Menu

What are you excited to give your kids for Christmas?

I think my dd is going to love the dress up clothes the best (she really wants a sewing machine but I'd like to wait a little longer on that!)

My ds will be so happy to finally get a rock hammer (and I'm looking for some special rocks he can add to his collection)

What are you excited to give them or what do you know they will love?

:lurk5:

My dd desperately wants a "Pillow Pet." They're essentially pillows with heads and feet. She thinks it's the greatest thing in the world. It's fairly inexpensive, doesn't make noise, doesn't need batteries, no teensy parts to break; sounds like a good idea to me!:D

My ds1 can't stay out of his sister's rocking chair, so he's getting one of his own, I'll probably make a little cushion to go on it.

My 11yo daughter really wants the Martha Stewart glitter stuff for scrapbooking so I picked it up when I had 50% off coupons last summer. Her other big want is a color guard rifle (big brother is in marching band and she can't wait!).

No ideas forthcoming yet from my boys, 13 and 16.

Pippen, off to sew a color guard outfit for Halloween...

Honestly, I'm most excited about making little paper toys to give them as stocking stuffers. (the ones from the toymaker online)

It's the simple things that usually get more 'oohs and ahs', at least around here. I'm excited about

simplifying things a bit, making some simple gifts and actually looking forward to ENJOYING the holiday break this year.

This probably just makes me sound like a complete weirdo. :D

Honestly, I'm most excited about making little paper toys to give them as stocking stuffers. (the ones from the toymaker online)

It's the simple things that usually get more 'oohs and ahs', at least around here. I'm excited about

simplifying things a bit, making some simple gifts and actually looking forward to ENJOYING the holiday break this year.

My kids what love that! Which ones are you talking about, do you have a link?

:)

DD will love her American Girl Doll.

I'm trying to talk DH into getting the Playmobil Pyramid for DS. I ordered his big Christmas present about 2 days before he saw this in the store and begged for it. We've been studying ancient Egypt and he's really, really into it. I'm under budget for his gifts, and still have 3 more ($20 dollar-range) gifts I can get him. If DH vetoes the idea, then DS will still be very happy with the Lego dinosaur set we got him :)

I'm very excited to give this. They've played Rockband at my BIL's but I would not get it for my young boys because of some of the lyrics. I'm ok with the songs on the Lego version and can't wait to see them open it!

I'm also excited for my oldest girl, but it's not a surprise. We were able to find skis and boots on clearance and bought them. I had to make sure the boots fit her. I'm excited because I didn't think it would fit in our budget this year. She's also quite excited.

My 2nd dd is getting good stuff, but nothing that will blow her away like Rockband or skis. She getting music stuff. She wants it and will be happy.:001_smile:

My kids what love that! Which ones are you talking about, do you have a link?

:)

http://www.thetoymaker.com/2Toys.html

Right now I'm doing the paper sail boats that the kids can blow across the table or the floor, etc; the spinners; the paper airplanes; and I'm looking at some of the boxes that have different pictures inside. I think DS would probably love the 'camera' since it is a joke.

I'm thinking of printing the airplanes (they print two to a page) and handing them out on Halloween with the candy treats. I'm printing everything on cardstock so that it will be sturdier.

I managed to get a full set of Charlie Brown Encyclopedias from ebay. My 7yo son loves Charlie Brown and I think he is going to be so happy.

I loved those as a kid!

http://www.thetoymaker.com/2Toys.html

Right now I'm doing the paper sail boats that the kids can blow across the table or the floor, etc; the spinners; the paper airplanes; and I'm looking at some of the boxes that have different pictures inside. I think DS would probably love the 'camera' since it is a joke.

I'm thinking of printing the airplanes (they print two to a page) and handing them out on Halloween with the candy treats. I'm printing everything on cardstock so that it will be sturdier.

nice! Thanks for the link. :)

DS 15 is anxiously awaiting the release of a new Codex for Tyranids (Warhammar 40K-I know that won't make sense to most people here :) ). He is just wanting cash-o-la for Christmas so he can invest in his army when the new information is published in January.

He is big into modeling for his Warhammar figures (plastic/metal figures you paint and assemble to do battle with) and terrain. I may buy him a few new tools to make his modeling easier. A magnifying glass stand, a Dremel tool, etc. He doesn't like misc stuff, so he is easy and hard to buy for at the same time. This is the 3rd year in a row that his main gift will be after Christmas. :(

Dd11 changes her interests constantly. I can't really plan for her this early. I have put together a box of Build-a-Bear clothes and accessories that I buy at Goodwill. It is a large diaper box full so while it hasn't been too expensive it will be quite a gift. She knows about it, and doesn't care that they are used because she knows that she will get more than double of what she would have got if I bought it new. She is also getting a label maker :lol: as she has been asking for one for.e.ver. There maybe a Wii game for her also, but I think I will end up giving it to her early. It is the Ski and Snowboard one and since the rain has set in here, she needs a little diversion.

