Menu

Someone just paid for our dinner!

We went out to dinner tonight at a local restaurant. We were seated in a both behind a lady who was eating alone. As usual, the kids sat on one side (the side closest to this lady) and dh and I sat on the other. They were fairly well-behaved and somewhat quiet-ish. Well, this lady left before we did. Our waitress brought our check to us. I didn't look in the folder because we weren't done yet. Waitress comes back five minutes later and says "Oops! I brought you the wrong check! Here's yours." Still, I didn't look inside. Finally, right before we left, I look inside, only to find a lovely note. The lady sitting next to us said it was a pleasure sitting next to us. We had such polite and well-behaved children.:svengo: And she paid our check!!!!! I'm so giddy right now! I guess we must be doing something right.

I love that! But if she had been sitting next to my 5 year old, I would have received HER check and a dirty look! Good for you!

:lol: I feel the same way about my kids. I occasionally have people (who must be deaf and blind) come up to me in stores and tell me my kids are well-behaved. I just stare with a :confused: look on my face. Sometimes I get REALLY tired of my own voice repeating the same thing over and over and OVER again. I know I'm just cautious about my kids bothering others. They are fairly human-like in public. Now, if this lady would have seen them at home she would have mistaken them for wild screech monkeys.

How beautiful! I remember being a waitress and waiting on this elderly woman who was always so good to me. She would leave huge tips, tell me stories about her life, and she even gave me money once to go to the emergency room when I feel at work during my shift (while she was at one of my tables). She was so kind. I will never forget her!

How lovely! I once texted a woman I knew after I had given her dd a lift home from school and the child had been particularly kind to my cranky baby ds. It clearly made her day that I thought to compliment her dd. It made me wonder why we (as mothers) didn't give each other that sort of emotional boost more often.

How lovely! I once texted a woman I knew after I had given her dd a lift home from school and the child had been particularly kind to my cranky baby ds. It clearly made her day that I thought to compliment her dd. It made me wonder why we (as mothers) didn't give each other that sort of emotional boost more often.

Thanks for sharing this! (And thanks to everyone else for sharing their wonderful stories!) This in particular reminds me that I need to send another mom a message about her daughter. I hope it will brighten her day.

Bravo! I am usually miserable when eating out with the boys because they bicker so much. One time, though, I took them out to lunch after a podiatrist's appt. When we got up to leave, and elderly couple complimented me on how well-behaved my boys were. It was a great moment. I just wish we had more of those. (sigh)

My kids have always been well behaved in restaurants, even when they were very little. One time we went to this Japanese hibachi grill, you know, where you're seated around the grill and they cook the food in front of you? After we were seated, two older couples came in and were seated with us. We could tell they weren't happy to be sitting with a couple of kids and got a couple of looks. Not too nasty, just unhappy... it's not the type of restaurant you normally take kids to, at least at the ages mine were at the time. But my kids were on their best behavior and at the end of the meal the man seated next to my husband leaned over and complimented us on our "lovely children". Definitely made us feel good. :)

Lest anyone think I'm bragging though, I've definitely had my fair share of dragging a screaming child out of the store. :p