Menu

How awesome is God? Obvious CC!

I started really posting and frequenting this forum about 4 years ago when I moved from MN to Guatemala. I left a very involved homeschooling community of amazing women who spoke into my life and invested in my dc's lives. It was wonderful (not without it's faults, but, good none the less). I missed them and was terribly lonely for a long time. Eventhough I lived in a foreign country, not many homeschooled their kids. They were all being sent to an American school in the City--but at $600 a month for tuition for my 3, a little too rich for my blood!

Anyway, I've been praying for women here and friends for my dc. God has been faithful to give me great friends, but, most of them are either empty nesters or they never had kids. They are awesome, but, I was still longing for women who are in the same time of life as I. My dc also have great friends, but, I was seeing them want more relationships.

Well, within the last month, God has done it! In the last 4 weeks I have met 3 families with kids exactly my dc's ages who all homeschool. They aren't just moving thorugh, they're staying! We have all gotten together and are going to be meeting on Thursdays at our church here in Antigua to do co-operative learning in science, music, and art! God is so good!!!!!

Anyway, I know that many women on here have prayed for me at various times during the last 4 years and I wanted to share how God has been answering those prayers. It's been so wonderful, and I'm truly blessed and thankful.