Menu

nursing in public and modesty

Does it bother you when mothers nurse their babies in public?  

1. 1. Does it bother you when mothers nurse their babies in public?

• No, as long as a woman uses a cover-up or blanket
    • No, as long as she is discreet
    • Of course not!
    • Yes. Nursing should be done only in private.
    • Other (please explain)

Breastfeeding is about healthy babies. Not breastfeeding in public causes many to stop breastfeeding too early. Milk production is complicated. Some can't use a bottle every once in a while and continue to breastfeed.

Since this is about healthy babies then it is the job of the people who are uncomfortable to leave the room, avert their eyes, use a blanket, etc.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Breastfeeding is about healthy babies. Not breastfeeding in public causes many to stop breastfeeding too early. Milk production is complicated. Some can't use a bottle every once in a while and continue to breastfeed.

Since this is about healthy babies then it is the job of the people who are uncomfortable to leave the room, avert their eyes, use a blanket, etc.

Interesting. I've successfully breastfed 4 children. If I'm unwilling/choose not to go to another room in a situation where I can (and utterly enjoy going and having privacy with my baby), then it's not really about the health of my baby at that point. It's really about me trying to prove a point.

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

I agree... the way society sometimes looks down on women who bf in public is so sad (i.e. the time I was asked to feed my baby in the BATHROOM!!! even while I was very discretely nursing.)

I hope for the day when women everywhere can nurse in public without the fear of being asked to feed their baby in an unsanitary place for the comfort of others who are more than capable of averting their eyes.

Interesting. I've successfully breastfed 4 children. If I'm unwilling/choose not to go to another room in a situation where I can (and utterly enjoy going and having privacy with my baby), then it's not really about the health of my baby at that point. It's really about me trying to prove a point.

Wrong, there are many circumstances where a mother might be unable or unbeneficial for her to leave with her child. There also might not be anyplace to go that would provide a comfortable environment for a child to nurse in. Discomfort leads to a fussy babe that won't nurse.

And I've successfully nursed 7 children, currently nursing the youngest.

I don't think that it means that someone "wants to prove a point" to want to continue to listen to a sermon at church or continue to eat her meal at a restaurant while her baby nurses.

I was speaking of course of times when it isn't practical to leave the area.

In some cases it is about making it easier instead of harder for the mom. For one thing, I am a writer. If my male family members are here all day and I need to get some work done then they need to leave the room so that I can type while nursing. There are times I would like to listen to things, watch a movie, eat a meal... and their are times when my baby will fall asleep nursing if I stay put but get all hyper if I go off somewhere with him.

I have an autoimmune disease that causes weakness and pain. Carting my struggling baby around is not practical for me. Sitting somewhere with little back and arm support is not practical for me. Walking up and down stairs with my baby in order to leave the area to breastfeed is not practical for me. Of course, I am rarely in public anyway... There are a lot of variables. :)

Thanks MamaDuck and BabySparkler. You said it better while I was typing.

Edited by Lovedtodeath

Well, I could go in another room with my first child, but if I have to do that with my 5th, it means that my older children are really going to have their options limited.

I'm just not willing to do that because some stranger has distorted views of the human body.

If I am at someone's house, I always ask if I need to go some place else to breastfeed. I will also go into another room if I'm at my own house,l but a lot of people are around that I don't know well.

Otherwise, I'm put the needs of my baby and my other children before the comfort of strangers.

I don't think that it means that someone "wants to prove a point" to want to continue to listen to a sermon at church or continue to eat her meal at a restaurant while her baby nurses.

I don't recall saying anything about church. I have breastfed in restaurants before and done so successfully and discreetly. I was trying to encourage the idea of being considerate of others and how frustrating it can be when people get militant about their "rights". I offered up that I am trying to be considerate of those around me in home situations. I'm rarely in situations in a home where my children would be in dire straits without me in the room, so me being considerate of others in that situation is reasonable. I guess I can offer that I've done so discreetly and sucessfully four times over now, and with #5 on the way, I will probably do so then too. I've also had success at being considerate of others and my baby while doing so. It can be done. :)

I don't recall saying anything about church. I have breastfed in restaurants before and done so successfully and discreetly. I was trying to encourage the idea of being considerate of others and how frustrating it can be when people get militant about their "rights". I offered up that I am trying to be considerate of those around me in home situations. I'm rarely in situations in a home where my children would be in dire straits without me in the room, so me being considerate of others in that situation is reasonable. I guess I can offer that I've done so discreetly and sucessfully four times over now, and with #5 on the way, I will probably do so then too. I've also had success at being considerate of others and my baby while doing so. It can be done. :)

Your pp wasn't taken as "in the home" but rather "anywhere in general". Those that nurse discreetly during service or at a restaurant are often seen as "militant" and "trying to prove something" when they are merely trying to FEED. THEIR. BABE. without exclusion from the Grace of a church service or eating with their family and enjoying their own meal.

