Menu

It's a ...................(drumroll please)

BOY! It was immediately apparent from the first second! (This was my 20 week ultrasound)

We're naming him Keaton John. I've been planning names since I was 13 (like many girls), but a few months ago, dh said out of the blue, "What about Keaton?" and I loved it and threw out my old names! I had my mom worried. I've been teasing her by telling her it isn't popular, you won't find it on a toy license plate or pencils, etc. She was so relieved that it was a traditional-sounding yet uncommon name. John is my dad's name--he cried when I told him.

Everyone in the family wanted a boy, so they're ecstatic.

My sister-in-law (9 yrs. older than dh) has 2 girls and can't have more children. My brother-in-law is almost 29 (3 yrs older than dh) without a girlfriend or marriage in sight, plus he's big into zero population growth, so who knows if he'll have any kids. Thus, my mil and fil are over the moon since they didn't know if they'd get a grandson.

My younger sister is unmarried and childless, so this is the first grandchild on my side. Since it was just us two girls, we've all been hoping for a boy. Plus, I've always wanted boys from the time I was a kid. My sister and I used to joke that we should get pregnant at the same time and swap kids (without telling our husbands) if I had a girl and she had a boy!:lol: I don't think we considered that we might both have the same gender. :tongue_smilie: Both of us have gotten over that, however. I could handle a girly-girl (like my sister) now, but I'm still happy to have a boy.

Edited by AndyJoy

BOY! It was immediately apparent from the first second!

We're naming him Keaton John. I've been planning names since I was 13 (like many girls), but a few months ago, dh said out of the blue, "What about Keaton?" and I loved it and threw out my old names! I had my mom worried. I've been teasing her by telling her it isn't popular, you won't find it on a toy license plate or pencils, etc. She was so relieved that it was a traditional-sounding yet uncommon name. John is my dad's name--he cried when I told him.

Everyone in the family wanted a boy, so they're ecstatic.

My sister-in-law (9 yrs. older than dh) has 2 girls and can't have more children. My brother-in-law is almost 29 (3 yrs older than dh) without a girlfriend or marriage in sight, plus he's big into zero population growth, so who knows if he'll have any kids. Thus, my mil and fil are over the moon since they didn't know if they'd get a grandson.

My younger sister is unmarried and childless, so this is the first grandchild on my side. Since it was just us two girls, we've all been hoping for a boy. Plus, I've always wanted boys from the time I was a kid. My sister and I used to joke that we should get pregnant at the same time and swap kids (without telling our husbands) if I had a girl and she had a boy!:lol: I don't think we considered that we might both have the same gender. :tongue_smilie: Both of us have gotten over that, however. I could handle a girly-girl (like my sister) now, but I'm still happy to have a boy.

Wooo! :party: :party: :grouphug: :grouphug: Congratulations!! Enjoy your little man. :)