Menu

Joy Hakim Science Books/Teacher Guides 50% off

scrapbabe

DD the Elder disappeared with the first volume tonight and didn't resurface until lights out time. This looks promising. :)

Is the sale still on? Where does the sale price show up?

Also, how useful are the teacher's manuals? Do they have a lot of good info?

You enter the isbn number in the search and hit return. It shows up below and lists the retail value and the sale value.

I just got the teacher manuals so haven't used them. I can't really answer your second question.

Smiles,

Shalynn

• 1 month later...
Can anyone tell what the schedule for a year is? I can't see a TOC to see how many lessons. How many and how long would they take each? Could I do these once a week as a supplement?

Lesley

We haven't started yet, so I can't say how long they take. But the first book has 30 chapters, second one has 40, and I don't have the third yet. I would think it would be perfect to supplement once a week. Our plan is to use it only once a week. Friday is our science day, so we will be doing the reading and any activities that day.

Smiles,

Shalynn

Ugh! I can't get my order to go through. The site auto-filled all the info except Course and Enrollment, and it won't let me finalize the order without the blocks being filled in. Anyone know how to get around this?

I made up course names and had an enrollment of 2. Or is the problem of a different nature?

I was wondering more about the TM and student workbooks. How many lessons are in those?

In the first book the Teacher's Manual has 5 Units with 7 lessons in each unit. The second book has 7 Units with 7 lessons in each unit. Each lesson generally covers 1 chapter, sometimes 2.

Shalynn

Jurisdiction code could not be determined

Did anyone get this error? What can I do about it? Thanks! Michelle

Haven't heard of that one. You could contact Laura lauraslook@comcast.net She was the one who sent me the original message about the sale. She's really good about getting back to you. Her phone number is also on the very first page of this thread.

Shalynn

What did you all do about this:

By entering my initials and submitting this order, I attest that all the above information is correct and that

• I am a faculty member of an accredited college/university OR a K-12 institution.

It doesn't mention homeschoolers. Are we considered an "institution"??

For those of you that ordered, what did you do?

If you read through all the posts on this thread, you'll see that someone (the OP?) contacted the company and asked about HSers. They said it was totally fine. I went ahead and initialed based on that information. BTW, I received my order yesterday!

What did you all do about this:

By entering my initials and submitting this order, I attest that all the above information is correct and that

• I am a faculty member of an accredited college/university OR a K-12 institution.

It doesn't mention homeschoolers. Are we considered an "institution"??

For those of you that ordered, what did you do?

If you read through all the posts on this thread, you'll see that someone (the OP?) contacted the company and asked about HSers. They said it was totally fine. I went ahead and initialed based on that information. BTW, I received my order yesterday!

Yes, this is true. They just switched publishers. This was the only online form the publishers had, so they had to use it. But they assured me it was okay for homeschoolers, just go ahead and enter your initials.

Smiles,

Shalynn

Yes, this is true. They just switched publishers. This was the only online form the publishers had, so they had to use it. But they assured me it was okay for homeschoolers, just go ahead and enter your initials.

Smiles,

Shalynn

Oh, I'm glad you asked. I was just looking at it (the discount is still working), and wasn't going to order, b/c I felt too guilty about that line.

Smiles,

Shalynn

Thanks so much! I read back (after I posted -- duh!) and saw that you had contacted them. I ordered 4 of the books yesterday! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I stumbled upon this old thread and decided to try and see if it still works. My order went through! I ordered everything (the three hb books, 2 teachers guide, and 2 student guides) all for $96.35 and the order went through! So now it remains to be seen if and when my books will arrive. I will post again if and when they do. ;)

We have used the student and teacher guides, but often they're aimed at classroom students and teachers. I would have *loved* them when I taught in a PS, but it kind of seems overkill now. We've more or less set them aside and just focus on enjoying Joy Hakim's story. We do end up on a lot of rabbit trails -- more so than other books.

We have used the student and teacher guides, but often they're aimed at classroom students and teachers. I would have *loved* them when I taught in a PS, but it kind of seems overkill now. We've more or less set them aside and just focus on enjoying Joy Hakim's story. We do end up on a lot of rabbit trails -- more so than other books.

Thank you. That's what I thought / hoped. I've seen her books and plan to buy them, but was hoping not to buy anymore guides! The books are reasonably priced on Amazon!

@Swordedhip: Wow! THank you sooooo much for reviving this old post. I just ordered my set and it went through easily. I've been eyeing those books for some time and am glad I waited to get such a good deal -- I mean, 50% off the guides (esp the teacher's guide which is pricey) and the student workbooks for $3 instead of $13 -- awesome (even if you can only buy one copy)!

To the op and the poster who revived this post: thank you! I ordered what I did not have of this series and received all of it today. The three parts of volume 2 and the third book were $50 or so total. They are great books and this was a great deal. So thank you again. And thanks for taking the time to post instructions. It was a little complicated to order; I'm not sure I would have figured it out myself.