If I was in a home, say, and there was a person in that home that felt uncomfortable with me breastfeeding in front of them, out of respect for that person, I would go to another room. No problem. It's not all about me and my "rights". The public bathroom situation, now that's totally different!!!! My baby won't eat in a bathroom. My father, for instance, is very kind about breastfeeding, but I do know it sometimes makes him uncomfortable. I make the choice to go to another room...because I care about him, respect him, and realize that it's not all about ME!!

After reading what I posted, I do see that I have been taken out of context. I very clearly stated that "in a home", as it states above. I also very clearly stated that a public bathroom wouldn't ever happen with my child.

I have never, ever seen a woman using breastfeeding for shock value. This is even harder for me to imagine than men becoming aroused watching breastfeeding.

A woman breastfeeds because she wants to feed her baby, and IMO, how she does it is 100% up to her alone and the comfort level of mother and baby. If she wants to step out of the room, that's fine. If she wants to use a blanket or ask if anyone would be bothered, that is up to her. If she wants to simply pull out her breast without comment, that is perfectly fine, too.

As far as I'm concerned, my only role is to be fully accepting of the mother and do nothing that would in any way make her feel uncomfortable.

Again, as shown in the above quote from me, I was clear that I was speaking of being considerate of others in situations where I had the ability to do so.

I've nursed in public, once my body became used to the idea. For the first 6 wks or so, my let down was so fierce that I had to tuck a folded towel under the non nursing side, and would soak it through. By six wks, my body had smartened up, and I could nurse without worry.

I've had ppl come up and chat with me, totally oblivious that baby was nursing until they asked to see him/her. :lol: I've had other people, strangers completely freak out, tell me I was disgusting, and to go feed babe in the bathroom.

Best experience I've had was in a resturant where I was known to the owner. He was Greek, and when it became obvious babe needed to be fed, he set me up in a booth and instructed his staff that they weren't to seat anyone around me, unless I gave permission! He took my older child to mix a cherry coke at the counter and played with him until babe was finished, as well as bringing me something to drink.

My MIL was the worst about it. Wolf took her aside more than once and had a chat with her about her comments. Sorry, but in *my* home I'm not going to be banished to a bedroom. Heck, there was more than once that she thought baby was just cuddling with me! It was if she realized I was nursing that she threw a fit. She even demanded (before her visit) that we have bottles available because she wanted to feed the baby!

Again, as shown in the above quote from me, I was clear that I was speaking of being considerate of others in situations where I had the ability to do so.
I am sorry if you feel picked on. I feel it is important that others know that some of us have extenuating circumstances and I would rather they keep those in mind rather than assume that I am trying to be in your face to prove a point.

After reading what I posted, I do see that I have been taken out of context. I very clearly stated that "in a home", as it states above. I also very clearly stated that a public bathroom wouldn't ever happen with my child.

Speaking only for myself, this is one post of your's that I do not recall reading. I had read and commented on another of your posts:

Originally Posted by Texas T viewpost.gif

This post made a general reference and is what *I* was responding to ;)

We actually have had a family friend that is very "oogyish" about breastfeeding. He is a grown man, old enough to be my father. He is very supportive of breastfeeding and knows that his issue is HIS issue. He refuses to have me leave the room and be excluded from the presence of our extended family. I would either let him know I was nursing, sometimes we didn't say anything and he didn't notice, but if he knew it was going on or was going to, he would leave the room and find something else to occupy him...a cigarette, fixing himself something to eat in the kitchen, playing ball with the children, etc. He NEVER made it as though *I* was doing something wrong, immodest, or intentionally making him uncomfortable.

He refuses to have me leave the room and be excluded from the presence of our extended family. I would either let him know I was nursing, sometimes we didn't say anything and he didn't notice, but if he knew it was going on or was going to, he would leave the room and find something else to occupy him...a cigarette, fixing himself something to eat in the kitchen, playing ball with the children, etc. He NEVER made it as though *I* was doing something wrong, immodest, or intentionally making him uncomfortable.
And that is how it should be.

