Menu

Girl Movie suggestion needed!

We're having a sleepover party this week for a group of 7-10 yr old girls. :tongue_smilie: Do you have a suggestion for a good quality, cool movie that will appeal to that age group and which no parent will be concerned that we showed?

This is not a socially conservative group of folks, but a few of the parents could potentially be opposed to TV in general, so I want to have a movie that will be as inoffensive as possible.

What's your favorite movie for that age group?

We're having a sleepover party this week for a group of 7-10 yr old girls. :tongue_smilie: Do you have a suggestion for a good quality, cool movie that will appeal to that age group and which no parent will be concerned that we showed?

This is not a socially conservative group of folks, but a few of the parents could potentially be opposed to TV in general, so I want to have a movie that will be as inoffensive as possible.

What's your favorite movie for that age group?

Maybe something like Kit Kittredge? Would that be too young for your group? I can't think how it would be in any way offensive. We also love (love!) Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, but they deal with spirits and/or wizards and might pose an issue in that way.

"which no parent will be concerned that we showed" probably not :glare: Seriously, there are some out there.

The American Girl movies are good.

The old Heidi movie.

Ann of Green Gables?

Christy (one of the 3 movies made for TV).

Princess Diaries?

Journey to the Center of the Earth (if they like adventure)

Peter Pan with Cathy Rigby is good

the only Barbie movie my dd's really liked was Island Princess. They also liked Christmas Carol with Barbie but it is the wrong time of year.

Sarah Plain and Tall, plus the sequels

Y'all could watch a bunch of the Little House episodes if they like that show.

"which no parent will be concerned that we showed" probably not :glare: Seriously, there are some out there.

The American Girl movies are good.

The old Heidi movie.

Ann of Green Gables?

Christy (one of the 3 movies made for TV).

Princess Diaries?

Journey to the Center of the Earth (if they like adventure)

Peter Pan with Cathy Rigby is good

the only Barbie movie my dd's really liked was Island Princess. They also liked Christmas Carol with Barbie but it is the wrong time of year.

Sarah Plain and Tall, plus the sequels

Y'all could watch a bunch of the Little House episodes if they like that show.

Oh HollyDay. How could you.

Anne of Green Gables.

:lol:

I'm showing Nim's Island to the 2 10 yog's coming for dd's sleep over next week, fwiw.

We just watched A Little Princess and The Secret Garden and they were wonderful!!!!! I think that they would be a hit!!!

:iagree: Love, love, love A Little Princess. I just replaced an old VHS copy with the DVD yesterday. $5 at Target!

Old movies should definitely be safe - there's nothing objectionable in them.

Wizard of Oz

Sound of Music (although its LOOOOONG)

Anne of Green Gables

My dd LOVED Enchanted. I love the message - the princess saves herself instead of waiting for the prince. :-) I haven't seen it in awhile so I don't remember if there may be any iffy parts but I don't think so.

Oh, such good suggestions! How could I have forgotten Nim's Island and Anne of Green Gables? Love both of those too.

If any of your friends are the type to have read the book The Triple Bind, you might want to avoid Enchanted, but I'd personally be OK with it :D