Menu

How much do you pay for swim lessons?

Where I live in PA, my kids just finished taking group swim lessons at our local town pool. They're Red Cross swimming lessons.

There were 8 lessons total, 45 minutes each, and it cost $25.00 for the first kid and $15.00 for the second. So for my daughter to take her level 4 and my son to take his level 1, I paid $40.00.

(In previous years they did 10 lessons instead of 8, and they were 30 minutes each instead of 45, so sometimes they do it that way too).

Guest Cindie2dds

We did 5x a week, 45 minutes, two kids, $135 a week for both girls. Private lessons with two instructors. Grandma paid because she has a pool in her backyard. :D

Our local pool has them for 450 dollars for 14 one hour group lessons.

:svengo: That is ridiculous! Even the expensive private lessons here aren't that much. Do you have a YMCA nearby?

I would ask around about private lessons. You may even find someone who does private group lessons. We found a college student who was a lifeguard at Schlitterbahn one year, who taught swimming, and hired her to do private lessons w/ our kids at dh's parent's neighborhood pool.

$350 per kid (x2 kids) for survival swim lessons through Infant Swim Resource. The lessons are 5 days a week, 10 minutes a day, for 6 weeks. These are not just regular YMCA type lessons. After these lessons, there's no doubt that your kid could save themselves. Pricey, but definitely worth it. My kids took the lessons last summer at 2 and 5 years old and I have no doubt that they could save themselves if they ever fell into a pool. We have a pool in our backyard and I didn't want to have to worry myself about it.

We are on the high side $75 a month for one 30 minute swim lesson (up to 4 kids in a class). They also have a free session we can attend. It is worth it to us, because my 3.5 year-old is already a pretty good swimmer (ie. freestyle w/side breathing, backstroke, get rings on the bottom of the pool).

$21 for a 20 minute private lesson (x2 kids). We go 1x/week for most of the summer.

$350 per kid (x2 kids) for survival swim lessons through Infant Swim Resource. The lessons are 5 days a week, 10 minutes a day, for 6 weeks. These are not just regular YMCA type lessons. After these lessons, there's no doubt that your kid could save themselves. Pricey, but definitely worth it. My kids took the lessons last summer at 2 and 5 years old and I have no doubt that they could save themselves if they ever fell into a pool. We have a pool in our backyard and I didn't want to have to worry myself about it.

I would have done those lessons if they were an option here. I looked into it a couple years ago and there were not any close to us.

We pay $120/8 lessons (either 2x/week for 4 weeks or 1x/week for 8 weeks) per kid. No more than 4 per class and many of their sessions were actually just the 2 of them with the teacher. My very stubborn child would never have gotten in the pool at the local pool especially every day for 2 weeks. He would have refused so we went with the more expensive route and it worked.

Next summer we may go with the rec dept lessons - we'll see what we think then I guess.

Our swim school has an indoor heated (85 degrees or so) pool which makes it easy to get them in even on a cold day :)

We use our local pool - they offer Red Cross certified swim lessons.

We are paying $30 for 8 45 minute lessons. Over the summer it is two weeks, 4 days a week. But now that school has started, it is twice a week for 4 weeks. I think it goes up to $40 when he hits the next level though. But that is the same amount of time. They are small classes too - never more than 5 kids.

Private lessons are $10 each, I think for 30 minutes but maybe the full 45...not positive

Edited by naturegirl7