Menu

Why don't little girls come with mute buttons?!?!?

A pause button would make me happy. There have been times I have actually said:

"I need you to be quiet for a moment, please, I have to think about something."

Commonly stated when I am lost in traffic...

Ugh, I say something like this in traffic all.the.time! Only, you are more nice. I say "SILENCE! I must concentrate." :D

I only have boys. The oldest is quiet. The younger two, not so much. My middle son has this high pitched scream/squeal thing he does that absolutely makes me feel like my eardrums are going to burst. My youngest talks and talks and talks. All.the.time. During school time I have to remins that other people are trying to work too, so would he please be quiet so they can concentrate.

My mom used to say that I was the Human Dog Whistle.

Girls can be so shrieky.

Of course, I can't get through a single minute of the day without my son making spit noises (like a fire engine, or a space ship or something.) Boys making these noises always emit a lot of spit.

Ugh, I say something like this in traffic all.the.time! Only, you are more nice. I say "SILENCE! I must concentrate." :D

I pulled the "SILENCE!" the other day. My 3 yo had been in the room with dh when he was watching the Jeff Dunham show on comedy central. The next thing I heard was "I kill you!" :001_huh: The things you don't realize they pick up. It was kind of funny though...

My niece is a talker and her brother isn't. My niece drives her parents nuts. They don't understand how I can spend time with her non-stop and not get annoyed (she is 17). He brother annoys the living heck out of me.

I tell them: she just wants to be heard. If you would stop what you are doing for a chunk of time - completely stop - and HEAR her, she will talk less. They say I'm crazy and ask me how I could possibly know that.

How? I was my niece.

People talk incessantly when they feel they have something to say and are not being listened to. Once they are older than 8, anyway. Prior to that, it's all about listening to one's own voice... :lol:

a

ETA: Niece wasn't always a "talker". She was downright silent for years and years until mama decided that brother was all that and a bag of chips and niece was "annoying".

My niece is a talker and her brother isn't. My niece drives her parents nuts. They don't understand how I can spend time with her non-stop and not get annoyed (she is 17). He brother annoys the living heck out of me.

I tell them: she just wants to be heard. If you would stop what you are doing for a chunk of time - completely stop - and HEAR her, she will talk less. They say I'm crazy and ask me how I could possibly know that.

How? I was my niece.

People talk incessantly when they feel they have something to say and are not being listened to. Once they are older than 8, anyway. Prior to that, it's all about listening to one's own voice... :lol:

a

ETA: Niece wasn't always a "talker". She was downright silent for years and years until mama decided that brother was all that and a bag of chips and niece was "annoying".

how sad. My bil just never shuts up. I dread our get togethers. BUT, he's also a backstabber and a liar, so I'm somewhat justified. I hate being around people you can't trust where you have to watch every little thing you say. I also hate being around people who are your biggest fan, all the while you know he rips you to shreds behind your back. :glare:

How? I was my niece.

a

how sad. My bil just never shuts up. I dread our get togethers. BUT, he's also a backstabber and a liar, so I'm somewhat justified. I hate being around people you can't trust where you have to watch every little thing you say. I also hate being around people who are your biggest fan to your face, all the while you know he rips you to shreds behind your back. :glare:

It's your dd6, right? I knew it before even opening the thread. My dd6 is the same way.

Well, dd6 grabs the biggest share of air time. But dd3 takes up just about everything else. (She's in the interrupting stage.) It's hilarious when we're driving somewhere. Dd 6 looks out the window and keeps up a running commentary on the signs, the street lights, the moon (I'm thinking of an evening drive, obviously), and various imaginative things. Dd3 tries to interject, but keeps being rebuked (by dd6) for interrupting. Finally, dd3 loses patience (after about 15 minutes of this - dd3 is exceptionally patient!) and says, "<Name>, stop talking!! I want to talk!!" And precedes to say two sentences before dd6 takes off again. :lol:

I had to explain why I was laughing so hard. Hey - it was a great "teachable moment" - as in "sometimes you need to let others talk, too . . ." But I dread the household when dd4 mo. starts talking . . .

Mama Anna

:willy_nilly:

:banghead:

:confused:

That's all!

Mama Anna

NO STINKING KIDDING!!!:willy_nilly:

I think it is even more frustrating that mine are shy around new people and I HATE hearing "do they ever talk?" AAAAHHHH! No one believes me that they never shut up!!! I just resort to "shhhhhhhhhhhh" all day long, hoping that will work :glare: