Menu

S/O Help me remember the name of a perfume...

A lady I worked w/ yrs ago wore it, & it's the most beautiful fragrance I've ever smelled.

I can't for the life of me remember what it's called except that it was a man's name. Two words, I think.

The scent was very clean, not too sweet, not flowery. Obviously, it stays w/ you, lol, since I've been thinking about it for so long!

Bill Blass?

It's funny, that's all I can think of, but I don't think that's it.

It's something that's so expensive, it's not for sale in a regular dept. store. (My friend said--having looked a *little* during that time, it seemed to be true.) I think she got hers somewhere like Bergdorf. But you know, this much time later, I could be making it all up.

I'd love to keep an eye out for a good deal on this, but I hate perfume shopping, & I hate most perfume. In highschool, I had a tiny bottle of Eternity that I loved. This kind my friend was wearing smelled like what Eternity might hope to be, if it were given divine powers. :lol: You know, if that helps you to imagine what it smells like. :D

A lady I worked w/ yrs ago wore it, & it's the most beautiful fragrance I've ever smelled.

I can't for the life of me remember what it's called except that it was a man's name. Two words, I think.

The scent was very clean, not too sweet, not flowery. Obviously, it stays w/ you, lol, since I've been thinking about it for so long!

Aubrey, I have no idea about the perfume (Sorry!), but I have to say that you remind me so much of my twin sister and myself. It's hilarious. My twin sister once cut out a (very small) photo of a woman from the back of a Cheerios box and took it to a hair salon to show the stylist the haircut she wanted. And then she was upset that the hairstyle didn't turn out the way she had envisioned it. It was a tiny photo on carboard from the back of a cereal box, lol! Anyway, for some reason it just reminded me of that. Good luck, though! I hope you find out the correct name.

Aubrey, I have no idea about the perfume (Sorry!), but I have to say that you remind me so much of my twin sister and myself. It's hilarious. My twin sister once cut out a (very small) photo of a woman from the back of a Cheerios box and took it to a hair salon to show the stylist the haircut she wanted. And then she was upset that the hairstyle didn't turn out the way she had envisioned it. It was a tiny photo on carboard from the back of a cereal box, lol! Anyway, for some reason it just reminded me of that. Good luck, though! I hope you find out the correct name.

So you don't think it would be too stalker-ish of me to hunt the woman down & ask again? :D

If nothing else, having this list of possibilities might help if I ever go looking for it again. Which would be ok if it didn't involve going someplace like BG!

The problem is, many of the names being thrown out are the names of the designer's, not the actual fragrance names. I used to work in cosmetics, and now this is going to drive me crazy!

Please, if you find out the name-let us know!

Right--this wasn't a designer's name. It was nothing as memorable as Calvin Klein or Giorgio. I mean, it sounded like the name of somebody's highschool principal. Completely unremarkable.

Grr. Because of that, I'm not sure (now that I see how many fall into that category) that I'd recognize the name. :glare:

Aubrey, you goose. This is like someone posting....."What's the name of this song? It goes lalalal la la la lalalal..."

I'm snickering at you! And where's my hot off the press book??

Well...I do that to dh all the time. I'm terrible at remembering lyrics, even to the songs *I* write, lol.

The book is #1 in a trilogy--I can't remember if I told you that or not. I finished #1 & the rough drafts of 2 & 3, & sent the 1st one off to agents. I don't think the 1st one reads very well by itself, though--it comes across too...nazi-feminist? :lol:

Anyway, I finally decided I"d only be able to sell all 3 of them together, & that to do that, I'd have to send them together, so I've been working on finishing up 2 & 3. I just finished a pretty polished version of #2 over the weekend & have spent all my time since then telling dh how great I am & how people are going to write dissertations on my books. :lol: When I get over myself, I'll get to work on #3.

I've packed up my sewing & scrapbooking & all my other hobbies. I decided at the first of the yr that I was grounded from everything except writing, because I need to FINISH something, & as long as I'm rotating between all my hobbies, writing doesn't get enough attention.

So. There's your really long answer. :D

The problem is, many of the names being thrown out are the names of the designer's, not the actual fragrance names. I used to work in cosmetics, and now this is going to drive me crazy!

Please, if you find out the name-let us know!

Ooh, the name Bobbi Brown sounds right...the price seems too low to have been so...hmmm...not sure the word...but the price makes me doubt this is the one. Still, I glanced at Dillard's & Macy's, & it doesn't look like they carry the brand...hm.

Ooh, the name Bobbi Brown sounds right...the price seems too low to have been so...hmmm...not sure the word...but the price makes me doubt this is the one. Still, I glanced at Dillard's & Macy's, & it doesn't look like they carry the brand...hm.

Bobbi Brown is a pretty high end line - most "mall" type department stores don't carry it. Here is a link to the frangrance page of her website in case any of the descriptions sound right.

http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/products/mpp/index.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY21789

Bobbi Brown is a pretty high end line - most "mall" type department stores don't carry it. Here is a link to the frangrance page of her website in case any of the descriptions sound right.

http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/products/mpp/index.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY21789

If this is it, I'm guessing it's Bobbi--the description falls into the right category. Plus, the one I'm looking for was being worn over 6yrs ago. It can't be too new. Hmm...I guess the price could have come down, too.

I used to wear Forever, by Alfred Sung. I remember the name "Forever" was written really small on the bottle, but "Alfred Sung" was really big... so a lot of people thought Alfred Sung was the name.

I used to buy it at Goldsmith's/Macy's. Can't remember how much it cost...

Ugh. Could be. Drat. Well...this is a *really* good list y'all have got going! :o

Look at the following sites for a wonderful list and maybe you will see the name.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/6021050/0~2377897~2377898~6021050?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=leftnav&pbo=2377897

http://www.parfumerienasreen.com/fragrances/women/index.php Exquisite shop and if they do not have it I cannot imagine who might. I am a perfume fanatic and truly love it more than any piece of clothing or jewelry. I wonder if the name was Queen by Alexander Mcqueen or Mackie by Bob Mackie. Hmm thinking ...hope I can come up with other possiblities. My old brain aches tonight. If I come up with other guesses I will post I wish you had not said a high school principal kind of name as I keep thinking of Buffy the Vampire Slayer 's principal played by Armand Shimmerman.