Menu

What's Your Favorite Color

What is your absolute favorite color?  

1. 1. What is your absolute favorite color?

• Red
    • Orange
    • Yellow
    • Green
    • Blue
    • Purple
    • Brown
    • Black
    • White
    • I have no preference. At all. Ever.

I distinctly remember in school that everyone had the same favorite color: blue.

Isn't that weird? Were we under some kind of brainwashing? Is it just cuz it's the color of water and the sky?

I remember being totally surprised when I taught school and the kids picked all different colors as their favorites.

So, what is your favorite color?

Here's the deal: I cannot get every shade ever fathomed on the poll. So if you like lavender, pick purple. If you like emerald green, pick green. If you like teal, you'll have to decide whether you like a more blue teal or a more green teal and then pick either blue or green.

Who knows what kind of strange demographic information we'll come up with. :)

Edited by CookieMonster

Red. It seems to me that as children boys always picked blue whereas girls frequently picked purple or pink. My hubby's is blue because he only has two choices (he is red & green colorblind) as is my son and my brother who also choose blue. All of my dd's have their own color though. The oldest's is orange, next dd green, next dd purple, next dd blue and last one pink. I can tell what belongs to which dd by what color it is.

I distinctly remember in school that everyone had the same favorite color: blue.

Isn't that weird? Were we under some kind of brainwashing? Is it just cuz it's the color of water and the sky?

My favorite color was never blue. It was pink, then white, then pink and white, and then I couldn't decide. As an adult, I liked dark green for a while, and now it's bright green (not kelly green, more of a lime green--some sort of shocking green that dh doesn't like :lol: ).

My girls break the stereotypes. Oldest likes blue. I can't remember if it's aqua or teal. DD2 LOVES orange. Orange EVERYTHING. In fact, her play sandals are boys, boogie board....ORANGE.

I'm a purple person, and DH is Cobalt blue, but he is designated red in the color coding because 'blue' is already taken.:001_smile:

My girls didn't like the idea that my dh and I didn't have a favorite color, so they assigned us one. My ds is blue-green color blind and his favorite color is blue, so that doesn't count because we all know he can't really tell blue from many other colors so he was assigned red. My dd8 chose blue, dd4 got pink, I was assigned yellow and my dh got green. For years we had to keep reminding dh what his favorite color was ;)

My girls didn't like the idea that my dh and I didn't have a favorite color, so they assigned us one. My ds is blue-green color blind and his favorite color is blue, so that doesn't count because we all know he can't really tell blue from many other colors so he was assigned red. My dd8 chose blue, dd4 got pink, I was assigned yellow and my dh got green. For years we had to keep reminding dh what his favorite color was ;)

I have never heard of blue-green color blind. I thought red/green was the cones and then yellow/blue was the rods or vice versa. So people were either red/green color blind (not uncommon) or yellow/blue (pretty rare) color blind or just totally color blind which is more common than yellow/blue but less so than red/green. I do know that the red/green color blind people I know have some problems with shades of blue that are not pure but learning towards red/green. They can not easily tell deep blue from purple for instance. So your son, he can see red but not green or blue? That is interesting. I find the whole concept of color fascinating though and then when you add in the concept that people can look at the same thing and see something different well that is enough to keep me going for hours.

That is so funny! I, too, have been assigned yellow. I wonder what that's about? :001_huh:

I really don't have a favorite color. I like deep, saturated colors (she types, from the red couch in the orange living room, gazing into the green foyer...) but my preference has to do with the application.

I chose the last one, even though it's not technically true. I do have preferences, I just don't have one favourite colour, and some colours I only like for certain things. I might like one type of a colour but not another. For example, orange is a colour I'd never wear and don't decorate with, but I like orange flowers and seeing my eldest wearing certain types of orange because it looks good on her, however I don't like all kinds of orange colours. Dd won't wear orange now, though, because it's not in style or something like that.

I dream in colour virtually all the time, so I wonder if I'm just different than the norm when it comes to colour. It doesn't matter which part of my sleep cycle I'm in, if am woken up I was dreaming in colour. I think I remember dreaming in b&w once or twice, and it was really weird for me.

I have never heard of blue-green color blind. I thought red/green was the cones and then yellow/blue was the rods or vice versa. So people were either red/green color blind (not uncommon) or yellow/blue (pretty rare) color blind or just totally color blind which is more common than yellow/blue but less so than red/green. I do know that the red/green color blind people I know have some problems with shades of blue that are not pure but learning towards red/green. They can not easily tell deep blue from purple for instance. So your son, he can see red but not green or blue? That is interesting. I find the whole concept of color fascinating though and then when you add in the concept that people can look at the same thing and see something different well that is enough to keep me going for hours.

Blue-Green is the same is blue-yellow it is tritanopia which is a s-cone problem.

My favorite color has changed over the years. When I was very little, it was blue. When I was a teenager it was dark red (burgundy) until recently. Probably since three or four years ago I'm back blue -- a beautiful, Caribbean ocean blue. Ah I love that color. It makes my heart sing.

My ds' favorite color is and has always been yellow. My dd's favorite color appears to be green (she's going to be two years old, and we're not absolutely sure yet).

So many people here like green! The color of money :D