Menu

One more day! One more day!

Tomorrow is our last full day in the good old USA for two years! I am going to get a good pedicure and finish packing. Then we have our going away party. Sunday morning we are going to church one last time, then to lunch with the in-laws, then off to the airport!

I am so EXCITED!!! And I am even starting to feel a little healthier!

Please pray for safe travels. I read that since 2000 there have been 100 plane crashes that involved fatalities! And 51% of planes crash during landing! Why am I torturing myself with these statistics? I have no idea. :tongue_smilie:

Odds of being involved in a fatal accident: These include all flights including personal, commuter, and airliners. Being in a airliner is 5x safer than in a personal aircraft. These numbers reflect more accidents than are true for you type of aircraft.

Besides, I think God has better plans for you than packing up a house, and ending it all there! He needs you in Malaysia, and has laid everything at your feet to get you there. Nope, sorry, I don't think he plans to let go of you or your family just yet. :D

Top 25 airlines with the best records

Odds of being on an airline flight which results in at least one fatality

1 in 8.47 million

Odds of being killed on a single airline flight

1 in 13.57 million

Bottom 25 with the worst records

1 in 830,428

1 in 1.13 million

Source: OAG Aviation & PlaneCrashInfo.com accident database, 1989 - 2008

I know you will be super busy, Heather, but please post a bunch here, and keep us updated. I need to live vicariously thru you! :D

Actually, I really want to know how it goes, and I hope you know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Happy New Life! Eat something exotic!

Odds of being involved in a fatal accident: These include all flights including personal, commuter, and airliners. Being in a airliner is 5x safer than in a personal aircraft. These numbers reflect more accidents than are true for you type of aircraft.

Besides, I think God has better plans for you than packing up a house, and ending it all there! He needs you in Malaysia, and has laid everything at your feet to get you there. Nope, sorry, I don't think he plans to let go of you or your family just yet. :D

Top 25 airlines with the best records

1 in 8.47 million

1 in 13.57 million

Bottom 25 with the worst records

1 in 830,428

1 in 1.13 million

Source: OAG Aviation & PlaneCrashInfo.com accident database, 1989 - 2008

Yep...with those kinds of odds you might as well just buy a lottery ticket, you got more of a chance of winning!

Tomorrow is our last full day in the good old USA for two years! I am going to get a good pedicure and finish packing. Then we have our going away party. Sunday morning we are going to church one last time, then to lunch with the in-laws, then off to the airport!

I am so EXCITED!!! And I am even starting to feel a little healthier!

Please pray for safe travels. I read that since 2000 there have been 100 plane crashes that involved fatalities! And 51% of planes crash during landing! Why am I torturing myself with these statistics? I have no idea. :tongue_smilie:

How exciting! An Adventure Supreme! Have a wonderful weekend, and don't worry about flying. Savor it.

Dh just pointed out that since 2000, in the US alone, 387 THOUSAND people have died in car crashes. You will me MUCH safer in a plane to Malasya! :)