DD3 is getting a set of metal dishes (she throws things if she gets frustrated so she can't have ceramic/porcelain), a Madam Alexander Doll (From Costco... American Girl size), and maybe something else. She gets things all the time because I get her toys at the second hand store. I find that there isn't a need for big holiday gifts for her....but we will see if I get swept up in the season :lol: I am contemplating a Ryan's Room or Plan Doll House and asking relatives to sponsor a room for their gifts to her. :D

Dd will be getting a new digital camera. We gave her our old one when dh bought himself a new camera, but it is really old. The memory card only holds about 150 pictures and you cannot buy them in stores anymore. It is also big and bulky. So, we are getting her a new one. Not sure yet which one, still have to do some research so any suggestions would be great! :)

Ds will be getting new bowling balls. He bowls on a league and for the high school team. He is at a point where he needs to upgrade his equipment so he can continue to improve his game. He will be getting 2 new balls for sure and maybe a third (though this one might be a used one) and a new bag to lug them around in.

We are also looking for a new family game to play. This will be our Christmas this year. It will be good though because these are things they really want.

I'm excited about a few of the things I'm making them (scarves, scrapbooks), and a couple of things I'm planning to buy (The Horrible Science Bulging Box of Books and something Playmobil, still not sure which one). But what I am ridiculously excited about are Madeline and Pepito paper doll books that I found for 99 cents. Those will be a Hanukkah gift.

I haven't looked at that website in almost ten years! Thanks for reminding me. I love her stuff.

My dd desperately wants a "Pillow Pet." They're essentially pillows with heads and feet. She thinks it's the greatest thing in the world. QUOTE]

Is this the one that is a pillowcase, and you put a standard size bed pillow inside of it? I got dd one about 4 yrs ago. She's 11 and still loves it!

My dd's will be thrilled when they get their mp3 players/headphones

Ds will probably get lambskin slippers and season 2 of MacGyver.

And we are planning on getting all 3 of them and dh- (cuz someone has to take them, and it ain't me :D ) season passes to the local waterpark. They have been begging for passes for years, and I don't want any more junk coming in the house- so that's their gift this year.

I am with you! I want to take the emphasis OFF presents and ON to being w/family and friends.

But we would maybe like to surprise them with a Wii Fit. What can I say, I'm a sucker for some shopping/gift giving :)

Edited by greensagemama

But what I am ridiculously excited about are Madeline and Pepito paper doll books that I found for 99 cents. Those will be a Hanukkah gift.

Oh please share where you found them!!! (I saw a Madeline Halloween costume that was sooooo cute, but neither LLL nor PDG wanted to give up their Tinkerbell or Belle costumes....

I REALLY want to find the "just right" dollhouse for my girls. I love the PLAN chalet, and I had one in my cart on Amazon that was about 70% off (with furniture) and someone bought it before I could buy it :( Wasn't meant to be.

Edited by BikeBookBread

WHERE did you find them@?@?!?!?!!?!?!? :bigear:

I found them at Ollie's Discount Warehouse, which I think is a pretty small regional chain. They get overstock books from lots of sources, and I have made some great finds there when I have taken the time to look really carefully.

My dd desperately wants a "Pillow Pet." They're essentially pillows with heads and feet. She thinks it's the greatest thing in the world. It's fairly inexpensive, doesn't make noise, doesn't need batteries, no teensy parts to break; sounds like a good idea to me!:D

My ds1 can't stay out of his sister's rocking chair, so he's getting one of his own, I'll probably make a little cushion to go on it.

My dd just told me she wants a Pillow Pet too... sounds like a good idea but do you know what it is made from? Cotton? I haven't been able to find by googling. :glare:

ETA: the website says "super soft chenille" do you know if it is cotton chenille?

Edited by Jumping In Puddles

DS 15 is anxiously awaiting the release of a new Codex for Tyranids (Warhammar 40K-I know that won't make sense to most people here :) ). He is just wanting cash-o-la for Christmas so he can invest in his army when the new information is published in January.

He is big into modeling for his Warhammar figures (plastic/metal figures you paint and assemble to do battle with) and terrain. I may buy him a few new tools to make his modeling easier. A magnifying glass stand, a Dremel tool, etc. He doesn't like misc stuff, so he is easy and hard to buy for at the same time. This is the 3rd year in a row that his main gift will be after Christmas. :(

Oh, I get it, believe me. Thanks to dh's obsession, um interest, with Warhammer, dd has gotten into it, too. She wants more Orcs for her little army. Of course, most gamers would be disturbed by how she painted them - pinks and purples mostly. :lol: