Menu

"The server is too busy, please try back again later"

I get it most often during lunch time (12 - 1pm, EST) and again between 3 and 4 pm. I figured all of the East Coasters were on during the lunch break and again after lessons. :)

I also have trouble getting on during lunch time. I logged on again real quick before we start back up after quiet time in the hopes of being able to check in! I usually try to get a look when I'm having breakfast. I assume everyone has started their day since I've never had a problem getting on then. Of course, now that I've said something....:glare:

Deb

I've been getting it A LOT lately. It's annoying because it always seems to happen after I have written a reponse to a post and am wanting to post it (let's see if I get THIS response posted ;)). I can't tell you how may response posts I have lost lately and am too frustrated to waste my time rewriting them. I suppose I don't have much to say that anyone wants to hear anyhow. :tongue_smilie::D

On another note, because of this, I have found myself visiting boards I haven't been to in a long time....oh, as well as getting things done around the house. ;)

it always seems to happen after I have written a reponse to a post and am wanting to post it (let's see if I get THIS response posted ;)). I can't tell you how may response posts I have lost lately and am too frustrated to waste my time rewriting them.

This has happened to me, as well.

Use your back button. It will return you to the window where you typed your message and you can highlight and copy. Paste it in a notepad or in Word until the you can get back to the message you are replying to.

Looks like TWTM forums need more server space. I get this message constantly and sometimes can't get on for huge chunks of time - can't even read messages!

I get it frequently but was thinking it was just me. So, I'm glad you posted.

Use your back button. It will return you to the window where you typed your message and you can highlight and copy. Paste it in a notepad or in Word until the you can get back to the message you are replying to.

I always copy before I send now, since I have lost posts as well. Then I wait awhile and try again. The back button doesn't always work for me, though I always try it. Sometimes it sort of bleeps and stays right where it is. :glare:

Really, is there nothing that can be done? I wrote a message like this weeks ago, and others responded that they , too, were having it happen. I thought I'd see an administrator post about it, but they've not responded or posted on anything about this!

I love this board, and I realize it's free, I just think they need to update as more people are getting on! I know, easier said than done! But it seems like they could at least acknowledge the fact and say there's nothing they can do, or they're working on it, or SOMEthing!:001_huh:

Edited by Brindee

Yes, that works 50% of the time and that is exactly what I do. But half of the time I hit my back button and it won't go back to the previous page. :confused: It's just frustrating. I've never had this happen on other boards...even SL when it was free. But, I love the variety on this board, so I will live with it...if I HAVE too. ;)

I love the WTM forums dearly, but dear god, I have never seen a website with such inadequate servers for the traffic load. Perhaps we ought to have a fundraiser or something. :tongue_smilie:

:iagree:

It happens over here a LOT. Multiple times per day. Every day. And every time it happens I think that perhaps I should send Susan a dollar for server space.

Guest Katia

It happens all the time for me, too. Very frustrating. I've been trying to schedule my computer time, and it's very irritating to finally be able to sit down and enjoy reading/catching up with these posts, only to find that I can't access anything.

Actually, I've found another board I think I like better, just because I can always access it! Never thought that would happen.

I've been getting it A LOT lately. It's annoying because it always seems to happen after I have written a reponse to a post and am wanting to post it (let's see if I get THIS response posted ;)). I can't tell you how may response posts I have lost lately and am too frustrated to waste my time rewriting them. I suppose I don't have much to say that anyone wants to hear anyhow. :tongue_smilie::D

This just happened to me at lunch today. Aaarrggh!! Very frustrating.:angry:

Aftermany years of trial and error, I can tell you, if you have taken a long time to compose a well thought out response, copy before hitting submit. That way if it gets lost in server busy land, you can just paste and repost. ;)

So, is there a way to get a response from administrators on this subject? Do they really want good people leaving because they have inadequate servers? Maybe, but I don't think so....

But we aren't providing a service to them.:confused: We get to come here for free and talk about all kinds of stuff that is not related to TWTM. They don't owe us anything and I don't know that the board is really generating extra sales to them - most of the programs recommended have nothing to do with them.

What I *don't* want to happen is what Sonlight did - close their boards to everyone but current customers! I know it is frustrating (it is to me too!)

LOL! Isn't there a rule about not talking about not using board space to talk about the board? Maybe not using server space to talk about lack of server space? :lol:

Maybe we should start a poll to see how many times we all check WTM each day. Then those of us (me!) who are on every 30 minutes could be banned from signing in more than 3 times a day. Imagine the space there'd be all of a sudden! Imagine the housework/schoolwork we'd get done!! :D

LOL! Isn't there a rule about not talking about not using board space to talk about the board? Maybe not using server space to talk about lack of server space? :lol:

Maybe we should start a poll to see how many times we all check WTM each day. Then those of us (me!) who are on every 30 minutes could be banned from signing in more than 3 times a day. Imagine the space there'd be all of a sudden! Imagine the housework/schoolwork we'd get done!! :D

:iagree::lol::tongue_smilie:

Now, why would you go and stir the pot like that? Shame on you!

ban.jpg

Just kidding.

Some other boards have banner ads at the top of the forums. It gives money to pay for server space but isn't too annoying (and really annoying ads - animated - are generally reported and removed). That's one possibility.

Another board has an annual pledge drive where members pay through paypal and donate for the upkeep. It's kept anonymous. Only happens once a year and is only open for 1-2 weeks. That also seems to work.

I've made changes to the curriculum I use and have been more effective at teaching my son thanks to these boards. I'd hate to see them closed, but I'd also hate to see them unavailable or with less posters.

But we aren't providing a service to them.:confused: We get to come here for free and talk about all kinds of stuff that is not related to TWTM. They don't owe us anything and I don't know that the board is really generating extra sales to them - most of the programs recommended have nothing to do with them.

What I *don't* want to happen is what Sonlight did - close their boards to everyone but current customers! I know it is frustrating (it is to me too!)

I realize that, and mentioned it in an earlier post. I'm agreeing with that, I am just wondering if there is anything that we or they can do. :001_smile: I just think it'd be great for them to acknowledge it and see if we can work on solutions to keep everyone here but be able to get/stay on better. Edited by Brindee

Guest Cindie2dds
I get it occasionally. I just take it as a hint that I should be doing something more productive. :)

:lol: So should I.