I've nursed in public, once my body became used to the idea. For the first 6 wks or so, my let down was so fierce that I had to tuck a folded towel under the non nursing side, and would soak it through. By six wks, my body had smartened up, and I could nurse without worry.

I've had ppl come up and chat with me, totally oblivious that baby was nursing until they asked to see him/her. :lol: I've had other people, strangers completely freak out, tell me I was disgusting, and to go feed babe in the bathroom.

Best experience I've had was in a resturant where I was known to the owner. He was Greek, and when it became obvious babe needed to be fed, he set me up in a booth and instructed his staff that they weren't to seat anyone around me, unless I gave permission! He took my older child to mix a cherry coke at the counter and played with him until babe was finished, as well as bringing me something to drink.

My MIL was the worst about it. Wolf took her aside more than once and had a chat with her about her comments. Sorry, but in *my* home I'm not going to be banished to a bedroom. Heck, there was more than once that she thought baby was just cuddling with me! It was if she realized I was nursing that she threw a fit. She even demanded (before her visit) that we have bottles available because she wanted to feed the baby!

Greeks are wonderful, aren't they?! :D

My stepgrandfather would huff and puff when he would visit if he walked into the living room where my mama was nursing...EVEN IF she had a receiving blanket over her and my brother! It was HER home, not HIS! She was already in the living room ALONE with only her children. And FULLY COVERED! Just the knowledge made him beet red with irritation and he would made a huge huffing ordeal as he would stomp out of the room.

THAT, dear folks, is a man with a problem! And unfortunately the attitude that some mothers are confronted with.

Tell her that when her body produces milk formulated specifically for your baby, you might consider it. :lol: My MIL was the worst too! Always talking about how I always had a "boob in his mouth" and was making him too fat.:glare:

:lol: My MIL and first ped told me I was making my child obese and that I should nurse less. MIL told my SIL that she was starving her baby and should nurse more. I'm Cherokee and European; SIL is Filipino and European. It was our babies' builds...just the way they are (ped was east Indian and was good for SIL, but I switched when she told me that my babe was so fat that he wouldn't walk till he was 2...he walked that week and started growing UP instead of OUT ;) ). Both babes were solely nursed at that time and are healthy 12yr olds.

I am sorry if you feel picked on. I feel it is important that others know that some of us have extenuating circumstances and I would rather they keep those in mind rather than assume that I am trying to be in your face to prove a point.

I don't really feel picked on, per se. I'm just not wanting my words twisted. It's a very reasonable thing for a person to jump in and clear a matter up when their words and meaning have been mischaracterized by more than one person. I said what I said and it's very clear. I won't apologize for choosing to be considerate of other people. :) I'm trying to be clear that I believe it's possible to breastfeed and consider other people.

I bf two so far and never had anyone comment on it. I would scan the resterant and go for a seat against a wall, not in the middle of a room, then DH would seat himself in a way to make it easier for me to be discreet. I never heard one comment and I have often nursed in public. I think we can keep in mind not to offend and it's easy to do.

I have never, ever seen a woman using breastfeeding for shock value. This is even harder for me to imagine than men becoming aroused watching breastfeeding.

A woman breastfeeds because she wants to feed her baby, and IMO, how she does it is 100% up to her alone and the comfort level of mother and baby. If she wants to step out of the room, that's fine. If she wants to use a blanket or ask if anyone would be bothered, that is up to her. If she wants to simply pull out her breast without comment, that is perfectly fine, too.

As far as I'm concerned, my only role is to be fully accepting of the mother and do nothing that would in any way make her feel uncomfortable.

Me neither, but having read a few of the stories posted here, I imagine it must happen. I do know people that will use ANYTHING to get a rise out of other people, they're attention getters and it would not surprise me if they did everything they could while bfing to make as many people as uncomfortable as possible.

The world is full of all kinds of people.

I think a lot of people are beating up on this JORSAY person...I like hearing other people's opinions and I appreciate his honesty. I am EXTREMELY modest and he seems to be the same...there is nothing wrong with that. I think we should be considerate of others as nursing mothers. I think I recall him speaking of being "discreet" and I agree.

