Menu

Comfort viewing...

Lizzie in Ma

This year has sucked and the hits just keep coming.  Currently both my parents have back injuries, my brand new son in law is in an inpatient facility and Jenny just had an emergency appendectomy. Not going to be sorry to see the back side of 2017.

I am keeping the homefire burning (literally, keeping the woodstove going) and prepping the house for Jenny to come home today.

I have a knitting project on the needles and watching the snow come down and about to turn on the tv for a little escapism and comfort viewing.

I have had a few unexpected hits this year in this "genre".  How about you? What are your favorites?

The Heat with  Sandra Bullock is hilarious.  I don't know why I love it, but I have watched it at least 3 times.

Actually watched Baywatch and enjoyed it.  Loved all the references to the old show. Probably won't watch it again, but it was fun.

The new Jack Reacher was awesome because I adore Cobie Smulders.

Mama Mia never ever gets old for me. Ever.

watching the Marvel movies in order is always ongoing. ;)

I can always watch LOTR but since we have a marathon on New Years I am waiting.

Serenity (after a re-watch of Firefly of course)

TV wise, on another re-watch of Supernatural.  It just gets more clever every viewing. Probably my favorite show ever other than Firefly.

SG1 is up next

• Like 3

I watched some really good mystery series that were stellar -- Happy Valley and River.  But after that, I decided I needed to be watching things that were more positive and light-hearted!  I'm watching West Wing now.  :)

You take care.   :grouphug:

• Like 2

You have had a heck of a year.

Comfort watching here is Supernatural, Firefly/Serenity and Star Trek TNG. So somewhat similar.

We just finished Longmire. Sorry to see it end. I loved Fringe, years ago. Blacklist is a good one.

Oh! My weird unexpected hit this year: Defiance. If you liked Firefly, its a good one. But then, I also liked Falling Skies... :)

• Like 1

This year has sucked and the hits just keep coming.  Currently both my parents have back injuries, my brand new son in law is in an inpatient facility and Jenny just had an emergency appendectomy. Not going to be sorry to see the back side of 2017.

I am keeping the homefire burning (literally, keeping the woodstove going) and prepping the house for Jenny to come home today.

I have a knitting project on the needles and watching the snow come down and about to turn on the tv for a little escapism and comfort viewing.

I have had a few unexpected hits this year in this "genre".  How about you? What are your favorites?

The Heat with  Sandra Bullock is hilarious.  I don't know why I love it, but I have watched it at least 3 times.

Actually watched Baywatch and enjoyed it.  Loved all the references to the old show. Probably won't watch it again, but it was fun.

The new Jack Reacher was awesome because I adore Cobie Smulders.

Mama Mia never ever gets old for me. Ever.

watching the Marvel movies in order is always ongoing. ;)

I can always watch LOTR but since we have a marathon on New Years I am waiting.

Serenity (after a re-watch of Firefly of course)

TV wise, on another re-watch of Supernatural.  It just gets more clever every viewing. Probably my favorite show ever other than Firefly.

SG1 is up next

A woman after my own heart  :001_wub:

Sorry things have been piled on you.  :grouphug:

• Like 2

(((Lizzie))) May your 2018 be filled with sunshine and peace!

We finally caved and got Amazon prime this year,so of course dh and I have been working our way through the prime-available videos. I really enjoyed Inspector Lewis. I like mysteries, but not gore, and Morse/Lewis/Endeavor are just right, imo. Orphan Black is our latest binge watch, and I really like it, but it's not what I would call comfort viewing.

Eta: Whatcha knitting? I'm working on a pair of yoga socks and kind of playing yarn-chicken. The remaining ball is a lot smaller than I would like. I think I need to just frog it and let go of this project!

Edited by I talk to the trees
  • Like 1

(((Lizzie))) May your 2018 be filled with sunshine and peace!

We finally caved and got Amazon prime this year,so of course dh and I have been working our way through the prime-available videos. I really enjoyed Inspector Lewis. I like mysteries, but not gore, and Morse/Lewis/Endeavor are just right, imo. Orphan Black is our latest binge watch, and I really like it, but it's not what I would call comfort viewing.

Eta: Whatcha knitting? I'm working on a pair of yoga socks and kind of playing yarn-chicken. The remaining ball is a lot smaller than I would like. I think I need to just frog it and let go of this project!

This, it is easy and adorable

https://flowerpotdesigns.ca/2010/07/14/as-sweet-as-honey/