Menu

Elephant birth video.

I was nearly in tears--even though I KNEW it would be alright... I had a flashback of youngest dd's birth--she was born lifeless--not breathing or moving--grey (past the purple and blue stage)... dd's first breath was minutes later (she is a HEALTHY happy NORMAL 7yo today!).

Just wait until I tell youngest dd that I just compared her to a baby elephant!

Guest Alte Veste Academy
My dd sent this to me and I have been meaning to post it. Don't worry, all ends well but this momma definitely did not use the Bradley method.

http://useloos.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=8715

Thanks! That was great and thanks so much for giving the heads up that it ends well. If not for that, I would have been a blubbering mess! Two minutes!? Poor mommy! That hard floor!? Poor baby!

Wow, amazing! I can't believe they don't have some hay or something for the baby to land one. I'm also not entirely sure the slow-mo was necessary. It was tense waiting for the baby to breathe.

I thought the same thing. Seems like concrete would be much harder than almost any natural soil--but maybe if it was very dry somewhere it would be like concrete.

Just amazing. I watched it on Youtube and also saw before it a normal birth where there were human helpers. They interfered as soon as the baby was born and that baby actually staggered more than the one with the dramatic birth but only motherly intervention -which btw was the most amazing intervention I have ever seen. She just knew exactly when it needed help, when it began breathing etc.