Menu

Best book you've read in the last month?

I just read The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks, I'm going to rent the movie in a few weeks when DH will be out of town. I'm a sucker for romance, though his books are always sad. I have a book called Teaching Visual Literacy that I picked up from the library, I'll probably start it tonight. I don't read a ton, but every now and then do.

Favorites I've enjoyed and plan to reread soon are. . .

Water for Elephants (I hear it's being made into a movie, but I highly recommend you read the book first, as the big screen rarely does em' justice!)

The Book Thief

The Poet of Loch Ness

Blessings,

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-Tina ~

-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

http://seasonsoflearning.blogspot.com/

I hate to say it, because someone recently told me it was an Oprah pic, and I hate to be dictated to... ;) The Hour I First Believed, by Wally Lamb. It's the first book I've read by this author. I very much enjoyed it.

Wally Lamb was my high school honors English teacher--right before 'She's Come Undone' was published. I think 'The Hour I first Believed' is his best.

This was a trip. I didn't really like it [The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake], but I did think about it for a few days after I read it.

It stayed with me as well.

Favorites I've enjoyed and plan to reread soon are. . .

Water for Elephants (I hear it's being made into a movie, but I highly recommend you read the book first, as the big screen rarely does em' justice!)

The Book Thief

The Poet of Loch Ness

Blessings,

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

LOVE Water for Elephants. Great book.

I'm reading The Book Thief for the 2nd time as it is September's choice for my book club. Wonderful book.

So all this great book sharing got me thinking about another one I've been wanting to read. . .Suite Francaise. Has anyone here read it? Is it a good read?

There was another one written by a male author that came out a few years ago, seems like it was about a town and some catastrophe in the town where things got strange (don't know if it was a disease or what) Does anyone know what I'm talking about??

Just looking for awesome ideas for FALL reading. Keep sharing! :)

Blessings,

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Der Sonntagsmann by Thomas Kanger- I'm a huge Scandinavian crime fiction fan. Don't know if this is available in English though.

Astrid and Veronika by Linda Olsson- a really beautiful and somewhat sad book about the friendship between two women- one in her 30s and one who is 80- and what they learn from one another.

I'm re-reading "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell right now. I also highly recommend his first two books "The Tipping Point" and "Blink".

:iagree:

I keep going back and forth on this. Not sure if I should order it or not.

I finished up the trilogy this past month. It was a fun read, a great escape, and it kept surprising me. I can't stand when books are predictable.

Loving this right now. :D I'll be sad when this one ends. The 4th one will likely never be published. He planned on writing 10 in this series. I LOVE his books.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

:iagree:

Little Dorrit, Charles Dickens

My dh loved this one. He's a huge Dickens fan. I want to go back to the ones I haven't yet read sometime in my life when I can focus more.