Menu

Best way to wear a large ring~

Hi. If someone knew that they were going to get a big ring, a very large birthstone that sits up high, that the unnamed someone ;) couldn't contain her curiosity and PEEKED, and was just jumping up and down with excitement because it was the most beautiful ring she had ever seen...how would that someone wear such a large stone? If the unnamed person already had a sweet and sentimental anniversary ring for her right hand, would it be appropriate (or tacky) to wear the new ring on the middle finger alongside the current one, or should it replace the old sentimental ring as the new more amazing ring? It must be sized before she can wear it, so the picking of the finger is important. :D

The new ring is a large, heart-shaped rainbow topaz...oh my goodness...she peeked...:001_tt1: Well who leaves a jewelry bag just sitting out in plain site, anyway???

BOTH rings are very pretty!

Do you expect to wear the larger one daily? I know that I cannot personally stand to wear more than one ring on each hand unless one of them is a plain gold band. So, much depends on whether or not you'd even be comfortable wearing them both all the time. However, it seems like the new one is more of a dress-up ring. Also, is the new one set in silver/platinum? Or does it just appear so in the photo? If silver, I wouldn't wear it right next to the one set in gold. JMO. I think if I had to make that choice, I'd have it sized for the ring finger and just alternate when I wear them.

I can't help thinking that you are really gonna have to work hard at faking a surprised look when DH actually gives it to you...! He did good, though, that is a beautiful piece of jewelry.

(ETA) PS-Now you should treat yourself to a manicure!

Edited by AuntieM

The flash kept bouncing off the ring, but maybe you can get the idea. Believe me, the pics do not do it justice! I put it on my pinkie so you could see it next to my old, sentimental one. I can't believe he went shopping!!!!!

That is so beautiful! Does he know you 'accidentally' found it? I mean, that an unnamed person found it?

Edited by Jolash

The flash kept bouncing off the ring, but maybe you can get the idea. Believe me, the pics do not do it justice! I put it on my pinkie so you could see it next to my old, sentimental one. I can't believe he went shopping!!!!!

GORGEOUS!

...and as an aside...your "sentimental one" is identical to my wedding band.:001_wub:

Oh, how pretty! Both rings remind me of rings I have. I wear a largish emerald ring on the middle finger of my right hand and a smaller ring on the ring finger of my right hand. They look nice together, and I think yours would look nice that way, too.

Also, I think they would look nice if you were to wear the new one on the ring finger and resize the other one for your pinky, as a pp mentioned. I have an heirloom ring that I wear on my pinky at times next to the one on my ring finger (at those times I don't wear my emerald).

Your sentimental ring is such a size that would look nice on your pinky, and the other one would suit your ring finger well, should you go that way.

Sorry I couldn't help! :tongue_smilie:

Kudos to your hubby for the gift. It's beautiful! I'd say he's a keeper! :D

:svengo:I don't exactly know, but I sure would find a way!

Can you maybe get the anniversary ring molded to band with the wedding ring? That way you could have two beautiful rings; one for each hand. Or, have the anniversary ring enlarged to fit the middle finger on the left hand. Either way, your new lovely gift deserves a hand all its own!

Thank you all so much for your kindnesses and suggestions! I forgot to say that it is 14K, with little diamonds on each side. You should have seen me last night, sneaking to take those pics. Fun but nerve-wracking! We've been together so long that apparently he can read my face. When he came up from the basement later, (nope, his dog house isn't down there...his weight set is ;)) he asked what I had 'been up to'! Good grief, I wouldn't make it very far as a secret agent. I told him that the temptation of seeing that golden jewelry gift bag all wrapped up so nicely on his dresser had been to much, and I had peeked. He started laughing and said he couldn't believe I had lasted that long LOL. :blush::D Needless to say, there was quite a tea party involved later. This won't replace my sentimental ring, but is now my new sentimental ring. Last year he had lost his job at Christmas time, and couldn't get me a present for Christmas or our anniversary in January. So he said he wanted to make up for that. Then he said that he wanted to show me how much 'color I add to his world'. I started crying. :001_wub: Thanks again for all your great suggestions. Right now I just want to hold it until I can get it on my finger! And I will act really surprised for the girl's sake when I open it at Christmas!!

Thank you all so much for your kindnesses and suggestions! I forgot to say that it is 14K, with little diamonds on each side. You should have seen me last night, sneaking to take those pics. Fun but nerve-wracking! We've been together so long that apparently he can read my face. When he came up from the basement later, (nope, his dog house isn't down there...his weight set is ;)) he asked what I had 'been up to'! Good grief, I wouldn't make it very far as a secret agent. I told him that the temptation of seeing that golden jewelry gift bag all wrapped up so nicely on his dresser had been to much, and I had peeked. He started laughing and said he couldn't believe I had lasted that long LOL. :blush::D Needless to say, there was quite a tea party involved later. This won't replace my sentimental ring, but is now my new sentimental ring. Last year he had lost his job at Christmas time, and couldn't get me a present for Christmas or our anniversary in January. So he said he wanted to make up for that. Then he said that he wanted to show me how much 'color I add to his world'. I started crying. :001_wub: Thanks again for all your great suggestions. Right now I just want to hold it until I can get it on my finger! And I will act really surprised for the girl's sake when I open it at Christmas!!

Oh, I almost started crying! It's a beautiful ring, and I love his reasons behind purchasing it.

This won't replace my sentimental ring, but is now my new sentimental ring. Last year he had lost his job at Christmas time, and couldn't get me a present for Christmas or our anniversary in January. So he said he wanted to make up for that. Then he said that he wanted to show me how much 'color I add to his world'. I started crying. :001_wub:

Oh, my! I watered up when I read this!! You have a great guy there! What a touching story behind such a beautiful gift!!! :001_smile:

I think it's SO CUTE that *HE* couldn't wait until Christmas!!! Dh is the same way.

I would have it resized to wear on your middle finger next to your other sentimental ring. I'm far too sentimental here. DH designed a pendant for me and had it made two Christmas' ago. It represents our family. The jeweler always laughs at me, telling me that he's never met someone so sentimental. I REFUSE to take it off - EVER! I sleep with it, shower with it, etc. I bought another chain to wear other pendants on WITH it.

Y'all are really sweet! I feel like a kid today. We're taking the day off to have my dd's 12th birthday party. Yes, my real birthstone is a ruby (July) and I have one of those in my wedding band. I'm not sure if a rainbow topaz is anybody's real birthstone LOL, but I'm claiming it as my virtual one!! It's just so big and out of character for him (and me, too). We're conservative and kinda simple and plain most of the time. I struggled between painting my living room off white or oatmeal. :huh: I think we're getting more bold as we age! Well, it's off to bake a cake. Blessings~