In highschool and college my friends would always rag on me because I did not want to talk about sex with them...they were surprised when I got married and started having babies...just because I don't want to talk about sex or see other's body parts in public does not mean I am anti-sex (or in this case anti-bf)...it just means that sex (and in this case my body parts) are PRIVATE.

I am VERY PRO BREASTFEEDING but respecting others who may be, in your opinion, squeemish is not wrong, it is considerate.

I had 3 kids and when I first started I went through all of the "proper" cover up procedures. Once I got used to it, I could be discreet without a blanket or coverup. Sometimes I wonder if people cover up for the fact of offending others and not really that they are uncomfortable? My take is if they didn't like it too bad! Don't look! A mothers #1 priority is her baby and most babies don't want this big blanket covering them, 2 out of the 3 of mine would get down right ugly. For the most part I was at home when I nursed but if I wasn't I did not go through special procedures to cover. When I see a baby nursing now I think it is wonderful and would love to go and congratulate mom for doing such a wonderful job. Let's face it. If the occasional nipple slip happens ooops sorry. It's not like mothers are ripping there tops off to nurse their babies in the nude, so what does it hurt really. As sad as it is most people whom complain about it never breast fed and bonded with their babies that way so they take offense. Just my opinion.

I bf two so far and never had anyone comment on it. I would scan the resterant and go for a seat against a wall, not in the middle of a room, then DH would seat himself in a way to make it easier for me to be discreet. I never heard one comment and I have often nursed in public. I think we can keep in mind not to offend and it's easy to do.

We can do all we can to be discreet and STILL offend. I was asked to bf in a bathroom only after someone wanted to see my "sleeping baby" in my arms and I gently explained that she was actually breastfeeding. I couldn't have been any more discreet, but people are just hyper-sensitive sometimes and just the THOUGHT of bf (even without any skin showing) can bring offense to some.

Edited by babysparkler

This is a man's perspective, but I am neither bothered nor titillated by a woman nursing. It is the most natural thing in the world and there should be no shame associated with it.

This is my DH's point of view as well. He simply sees a woman feeding her baby if he notices at all. DH and my boys have been around so many breastfeeding women, all the time, that they just don't even notice.

DH told me once about work. A co-worker had just had a baby. She came into the office with her 3 week old baby to say hi and do some stuff at her desk. While she was there she nursed the baby. When she left, a male co-worker said to my DH that he couldn't believe she would do "that" there. DH was confused at first and asked what he was talking about. The guy said, "Breastfeed the baby. Can you beleive it? Yuck." To which my DH replied, "Really? First, I didn't notice. Second, the baby was hungry. Why shouldn't she feed him?" DH said the guy stammered something about doing it in the bathroom, and DH said, "She didn't need to pee. She needed to feed her baby. Are you telling me you feed your kid in the bathroom? You're weird."

:D Love my hubby.

I feel the same way you do brother. I don't see breast feeding as remotely sexual, rather it's one of the greatest expressions of love a mother can show her child. It fills me with happiness when I see a mother feeding her child. And I was proud of my own rather modest wife that she put the needs of our very demanding infant first, and breast fed him on his schedule. In public or not.

She often heard this made her a "hero" in my book. Because that's the truth of how I feel.

Bill

You're right up there on the pedestal next to my husband. Personally, I have found far more men who support breastfeeding, in public or not, than I have found men who are uncomfortable with it. With our first baby, it was my dh who encouraged me to breastfeed her when she needed it, not when it was convenient for me or others; that included feeding her public. By the time no. 5 came along, I didn't give it a second thought.

Bill, you and KingM give me hope that our culture is moving forward and we can start viewing breastfeeding as it should be: the most natural thing in the world!

Janet

But, if we, as a culture, frown on public breastfeeding, breastfeeding is seen as inconveniet and tieing a woman to the home and isolating her from society. Thus, fewer women make the choice to breastfeed, and fewer women will choose to breastfeed beyond the first few weeks/months. This means that fewer babies will be breastfed and that impacts the overall health of babies. So yes, it is about the health and well-being of babies.

But, if we, as a culture, frown on public breastfeeding, breastfeeding is seen as inconveniet and tieing a woman to the home and isolating her from society. Thus, fewer women make the choice to breastfeed, and fewer women will choose to breastfeed beyond the first few weeks/months. This means that fewer babies will be breastfed and that impacts the overall health of babies. So yes, it is about the health and well-being of babies.

