Menu

There has to have been an earthquake in/near CNY.

Guest ToGMom

My husband just emailed me and they felt it at work in Gray, Maine.

He says the US Geological Survey is reporting that it was centered near Ontario and registered 5.5 on the Richter Scale.

It occurred a few hours from where we live. It was enough to make me stop and call my husband at work to see if I really just felt that :001_huh:. He said that he thought it was a big truck driving past his shop until I said I felt it too. Weird, I have never felt one living here in Ontario but I used to feel them often in British Columbia.

I could have swore I felt one over here at about 2ish.

My chair was shaking. I thought our ceiling fan was doing it but never has it done it that much.

ETA: I just told my mom about it and she thought she was going crazy. She was on our porch and said the tree was shaking and her chair.

I believe it was level II or III over here. Can't tell based on the map they show.

Edited by BeatleMania

People in MD felt it!

There was one in VA a few years ago that I felt in NC. I knew what they felt like from when I lived in Okinawa, but dh laughed at me and said it had to be just a truck driving by. That evening he was watching the news and found out that I was right, it really was an earthquake. :-)

Edited by LizzyBee