Menu

Church burning Bibles and other books (S/O Legalism)

Guest RecumbentHeart

From a report I just read on it:

"Church leaders did not respond to Raw Story's requests for comment, but the website notes they will be providing "bar-b-que chicken, fried chicken and all the sides" at the book burning."

Maybe some irreverence on my part but that cracked me up.

Boo! We were trying new churches once after a move and my ds accidentally left his Bible behind. When I called to inquire I was told that it had been found, and burned, because it was not KJV. It was so very sad for my ds because the Bible had sentimental value to him, as it was one of the few ties he has to his biological father (the Bible was a children's Bible that belong to his bio dad when he was a boy).

Sad, indeed.

Boo! We were trying new churches once after a move and my ds accidentally left his Bible behind. When I called to inquire I was told that it had been found, and burned, because it was not KJV. It was so very sad for my ds because the Bible had sentimental value to him, as it was one of the few ties he has to his biological father (the Bible was a children's Bible that belong to his bio dad when he was a boy).

Sad, indeed.

Wooooooooooooow. Did you explain that to them?

That's disgusting. Not to mention uneducated... The KJV is not the most accurate translation. I never understood why people were so fanatically attached to it.

:iagree: Because it's LEGALISM....and this has been beaten to death in the other thread, but this is a perfect example! Man's rules trumping God's plan.

Wow, any book burning is scary mentality. :eek:

Sad, indeed.

Oh my, I am so sorry for your son! :(

Sad, indeed.

That's shocking and sad. I'm sorry for your son.

Bill

I saw a report yesterday on a Baptist Church in NC that is having a book burning where all Bible versions except KJV are being burned along with books by Billy Graham, Rick Warren, etc. Now that is what I call Legalism.

Oh yeah, that's one's been around the net since they announced the event.

Whack-a-doodle-doo!

Sad, indeed.

Disgusting. It was personal property regardless what the views of the church were.

Disgusting. It was personal property regardless what the views of the church were.

Yeah, not to mention a great way to welcome visitors!:confused:

This church only has 14 members (according to the news report I saw) so it's not like they have tons of support. One can only hope their local community is just as outraged and lets them know!

Yeah, not to mention a great way to welcome visitors!:confused:

This church only has 14 members (according to the news report I saw) so it's not like they have tons of support. One can only hope their local community is just as outraged and lets them know!

so, hopefully they only have 14 Bibles to burn. I wish they would send them to a third world country with a missionary outfit that doesn't care which version as long as it has the basic tenets of faith in it. What a waste. I have heard there are organizations begging for Bible donations.

Sad, indeed.

Man, some people seem to need to earn a place in hell, regardless of their professed beliefs. What a thing to have done to a child. :glare:

One can only hope their local community is just as outraged and lets them know!

I'm in the local community--actually I had no idea the story had gone national until I saw this thread. Anyway, no one around here really seems to be paying them much attention. We have a lot of weirdos around here. :D Our motto is "Keep Asheville Wierd!"

Sad, indeed.

Very sad :(