yellow dishes or the red dishes?

Garga

Should I buy red dishes or yellow dishes?  

1. 1. Should I buy red dishes or yellow dishes?

• Red dishes
    • Yellow dishes

I'm in the valley of indecision! I'm getting a brand new set of dishes for everyday use. I cannot decide if I want the yellow ones or the red ones.

My kitchen is orange and the dining room is yellow. Both colors would look good in both rooms. The red is exciting. The yellow is cheery. There are little raised dots along the edges of the dishes.

I'd give you a link online, but the colors online aren't true, so you wouldn't really be able to decide based on the pictures.

Tell me your thoughts to help me work through this (very important! :tongue_smilie:) decision.

Edited by Garga_

I'm in the valley of indecision! I'm getting a brand new set of dishes for everyday use. I cannot decide if I want the yellow ones or the red ones.

My kitchen is orange and the dining room is yellow. Both colors would look good in both rooms. The red is exciting. The yellow is cheery. There are little raised dots along the edges of the dishes.

I'd give you a link online, but the colors online aren't true, so you wouldn't really be able to decide based on the pictures.

Tell me your thoughts to help me work through this (very important! :tongue_smilie:) decision.

I would get one set of each, and mix them up on the table. Actually, a third set in a third color would really look nice (aqua or green).

I would get one set of each, and mix them up on the table. Actually, a third set in a third color would really look nice (aqua or green).

No no no!!! This is why I did not allow "other" on the poll! :tongue_smilie:

If you start adding other choices to the mix, my head will explode!

I'd love to order 2 sets, but that's just not do-able. You HAVE to choose between red and yellow. Have to! :001_smile:

No no no!!! This is why I did not allow "other" on the poll! :tongue_smilie:

If you start adding other choices to the mix, my head will explode!

I'd love to order 2 sets, but that's just not do-able. You HAVE to choose between red and yellow. Have to! :001_smile:

Oh, okay then! :D

Red is my favorite color. I choose RED.

(I agree that the yellow ones would just get lost. The red ones would make a statement: I AM HERE!!!) :D

It depends on how vivid the yellow is. Eating food off of red plates--well, it can be a challenge to make most food look appetizing on red plates. :tongue_smilie:

:iagree:I have Fiestaware and the yellow plates always make the food look more appetizing. (I admit to setting aside the yellow plate just for me!)

So, I vote yellow plates. Get red (or green or blue) cloth napkins to mix things up a bit.

I'm biased because my dishes are red. Besides the fact that red is my favorite color, it just seems to me like red is more versatile for decorating for various holidays.

:iagree:

I currently have sage green and yellow dishes. Oh, how I wish we had bought red instead - for all of the reasons listed above.

Buy Fiestaware and get yellow AND red.

I need 12 dinner plates, 12 little plates and 12 bowls.

BUT:

I can get a set of 12 dinner plates, 12 little plates, 12 littler plates, 12 bowls, 12 tiny bowls and 12 mugs for $79.99 at JCPenney with FREE s&h!!!!!

That is an AMAZING price! I mean--beyond amazing! You can't get anything that cheap even at places like Big Lots. Not only will I get the big plates, little plates and bowls that I need, but I'll also get the extra littler plates, tiny bowls and mugs! All 12 of them!!!

I've looked at the Fiestaware and I love it and I could get both colors...but it would cost more than I can spend at this time. So....back to the original question: red or yellow?