• Moon Landing: faked
    • Moon Landing: actual event
    • Kennedy: Oswald acted alone
    • Kennedy: Oswald as agent for CIA, Cubans, etc. OR not Oswald
    • Earhart: accident
    • Earhart: planned disappeance OR foul play
    • Roswell: UFO
    • Roswell: no UFO

I get a good laugh out of a lot of conspiracy theories, particularly ones involving vast and complex government conspiracies. As my dad used to say "you give the government way too much credit" if you believe xyz conspiracy-du-jour.

So, personally, I don't wear tinfoil, but I must admit, I sure do have the urge to hand out a lot of it!:lol:

I guess I never really thought about a homeschooling connection. I had an elderly relative who thought the moon landing was all fake. I never quite understood the exact reason it would be faked, but then I never was interested enough to get into it....

I guess I never really thought about a homeschooling connection. I had an elderly relative who thought the moon landing was all fake. I never quite understood the exact reason it would be faked, but then I never was interested enough to get into it....

Psychological warfare. If we could convince Russia we'd beaten them to the moon, they'd be so scared, they'd surrender. I mean...I guess that's what the people who don't believe in the moon landing believe that the gov't was thinking. :001_huh: Ya follow that? :lol:

No takers on faking the moon landing, huh? My engineer brother, who is not usually into conspiracy theories, firmly believes that it was faked. He leaves no possibility that it was not. It makes for fun conversations! :D

ETA: Oops, got one now!

There are 7 now. I'm curious as to why people think this was faked... what does your brother think?

Just curious- what makes you believe the moon landing was faked?

I saw a documentary on it once (several years ago) and have been convinced ever since then that it was faked. The biggest thing that stood out to me was some of the photos from the moon landing that were supposedly taken miles apart but if you lined them up, they were exactly the same backdrop, down to the "hills" in the background and grains of moon dust. They had a few other convincing arguments. Of course this was a documentary DESIGNED to say it was fake, and who knows what part photoshop played in it. I wouldn't die for the fact that it was fake. Just my lil' ole' opinion. ;)

Edited by MyBlueLobsters

I find the Kennedy results of the poll fascinating!

I have my own theories about Roswell. I think the government secretly puts out just enough info. to make people wonder about aliens and ufos and then denies it in such a way as to peak more interest and continue the quest to keep us busy so that we don't discover what is really going on....:D

Actually, I am not a conspiracy person by nature but I think that I am easily convinced when good evidence is presented.

This jumped out at me. I've been reading this thread thinking that question was about Dale Earnhardt! I was like, "I didn't know there was any controversy about his death?" Doh! :lol:

I can't laugh because I thought that too for a second! Then I read it again and searched the recesses of my mind.:001_huh: Then it was like, oh!

Guest Virginia Dawn

Wow! I love a good conspiracy as much as the next person, but these are not things I even have on my radar.

The only one I would possibly consider is Kennedy. I'm finding it interesting that so many people here believe in aliens and don't believe in the moon landing.

You know, I don't use it at all, but apparently, I should be making a hat with it...:)

But, I'm daring enough to say to the aliens, "Come and try to control my mind. In a day, you'll leave, screaming!" That's the same reason I'll never be allowed to be part of the Borg.

I think any are possible, but voted for 3 as likely.

:lol:

I don't think he acted alone, but I don't believe the Cuba/CIA/&tc theories, so I voted "alone." I just think he had an accomplice, humdrum.

I saw a documentary on it once (several years ago) and have been convinced ever since then that it was faked. The biggest thing that stood out to me was some of the photos from the moon landing that were supposedly taken miles apart but if you lined them up, they were exactly the same backdrop, down to the "hills" in the background and grains of moon dust. They had a few other convincing arguments. Of course this was a documentary DESIGNED to say it was fake, and who knows what part photoshop played in it. I wouldn't die for the fact that it was fake. Just my lil' ole' opinion. ;)

Here's an explanation of that issue, taken from this website:

Bad: The program has two segments dealing with what they call ``identical backgrounds''. In one, they show the lunar lander with a mountain in the background. They then show another picture of the same mountain, but no lander in the foreground at all. The astronauts could not have taken either picture before landing, of course, and after it lifts off the lander leaves the bottom section behind. Therefore, there would have been something in the second image no matter what, and the foreground could not be empty. Obviously, the mountain background is a fake set, and was reused by NASA for another shot.

Good: Actually, the pictures are real, of course. As always, repeat after me: the Moon is not the Earth. On the Earth, distant objects are obscured a bit by haze in the air, and we use that to mentally gauge distances. However, with no air, an object can be very far away on the Moon and still be crisp and sharp to the eye. You can't tell if a boulder is a meter across and 100 meters away, or 100 meters across and 10 kilometers away!

That's what's going on here. The lander is close to the astronaut in the first picture, perhaps a 20 or 30 meters away. The mountain is kilometers away. For the second picture, the astronaut merely moved a few hundred meters to the side. The lander was then out of the picture, but the mountain hardly moved at all! If you look at the scene carefully, you'll see that all the rocks and craters in the foreground changes between the two pictures, just as you'd expect if the astronaut had moved to the side a ways between the two shots. It's not fraud, it's parallax!