Menu

Cost for an inground pool?

We are thinking of putting in an inground pool. We want one with a diving board, which I think automatically has a "minimum size" attached to it. We would go for the smallest possible with a diving board. We want the whole she-bang...pump, filter, digging, concrete surround, etc. Does anyone know a price range for this type thing? We got one astronomical quote and I am really hoping that what we got was "high" rather than normal. I will share the quote after I hear back from a few folks...just so I don't sway any opinions. :) Thanks!

Yup, about 40K. We have 24,0000gal, deep end is 8 ft, diving board, nothing fancy. Don't buy a heater- waste of $$$$----unless you can afford to raise your electric bill by about $300-$400 per month. BTW- we love it and would do it over again if we had the option.

T

Don't forget the cost of landscaping to fix the mess after installation and fence, if you don't already have the proper size fence. We started from scratch in our backyard with a pool, waterslide, 4' concrete deck, etc. The pool cost total is around 40K plus another 8-10 for fence and landscaping (very basic for now). We think it will be totally worth it and have already used it a lot.

40k sounds right -- there was a house we looked at three years back and we definitely were going to put in a pool so we had the pool contractor come and give us an estimate.

40k was for the pool (and everything you mentioned) - we also received fencing estimates and landscaping estimates. Just ftr, estimate anywhere from 10K and up depending on the land area that must be fenced and landscaped.

summer_37.gif.

Yup, about 40K. We have 24,0000gal, deep end is 8 ft, diving board, nothing fancy. Don't buy a heater- waste of $$$$----unless you can afford to raise your electric bill by about $300-$400 per month. BTW- we love it and would do it over again if we had the option.

T

I disagree with the heater only because if you use it once and then throw on a solar cover it really holds the temp. Of course we have a hot tub built in with the pool so we needed it anyway. I think ours, which is 28,000 gallons, 8 feet, diving board, 2 love seats, hot tub, and about 800 sq feet was about 45-50K. I highly recommend using Anthony and Sylvan.

For $40,000 here, you could get a nice size gunite pool with a diving board, slide, fiber optic lighting, and extra concrete around the pool. You would probably spend $10,000 for extra landscaping and a nice wooden fence.

Our home owners insurance was not a lot higher with a pool. We don't have one at this house, but when we priced it, the insurance increase was not significant.

This was about ours for a liner pool with a bluestone pool deck, a 20 foot 18 inch high stone wall, and a bluestone patio.

We don't have a diving board. We have a diving rock. We purchased to huge flat rocks and stcked them in such a way that the one hangs over the pool in the deep end. The diving board was about $800 where as the rocks cost us $375.

Ours was here when we moved in, but I just wanted to say, we have a gas heater, and it doesn't raise the gas bill that much, but it does extend our swimming time earlier in the spring and later in the fall. For me, the big expense is yearly maintenance. We have the pool guy come out and clean and backwash, and maintain pH every week, and it's $60.00/wk. Then it's another $600.00 for opening and closing.

We live in Southern California, and were told the replacement value on our pool is about $75K. The is for a large, lighted/heated, freeform, gunite pool with a diving board one one end and a built-in spa with waterfall on the other. There is also quite a bit of flagstone hardscape around the spa and edge of the pool. We're glad it was already installed when we bought the house! I've always believed that if you want a pool, it makes a lot more sense to buy a house that already has one, if possible. You usually don't get all that pool installation money back when you go to sell.

We are thinking of putting in an inground pool. We want one with a diving board, which I think automatically has a "minimum size" attached to it. We would go for the smallest possible with a diving board. We want the whole she-bang...pump, filter, digging, concrete surround, etc. Does anyone know a price range for this type thing? We got one astronomical quote and I am really hoping that what we got was "high" rather than normal. I will share the quote after I hear back from a few folks...just so I don't sway any opinions. :) Thanks!

Note it is more expensive in some areas because of the ground type.

Where we are, the costs of putting in a pool are astronomical because they have to cut through rock to do it

3 1/2 years ago we put in a 20x40 vinyl lined pool with plenty of cool decking around it, deep enough for a diving board but we elected not to add it, salt water system for right at $25K in GA. We priced gunite pools at almost $10K more.

We put in a 20X40 inground with liner and extra wide concrete decking and diving board for $13k but we did it ourselves. We bought a kit. Dh had never installed a pool before but is very handy and is an engineer so technical drawings, etc isn't difficult for him. We hired out the digging of the hole, backfilling, and concrete deck finishing. Otherwise, everything else we did ourselves. Matter of fact, dh put up the walls right before I went into labor and it came a bad storm and muddied up the area so bad that the kids had to "muck" out the mud to be able to finish the installation. The kids also helped sand concrete after dh wasn't satisfied with the smoothness of his concreting job inside the pool. The kids also helped stretch the liner. It was lots of work but something we will always cherish and love. Anyway, this was back in 2006 and pool prices have increased since then. We were quoted $26K without a diving board for a 16X30 liner pool here.

Well, our quote was 25K! LOL I thought that was high (and for this area of rural E. TN, it is). 40K...wow!

I think we were quoted about that, but when you add in site work, ANY ledge issues, etc. it goes drastically higher. Living in NH, I simply couldn't justify that cost and neither could dh. We went with an above ground. Our deck will go out from our breakfast nook to the pool, so it's going to be nice when it's all done. We were told the nook would take 2 months........ doubt it will be done before the end of summer at the rate they're going. :glare: I guess we'll wait until next year for the deck.