I think her point is that there should be a level of sense used. The two posters that mentioned a woman whose breast touched the man sitting next to her and the woman that left her unused breast hanging out, are, imo, examples of women that were looking to create conflict. I think it's all getting tangled in semantics. No one here wants women or babies to hide in toilet stalls and no one is advocating going around topless for easy access. IOW, just behave and use sense. Accidents happen, nips peek out, most people understand that. The same way people understand that you should not completely remove your shirt or just let it all hang out the whole time.

Yes, anytime someone frowns on someone else for breastfeeding, because they think that the person could be "more discreet", it discourages women from trying to breastfeed at all by making it embarassing or too inconvenient.

I think her point is that there should be a level of sense used. The two posters that mentioned a woman whose breast touched the man sitting next to her and the woman that left her unused breast hanging out, are, imo, examples of women that were looking to create conflict. I think it's all getting tangled in semantics. No one here wants women or babies to hide in toilet stalls and no one is advocating going around topless for easy access. IOW, just behave and use sense. Accidents happen, nips peek out, most people understand that. The same way people understand that you should not completely remove your shirt or just let it all hang out the whole time.
Julie, you have summed it up nicely. Edited by Lovedtodeath

I feel the same way you do brother. I don't see breast feeding as remotely sexual, rather it's one of the greatest expressions of love a mother can show her child. It fills me with happiness when I see a mother feeding her child. And I was proud of my own rather modest wife that she put the needs of our very demanding infant first, and breast fed him on his schedule. In public or not.

She often heard this made her a "hero" in my book. Because that's the truth of how I feel.

Bill

Awe...so very sweet of you Spy Car.;)

I also breast fed on demand where ever I happened to be. My dh was very supportive of me as well.

This shows that you believe she can do otherwise. What are your suggestions for her situation? Can you honestly say that you understand her circumstances enough to suggest that she hasn't done what she is able?

Actually, I'm just bowing out of the conversation now. It's really not worth my effort anymore. Not bowing out in anger...I just don't feel like it's a good use of my time. I attempted to make my point that there is no harm in considering the feelings of others, even in a situation like this, and there is really no use going any further to try to convince. I don't feel I have much more to say. I stand by my original point and won't budge from it. :001_smile:

"The best breastfeeding experience I had was at Disneyland. I took Miss Bossy to California to see my grandmother when she was 6 weeks old. I had put her off all day taking care of the other kids, but it was getting dark and I really needed to sit down and feed her.

The place was a madhouse, but I found a nice quiet bench where no one was sitting. It took me awhile to notice that the employees were telling everyone else who tried to sit down that this part of the park was closed.

I started to get up and apologize, but they said, "Oh, no. There is nothing more important than what you are doing right now. The other guests are just going to have to deal with it."

(the red is a quote from another post - sorry, I don't know how to properly do quotes)

I just wanted to mention that Disneyland has some great nursing spots. I've nursed both my dd's on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, as well as on the Mark Twain Riverboat.:tongue_smilie:

Edited by Alphabetika

It is nice to see that less than 1% of posters here don't support NIP and that that 99.3% do support women who nurse in public in some form or fashion. I think that that figure speaks loudly :) Though we all may not agree on how it is to be done, we can all (except 3 nay-sayers) agree that nursing mothers should feel welcome to nurse where ever they are when their babies need it. It is nice to be so supported :grouphug:.

Perhaps they prefer to keep that private? Maybe they think they'll be "attacked" if they come forward?

Pretty sad, imo, that people would need to be leary of stating their opinions for fear of a public forum lynching, but I can't blame them. There are some opinions I keep to myself for the same reason.

Also, the definition of "privately" could be taken differently by different people. Maybe they think, as long as no one realizes that is what you're doing, you're fine. IOW, as long as it's not obvious. For those people, maybe, breasts are considered too private to be "out" in public.

Who knows?

Perhaps they prefer to keep that private? Maybe they think they'll be "attacked" if they come forward?

Pretty sad, imo, that people would need to be leary of stating their opinions for fear of a public forum lynching, but I can't blame them. There are some opinions I keep to myself for the same reason.

Also, the definition of "privately" could be taken differently by different people. Maybe they think, as long as no one realizes that is what you're doing, you're fine. IOW, as long as it's not obvious. For those people, maybe, breasts are considered too private to be "out" in public.

Who knows?

Very true...and I don't blame them for not saying.

