Menu

My new homeschooling cabinet!

Amazing job! :drool5: Makes me long for the time when I could fit everything in my one cabinet and close the doors when school was done for the day. I have become the victim of my children's organizational sabotage, but seeing your setup makes me want to clean out the school room (AGAIN, and for probably the 100th time :svengo:).

Will you come organize my craft cabinet? I was JUST down in my laundry room where we have 2 large wardrobe type cabinets full of toys and then a craft cabinet. When we moved in, it was all so nice and organized. The toys are still pretty okay, but the craft cabinet needs lots of help. I have 16 kids here twice a week for different homeschool stuff. I LOVE that I have lots of stuff to keep them busy, but I would still like to make my storage area a bit better. Oh well, not going to happen all today - got a family birthday party to host tonight! Thanks sharing!

That looks nice! I saw the folder you made with all the checklists and things and I really like that. How did you make it?

I got some pretty file folders at Staples, trimmed off the tabs, and used a long-arm stapler to put them together. Then I printed off and laminated the bits I wanted to use and mounted some with rubber cement and some (that I might change out) with sticky-tack.

I did the same thing with dd's craft supplies and school supplies. I even use the same plastic boxes and drawers!

It's nice to have it all put away and behind door, isn't it?

YES!!!

The cabinet also ended up costing me only $190 new. :D

That looks awesome! Where did you get the cabinets? :drool5: I love that you can shut the doors!

Home Decorators.

It was once the most expensive of its type--$900, including shipping. But then it went of clearance, so I paided $390. It arrived with dings, and it was the last one, so I couldn't exchange it, and I was going to return it when they offered me half off EVERYTHING, including shipping. For $190, I can get a pot of paint and hide the dings!

I've been drooling over that style of cabinet for well over a year.

Amazing job! :drool5: Makes me long for the time when I could fit everything in my one cabinet and close the doors when school was done for the day. I have become the victim of my children's organizational sabotage, but seeing your setup makes me want to clean out the school room (AGAIN, and for probably the 100th time :svengo:).

My DS is small enough that the only thing he gets into are the workboxes!

As far as space goes--yeah, I think I'll have to have drawers on top eventually, too, as well as the buffet and the bookcases for the "library." I THINK that'll cover it all. I certainly hope so, or a portion of the big pantry (which is next to the current kitchen/dining, where we homeschool) will have to surrender itself to HSing materials, too.

Edited by Reya

Wow, Reya -- it looks great!!!

And when you get a minute, can you stop by my house and organize all of my stuff? :tongue_smilie: Clearly, you are way better at that sort of thing than I am, and I am totally impressed!!!

Cat

I just organized my next door neighbor's playroom for her. :tongue_smilie: She kept saying she wanted X, Y, and Z and never got around to it, and I finally said, "You want me to do it?" She did, so I did!