I've seen ladies who pop their breast over the neckline of their top to nurse [outside of the US], and it doesn't bother me -- I don't care one way or the other about seeing another woman's breast (neither excites nor repulses me). I certainly approve of breastfeeding. I think exposure of the breast is a separate issue. And I can see that depending on the culture, it could be seen as unusual behavior or not. I think people should learn to avert their eyes if someone appears to be nursing, instead of staring.

I've had several conversations with people about nursing on airplanes -- I've given lots of advice to friends and relatives. I once was ogled by some elderly (French) man on a plane (he had to look across his wife and across the aisle, mind you), to the point that I used my free newspaper to erect a wall around me. An acquaintance of mine once discussed in passing how she sits in the airplane bathroom to nurse her kid on long international flights, and frankly I was speechless. I feel sorry for the kid, most of all, but also any passengers with upset tummies.

I completely support breastfeeding and do it myself. However, I do consider it inconvenient and as a tie-down...when I am nursing I must take my baby with me. When I am bottle-feeding I can leave baby home. I don't like to have my baby attached to me for 24 hours a day. I detest breastfeeding. I don't like doing it and most likely never will. I still do...it's best for the baby, but not for me. I support the right of women to choose whether to breast or bottle feed...for me that is huge and very important.

Most people seem to fall into two camps...those who are unsupportive of breastfeeding and those that are unsupportive of bottlefeeding. There are very, very few who are willing to support both. I hope that I can count myself as one of those few.

Most people seem to fall into two camps...those who are unsupportive of breastfeeding and those that are unsupportive of bottlefeeding. There are very, very few who are willing to support both. I hope that I can count myself as one of those few.

I think there's a lot of people that fall into the 'whatever works for you' category too. I don't really care, as long as people are feeding their babies something besides sugar water and juice.

Honestly, the most vocal folks, furthest from center, are not the majority, they're just really loud.

Yes, breastfeeding and bottlefeeding can be a polarizing issue. However, this thread is about breastfeeding in public, not about whether or not one should breastfeed at all.

Yes, breastfeeding and bottlefeeding can be a polarizing issue. However, this thread is about breastfeeding in public, not about whether or not one should breastfeed at all.

Yes, I do know that...however I was replying to a specific post that stated that we should not see breastfeeding as tying one down...or share that sentiment with others. I do see it that way, and do express that when asked...which actually is relatively pertinent to being out in public. I don't like breastfeeding in public...and I don't do it. I do, however, support the right for women to breastfeed in public in any way which is most comfortable for them. We cannot assume though, that it isn't harder to breastfeed, and that all would choose to do that if they just knew the benefits. At any rate, I understand what you are saying about this conversation not necessarily being about that...

This morning my dh was loading hay in our yard (field) lol. Anyway, the truck driver was out there, and our baby needed to eat, and our 3 yr old escaped the house. So, I hurriedly threw baby in the carrier and got her latched as I ran out the door. I grabbed my son, and headed back to the house. The truck driver said,

"Hey, I haven't seen the baby, can I see her now"

"No, but I will bring her back in just a little while"

"Why"

"She is eating"

"No way"

I literally thought I was going to have to prove it to him. :lol: He stopped my dh and said

"Hey, did you know she is feeding the baby"

Dh "Umm, yeah, why"

"That is just plain wild"

"If she hid in a corner to feed her, she would never leave the corner, the house would be wrecked by toddlers, and I would starve"

"Oh I see, we bottle fed"

"Well, we own a bottle, our toddle ate the nipple off"

Not sure what took place afterwards, but obviously I do bf un-noticed. :tongue_smilie:

This morning my dh was loading hay in our yard (field) lol. Anyway, the truck driver was out there, and our baby needed to eat, and our 3 yr old escaped the house. So, I hurriedly threw baby in the carrier and got her latched as I ran out the door. I grabbed my son, and headed back to the house. The truck driver said,

"Hey, I haven't seen the baby, can I see her now"

"No, but I will bring her back in just a little while"

"Why"

"She is eating"

"No way"

I literally thought I was going to have to prove it to him. :lol: He stopped my dh and said

"Hey, did you know she is feeding the baby"

Dh "Umm, yeah, why"

"That is just plain wild"

"If she hid in a corner to feed her, she would never leave the corner, the house would be wrecked by toddlers, and I would starve"

"Oh I see, we bottle fed"

"Well, we own a bottle, our toddle ate the nipple off"

Not sure what took place afterwards, but obviously I do bf un-noticed. :tongue_smilie:

LOL!